Does Anyone Have This Book?

Angel_fire

Hiya Everyone

Could anyone tell me if they have a copy of:

The Complete Tarot Reader: Everything You Need to Know from Start to Finish by Teresa Michelsen

I have seen it advertised, but wondered if it is any good.

Love Angel_fire x

BlueLotus

I did a bit of a search for you in this regard, and found this Review here at AT which you will probably find quite interesting.

I am actually contemplating adding it to my collection, when I am through with reading other books

Hope you will find this review useful as well.

WolfSpirit

I have Teresa Michelsen's Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads and I enjoyed it so much that I think I will like this one as well :)
In my opinion she explains things in a clear no-nonsense style.
Also, I think I saw the book for around 10 $ and for that price you get a lot of info :)

shaveling

I'd been using the Tarot Studies section of her website Tarot Moon as one of the sources for my tarot education. But those articles have included in the book, and so have been removed from the website. So I bought the book knowing I already found at least some of the material in it helpful. (It was about time I did something to repay someone who was teaching me, anyway.)

I'm reading through the book now, and enjoying it. I'm not actually doing the excercises this time around, for various reasons. But I would certainly recommend The Complete Tarot Reader.

There's no simple list of card meanings or keywords in the book. That is deliberate. Michelsen's focus is on teaching us to understand the tarot through different means. The review BlueLotus links to explains this well, and is worth checking out.

-shaveling

Nec

This book seems to be an interesting one according to the review here in AT.

Little Baron

The numerology articles on her site are also very good.
LB

Tabby

Have the book

I have the book and I have done some of the exercises as well. Right now, I'm on the second chapter. I do feel like i'm learning more by doing the exercises. I feel like it is helping me to increase my knowledge of the tarot.