Troubled Waters Spread

Zyfe

I know there are already a lot of relationship spreads out there, maybe several similar to this, yet I couldn't find one that quite fitted the bill (many of them seem geared towards romantic relationships, I wanted one that can work with any sort of relationship), and so made my own.

This was geared to try and help me confront the common problems I often run up against with friends (yeah, I'm socially inept! ;)) - wondering if I'm expecting too much from our friendship, wondering if the other person is looking for the same things in the relationship that I am, how they perceive me and my intentions; overall feeling some dissatisfaction with how the relationship is progressing (or failing to progress), but not always knowing exactly where the problem lies, let alone what to do to try and make it better.

*s1*********s2*
**4****2****6**
****8**1**9****
**5****3****7**

s1 - significator for person 1 in the relationship (the Querent)
s2 - significator for person 2 in the relationship

1.) The central issue causing the dissatisfaction that the Querent feels with the relationship
2.) Strengths of the relationship
3.) Weaknesses of the relationship
4.) How the Querent sees the Other Person
5.) What the Querent wants/needs from this relationship
6.) How the Other Person sees the Querent
7.) What the Other Person wants/needs from this relationship
8.) The action the Querent should take to resolve the problem
9.) The reaction likely to result from this action

Although I put significators in (optional for those who like to use them like this), I don't actually give them their own positions in spreads; rather, at the outset I pick out the two cards that I would use as significators for each person, focus on them while shuffling, but return them to the deck when I'm nearly done shuffling (a lengthy ritual for me!) then do the spread with a full deck of 78 cards.

I've only had one chance to use this so far, but it was quite enlightening - reaffirmed things I already suspected, and drew attention to some things that I perhaps ought to have known, but hadn't really picked up on. I'll post the results separately in the readings section.

As always, any feedback is much appreciated. :)

Oriana

NYCTeen

Thank you so much for posting this spread! I'm a beginner and even though the reading confused me a bit, I got to know my cards so much better! It also helped me look at my friendship with my friend from a different perspective. Again, THANKS!

Ambience

Lovely spread- very insightful x

Glass Owl

I found this gem while looking for a spread for another and I think I just may have to give this one a try for myself. I will probably leave out the significators or maybe I will go through my oracle cards and use those.

Thanks.