Fairy Ring Oracle - Ariel 13th Card

LilRed

Card: Ariel
Court: Spring, Ace

We see a bright cloudy sky; at the very bottom we can just see a touch of land. With what seems to be the same amount of substance as a cloud we see a fairy. With great wings that look like a butterfly’s (Looks like a Swallowtail’s) is a young looking man. Well built and toned (I’m counting an eight pack), his face looks almost like that of a statue. Draped around his upper chest, over his left arm and his lower region is a bright yellow, airy drape of fabric. Soaring in the air by his right knee is a great hawk. In the lower left hand of the card sits a yellow butterfly that matches he ethereal fairy’s wings.

The fairy Ariel is an air element, Shakespeare mentioned him in The Tempest saying that with his song he could bind or loose the winds, enchant men or drive them mad. Elements are sprits living in or composed entirely of one of the elements of earth, air fire or water.

Meaning: Heralds a completely new phase in the questioner’s life, arriving on the wind of change. It is a fortuitous time for formal study, developing new ideas, communicating ideas, writing or performing.

Reversed Meanings: Muddled thinking, rigid but mistaken ideas and a period of disagreements, conflicts and quarrels.

purple_scorp

Ariel looks like he is a stone statue - but, checkout those muscles!!! He's just rather pale looking and nobody has hair that colour! Is this supposed to be Ariel, the Archangel? Though his cloth looks delicately placed, there wouldn't want to be an unexpected breeze. He is almost translucent, which indicates he is of the spirit world. Ariel flies alongside a hawk. I love the way these cards have an imprint of something from the card in the corner. In this case it's a butterfly, and it replicates Ariel's wings.

I really don't know what this card could mean....unless it's referring to being able to pass your worries onto the angel, or call for angelic help.

The book: Doh! Didn't get the obvious air connection. A new phase.

It's one point to the fairies.

purple_scorp

ncefafn

First thought was: "Looks like Apollo." I dunno why, maybe it's the preternaturally golden hair, matched by that golden scarf that covers his naughty bits. Anyway, this guy is much more airy than Apollo, since he's semi-transparent, and he has wings, and there's no sunshine around. The sky, in fact, is deeply clouded, like a storm is blowing in or blowing out. So Ariel is probably more like one of the wind gods. He blows things into and out of your life -- people, messages, crises. He can be a gentle breeze or a tornado. He's pretty darn muscular for an air fae though. His abs are totally ripped, yet his legs seem kind of spindly. Probably doesn't use them that much with those wings. Why walk when you can fly? So he maybe betokens travel as well as messages.

Let's see what the book says . . . hmm, I was pretty close, but they didn't mention anything about travel. :)

Kim