"The Acumen Spread" - Two Deck Spread

Rogan

Hey Everyone...

Been toying around with a few ideas - Here's the result -
The Acumen Spread.

"Acumen - Quickness, accuracy, and keenness of insight"

This spread uses two decks. Ive paired my Rider Waite with my New Vision and it works an absolute treat.

Pick your two decks - Your first main deck will use all it's cards (From which you draw cards 1-5 from) - The second deck will only use its major arcana (From which you draw cards A-D)

The main cards (1-5) are laid out first - And the cards which offer higher insight and information from your guides (A-D) are laid out second.

***1*A***C*5***
*****2*B*4*****
*******3*******
*******D*******

1- Past
2- Near Past
3- Present
4- What needs your attention
5- Future

Card A relates directly to card 2 - A Path not taken
Card B relates directly to card 3 - Be wary of this
Card C relates directly to card 4 - How it requires attention

Card D is what I like to call "The Key Card" - It casts its view over the whole spread - It will really come down to what the Reader feels, as to what the card represents - It may represent the Querrant's main outlook/attitude. It may represent the overall outcome of something - It comes down to the readers feeling/intiution as to what The Key Card is saying. Really try to connect with the Querrants guides and your guides. Listen to your heart, and speak - Thats the meaning of Card D.

Lemme know what you think - I'm offering some readings in the reading exchange to work with this spread some more...

Rogan.

Maelin

Hi Rogan. I like the idea of using multiple decks - I recently read Valarie Sim's "Out of the Box" which is devoted to the subject of how to use multiple decks togather. The spread you mention sounds interesting - I think the advice the second deck adds will be dependent on the style of the deck used - My temptation would be to use radically differrent styles of deck - one which focussed on every day issues and one - I think of my Hallowquest deck - that seems to reserve itself for more spiritual issues - the juxtaposition of the two styles would really increase the depth of the reading.

I will be trying this soon, thanks

Rogan

Glad to hear you found it interesting, Maelin!
To be honest, Ive been extremely pleased with the results of the Acumen Spread - The majors used for cards A-D really give a deeper insight into the issues raised in cards 1-5...

Let me know how you go!

Rogan.

Sunrise

open

I recently joined the forum. I joined because I like the new spreads that you all share. I have never used two decks at the same time. This sounds very interesting. I will try it tonight.

Peace