Which tea cups do you collect for readings?

Elven

Hi Tarotbear

Quick question.

What is the marking on the bottom of the Cup in the picture, I cant quite make it out. The Cup Of Destiny doesnt have this marking.

Just curious

Elven x

stella01904

MM ~ I have similar cups with Lenormand-type symbols (key, heart, moon, etc.) around the inside and astrological signs in the saucers. I haven't worked with them much since the instructions aren't that great and they will need a lot of "trial and error" practice", but they are quite interesting! One cup and saucer was manucfatured in England and the other is a knockoff made in Japan, inly slightly different. The outsides of the cup say "Wouldst thy fortune like to see? Perchance this cup will show it thee." BB, Stella

tarotbear

Elven said:
Quick question.

What is the marking on the bottom of the Cup in the picture, I cant quite make it out. The Cup Of Destiny doesnt have this marking.

Just curious

Elven x

It's an anchor with a rope attached (that snake-looking thing in the photo is the rope.)

Here is a pic of the saucer, which has a star; does the newer cup have that?

Am uploading a pic of the Red Rose Cup of Fortune, if there is space.

Attachments

• nelros 03.jpg
    nelros 03.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Red Rose 3.jpg
    Red Rose 3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 79

tarotbear

Elven said:
While your browsing for cups, better look for a antique cabinet for them to be displayed on! Sooooooooo beautiful. Try not to think about the amount of washing up and where all the matching tea pots are going to go!

Blessings

Elven x

Good Point! What or how do you display your cups? In truth, mine are all in packages since I will be moving in a few moths and so I am not worried about that aspect of things.

I have seen many different kinds of displays. If you wish to check out www.tripar.com , they have nothing but display merchandise! A paradise of display thingies! For plates, cups, bowls! As I explained earlier, I collect mustache cups and I did not want the cups to be hanging from their rather delicate handles, which also hangs them in front of the saucer. I happen to like their 'etched base design brass finish cup and saucer stand #23-2452' in which the cup sits on a small circular stand and the plate rests behind it. I will attach a pic of one on my mustache cups & saucer sets; although you can't see the actual stand, you can see how I like them displayed. I figure someday I will get a glass etegere and display my dolls with tarot cards with my tea leaf reading cups. I was also lucky to discover that a shop a half mile from me has merchandise from tripar and I can buy these holders much cheaper than ordering them wholesale. Go to the site, go to 'cup and saucer displays' and go to the top of page two. They are minimal, but I don't want the holder to dominate.

Attachments

• Flea Market 01.jpg
    Flea Market 01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 72
  • Taurus 01.jpg
    Taurus 01.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 71

tarotbear

as of 4-10-05 ~

There is a set of all three Red Rose Tea 'Cup of Fortune' cups currently on sale on ebay. resonably oriced, too! One cup has a repaired handle.

stella01904

MM ~ Mine (the original, English one) is made by Taltos, they're always coming up on ebay, too. That's where I got mine. Hey, I'm getting a real sense of deja vu - has this thread been split? Or did I just not get to finish replying yesterday? BB, Stella

Chubby Mummy

Tarotbear, you have go me on a spending spree and a lookout for nice tea cups!! I got one on amazon and its really gorgeous, its the cup of destiny by Jane Lyle, I cant read tea leaves yet, but Ive been drinking tea out of it constantly!! Earl grey hhactually!! mmm, i think its time to put the kettle on again!! lol... I will look on ebay though, and maybe start a little collection!! (well when my guests come round and they see me drinking tea in these cute cups i got to make them some too!!)

xx
cm

Chronata

Thanks for the e-bay idea Tarotbear! (and for splitting the thread to it's own topic!)
I never really thought about looking there but there are some really gorgeous cups! Cheap too! :)

I am still trying to get good photos of the ones I have so I can share them!

SilverWing

similia said:
was tempted to buy 1/2 a dozen to use as really cool soup bowls.

Great idea. I would love to have them to use like that too. Soup, salad, cereal. They would just be fun to have.

I did find one on Ebay a few years ago that was so cute. I was out bid in a big way on that one. I think it had a witch or two on it.

stella01904

Instructions Link

MM ~ Just wanted to mention, I found instructions for my Taltos cup at http://www.worldoftarot.com/teacup.htm I think most of the others would work in a similar fashion. Often, ebay items have no instructions, or if they are included, the seller wants an arm and a leg and a firstborn son! Lucky for us, we have google...BB, Stella