Divination for Beginners - By: Scott Cunningham

Josh

Just bought this book and i wanted to know your tougths on the book and if i made a good purchase or if i made a mistake. I have heard that any book by Scott Cunningham is a good book so i decided i would try this one???? Has anyone read it or does anyone have it??? What are your thoughts on the book and the author? (i believe he passed away)

-Josh

Emeraldgirl

I don't have this book. But I do have a few Scott Cunningham books and I find him to be a really great easy to read writer. The only thing that has ever bugged me is that he (and most other authors) all live in the Northern Hemisphere where I am down south

seneris

Scott Cunningham died in 1993, I think.
I have never heard of the book you're referring to, but I have read a few of his books (Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner). Like Emeraldgirl said, they are a good read; not too difficult.
Have you started reading yet? What do you think so far?

Scarletred

His books are pretty good, they are very helpful. He was my intro to the old religion.

Josh

I have started reading it and like it says it is a begginers books o it is not tooo in depth so i dont like that aspect but in anyother way it is a great book just leads you to buy more books on different divinations.....

-Josh

Hermgirl

I read this book a while ago and liked it very much. There is a cool method of divination with stones or slips that I think Cunningham devised himself.

easyboy82

Just out of curiosity, could someone who owns this book tell me which decks Cunningham mentions in the chapter about Tarot (if any)? Thanks!

tarotgimp

Josh said:
Just bought this book and i wanted to know your tougths on the book and if i made a good purchase or if i made a mistake. I have heard that any book by Scott Cunningham is a good book so i decided i would try this one???? Has anyone read it or does anyone have it??? What are your thoughts on the book and the author? (i believe he passed away)

-Josh

I haven't read this one personally(actually didn't even know he wrote on this subject specificaly). I'm glad you posted about it. I love Cunningham's work. I own 3 of his books and am currently trying to procure a few more. Since I don't own this book all I got to go on is the amazon reviews. This book doesn't seem to be specific to tarot but more of a general overview of the various forms of divination. This is one of the reasons I love Cunningham's work so much, he offers his readers "a choice". From looking at the TOC on amazon as well, it looks like once again he's covered all the basses and I'm sure hits it high and inside straight out the park! :). Ironicly placing the chapter on tarot in the "advanced techniques" section. idk about you but tarot seems a lot easier to me than staring into a lil bowl of water. :) Anyway those are my thoughts, and thanx for the tip. I'm getting this one. :)

tarotgimp

-blessed be