My first ever spread!!!

Foxyangel

My first ever spread!!! - Guiding arrow, realtionship spread

Love and friendship?

For use when trying to get an angle on a blind date... or a friendship that seems to be progressing in another direction! Or any other personal realtionship for that matter....

It looks a bit like the fast forward arrow on a VCR... card 3 is lengthways....

****8****
*5**6**7*
****4****
** | 3 | **
**1***2**

1 - What type of person is he/she?
2 - What do I need to know about him/her?
3 - Blocks/obstacles
4 - Advice
5,6,7 Outcome... read as a story together.... but with distinct elements
5 - immediate future
6 - next few months
7 - long term
8 - What does he/she really want from me....

Can be most illuminating!

foxyangel :)

P.S. As this is my first ever spread.... feedback would be most appreciated... constructive criticism welcomed! :)

Fulgour

Which deck do you like best for this spread,
and do you have a special name for it yet?
I have found that when it gets to keywords
my own work and understanding still makes
me want to be as brief and precise as I can,
but that if I got talking I could go on forever.

Are there certain parts that work like a story
when you see them coming alive all together?
And just a thought, but do you favour using
a special cloth, or certain colours to go with?

Foxyangel

I work well with both the fantastical and robin wood... for the moment I am doing this for myself alone... with the fantastical as the main deck and pulling from the robin wood if I need any clarification...

As I have a teeny flat... there really is only one place big enough for readings in comfort... on my bed! Hence only doing them for me! So special cloth not really... but I did choose the sheets and duvet cover as they are colours I love... white background with woven purple stars in various shades...

As for a name I think "guiding arrow - realtionship spread"

WhiteRaven

Thank you Foxyangel for your contribution to the spreads forum.
I shall try this spread.....without a cloth mind you..LOL :laugh:
and let you know what I come up with.....

Again, thanks for sharing with AT :)

huredriel

Hi FoxyAngel,

I would love to try your spread but am currently banned from working on relationship spreads :( - however I shall definitely try this one at the end of the month (when my ban ends :D)

x Huredriel

january

Cool Spread!

Hi Foxy Angel -

This spread looks like it could work for many relationship issues and not just the romantic variety. I can totally see using it for workplace issues, especially when a new colleague or boss comes on board. I'll have to try it out sometime!

Whenever I do a throw I automatically lay out a Celtic Cross, a habit I've formed over the past few years. Most times it works but, for me, there's always some ambiguity about the "staff" portion as there's a tendency to jump ahead to the final outcome card and rick reading it in isolation. Thanks so much for posting such a "user-friendly" spread :)

~ January

PS: Like you, I have a small studio and read on my bed (with my cat's help) but your duvet sounds fab! My place is done in purples and greens and I love stars... where did you find such a cool duvet? You can PM me as to not take up thread space. ~ January

LadyMorgaine

Thanks for the spread! I used this spread to find out what a current ex expected from our relationship. I found it to work very well concerning the matter at hand.