Fairy Ring Oracle - Pixie - 12th Card

LilRed

Card: Pixie
Court: Nine, Spring Court

We see a small green pixie holding a staff and she seems to be guarding the burial chamber behind her.

Pixies are also thorough out the Celtic lands (I swear I live with a few and I am in America.) They are known for being quite mischievous but will at times help out those in need. Just if you wish for them to stay around do not give them new clothes as they will then disappear. (Does this remind any fans of Harry Potter of something?)

Meaning:
Stop taking things so seriously, lighten up and let your hair down.

Reversed: Time to step up to the plate and take care of the task or responsibility you have been hiding from.

purple_scorp

A little pixie stands at the bottom of .....is it stonehenge??? and is surrounded by an enormous green aura. It's either stonehenge or a very historic set of cricket stumps.

Oh, oh and here's another one of the fairy folk with a big whacking stick.

I've picked up my trusty aura book to read what it says about green: Negative traits first caught my eye - "people may become too eager to please everyone else, smiling and agreeing with everything that is said, that they don't really know what truly pleases themselves anymore. They can be so practical and complacent about life that they don't ever think about what they are saying, or why they are doing what they do."

What a mischievous face on this little pixie. I'm guessing he is a prankster and would give you the opinion that he agrees with you, yet, when you turn your back, I bet he'd be up to no good. Though he looks to be quite a self-righteous little dude, too.

You know, I bet if some giant went and sat on the cricket stumps....this little pixie would take his whacking stick and poke at the overhanging rump.

From the book: It talks about not taking everything so seriously. To try and recover some of the childlike wonder/feeling.

Hmm, that's worth at least half a point, I reckon. Now, where is my scoreboard???? I think I'm still ahead of the fairies.

purple_scorp

ncefafn

It's the Jolly Green Midget! Honestly, he looks just like the Jolly Green Giant got zapped by one of those '50s sci-fi lasers -- or maybe it was nuclear fallout -- and now has to manage just a teeny-tiny row of peapods. He doesn't look particularly friendly, but not particularly unfriendly either. I guess, the way he's positioned in the greenery, he's responsible for keeping everything growing. Is he standing in a patch of poison ivy? It looks like a stone wall next to him, grown over on top. The pixie's been hard at work, trying to cover up man's messing with nature. But there are still those standing stones in the background. The pixie's too small to knock them over, but he can send moss and ivy and fungus all over it.

So I'm seeing this as another fertility fairy, but one a little more calm and stable than those spriggans. Well, after all, he's not very big. :)

Well, the book says that pixies are playful (and that's the impression I'd always had of them), but this guy doesn't look especially merry. And he's not hopping about or anything, but just has his feet planted, so to speak.

Kim