Elven and Helvetica's common dream - at the same time.

ncefafn

By the way, my natal Mars is at 5 Leo.

Kim

Sophie

Lynda - very illuminating and yes, I will definitely see the Whale Rider - I'd heard of it on Swiss radio a while ago and thought I might enjoy it. And independently of their Sabian associations - your Blue Mountains sound as lovely as my Alps - very clear today: I can see the towering rock formations (partly covered in still and magnificent) :) Very literally these are in hangin over my life!

I have a quick question: what does the "5" mean in Scorpio 5 (or Taurus, Aquarius and Leo)?

Lynda

Overhanging rocks!

Hey Kim,
It will be interesting to see what comes up for you with this eclipse!

Helvetica,

Leo 5, Scorpio 5, etc are degrees of the zodiac. The zodiac starts at Aries 1, Aries 2, Aries 3 and on and on for 360 degrees = 12 signs with 30 degrees = 360 and the Sabian Symbols provide a story for each of the 360 degrees.

AND

I'd just finished reading and writing the above and pulled up my website (I think it's in my bio, the rules, I believe prohibit me from posting it) and hit on the Oracle and the result? Leo 5! (and when I'm in the mountains, I live right near a gorge that is every bit as amazing as the Grand Canyon - which is also World Heritage Listed, as is the Grand Canyon) - I'm just two streets away from a huge gorge of towering sandstone cliffs. My house was built in 1943 by a man named Gully (true story).

Right now, I'm in Avalon, my beachside home... it's interesting to me that I live both at the beach and the mountains and these two 'places' are in high focus in two of the Symbols of this upcoming lunar eclipse. (this full moon)

Your places in the alps sounds lovely - how amazing the imagery of where we live. You, me and Elven all living in the mountains (me half the time, but I think my heart's more there than here are the beach)

Greetings from Avalon Beach (where the waves are crashing against the rocks)
Lynda

ncefafn

Thank you, belatedly, for posting all this wonderful information, Lynda. I meant to say that earlier, but I've been I guess too astounded by the synchronicity of all this.

As for the eclipse, I'd been planning on doing a private full-moon ritual, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of that.

Kim

Sophie

Thanks for the explanation Lynda! I've checked my chart and I have none of the Fixed signs at 4,5 or 6. The closest is Mars in Scorpio 3.

I am not exactly in the Alps - I live at the edge of Geneva, and from my large bay window (my desk is right by it, facing out) I see the Alps only 50 kilometres away - particularly the Mont-Blanc range. Closer I see the pre-alps, at the doors of Geneva. I spent a lot of time in the mountains (like you - half and half!). Yes, they are magnificent, and your reading of Leo 5 means more to me as a result - I can literally picture what it means and symbolise my mountains (and materialise the symbol of Leo 5).

I didn't immediately make the link with Avallon - Avallon is the Isle of Apples in Celtic mythology, where Arthur went to rest and recuperate. Apples were powerful regenerative symbols to the ancient Celts in parts of Europe where apple trees are common; they were also said to lend visionary power - clear sight and understanding.

In the Faeries' Oracle investigation I made of my dream (which I link at the beginning of this thread), I drew, on the evening after I'd had the dream, the Faery Godmother, whom I discussed at length in the thread the next morning. In the Faeries' Oracle, she dispenses grace, aid and protection during life lessons (initiations). She is shown handing us an apple :)

Maybe you are our Faery Godmother, Lynda in Avallon Beach ;)

BTW - I also went onto your site. I can give it, because I'm not you:
http://www.sabiansymbols.com

And drew Sagittarius 8: DEEP WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH, NEW ELEMENTS ARE BEING FORMED

It could not be more accurate for my present situation.

Sophie

The Lunar eclipse is on Passover. Wow! Talk about symbolism!!!!! Leaving the painful old for the new - and an adventure.

And blood there too - the departure of the Jews from Egypt was signalled by blood from a newly sacrificed kid (goat!!) daubed on their doors...

WOW!

Lynda

Adam and Eve in the Garden

Hi Helvetica
This is all so fascinating - thanks for the tip about apples - I hadn't put that together.

Also, I don't want to confuse you here but am keen to voice it, my progressed moon is soon to go onto Aries 14: A Serpent Coiling Near a Man and a Woman - this lasts for a month and speaks very much about the apple, being in 'paradise', etc. Soooo, the apple is current and alive and well in my life.

You'd have to see this place I live in, Avalon, to believe it - it's an exquistely beautiful place - and not only exhiliratingly (sp?) beautiful, but an easy place to live - the life here is very safe and serene (I'm glad to report!!)... although there is the feeling that nothing much ever happens.

Perhaps with my progressed Moon on that degree, things are about to get interesting!

Greetings from the other side of the world :)
Lynda

Sophie

See, I told you, Lynda - you are offering us the apple of knowledge!

Now, regarding Passover again - I wonder if the original Passover, when the Jews fled Egypt, had a full-moon eclipse - and with the same astrological configuration? I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Full moon - reminding us of menstrual cycles and generally of cycles - Passover (which coincides with the full moon eclipse), blood sacrifice and departure from the land of slavery to the Promised Land. But then, what of the eclipse?

I discussed the Moon symbolism a fair bit too in the thread on Epona's Wild Daughter and my dream (in the comparison I made between the Faery Godmother and Epona's Wild Daughter). Moon goddesses were often huntresses too (think of Artemis/Diana) - strong and powerful - possibly very well suited to a Mars in Leo 5...;)

Edited to add: I found this site about the lunar eclipse: http://medicinegarden.com/astrology/FM_Leclipse042405.html
crikey! I hope the pilot on the plane I'm taking to Prague is not a Scorpio or a Taurean!!!

ncefafn

Thanks for posting that link, Sophie. For the lunar eclipse, I've been considering doing a pathworking using a black mirror. I went to Lynda's site and clicked on the oracle with the idea of the lunar eclipse and my plans in mind, and got:

*** PISCES 11 ***

# 341

MEN TRAVELING A NARROW PATH, SEEKING ILLUMINATION

Sometimes the search for high ideals and understandings place us at odds with conservative social expectations. It is the ability to persevere with the search, regardless of the cost, that marks the sincerity of any path or journey. Most times this quest is very illuminating, although sometimes it's confusing. You will need to reject that which is unworthy.

People 'on the path'. Having a cause to follow. The promise of light at the end of the day.

The Caution: Being blinded by the light. Not knowing where you're really going.

Interesting.

Kim

Sophie

Kim - this is exactly like the Jews fleeing Egypt - who followed the column of fire across the Red Sea and into the desert!!