Have you dreamed in the other gender?

Have you dreamed in the other gender?

• Yes. I am a woman and have dreamed from the point of view of a man.

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • Yes. I am a man and have dreamed from the point of view of a woman.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • No. I am a woman and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • No. I am a man and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Mother Goose

I am a woman and have had a few dreams where I was experiencing things from a man's point of view. I have assumed it had to do with a past life personality trying to tell me something in this life. :)

Sophie-David

Thank you, all the folks who have responded so far, and for your frankness in what could be a somewhat delicate issue. I'm glad we've at last had two or three male responses too! Yes, I am only interested in dream experiences as far as the vote in the poll itself goes. Apart from thinking that there would be less male responders than female, I didn't have any preconceived ideas on what I would find, but its interesting that so far the majority of female responders have experienced dreams in the other gender.

Writers and some other artists would routinely work from the other gender point of view while in artistic flow or trance - I would think that would affect one's dreamworld experiences too. What I do know is that its been a blessing to me to have these other gender dreams - the next best thing to being there! ;)

snowy25

A very interesting thread...

I dream all kinds of things.
Mostly my dreams are about me being younger, sometimes I'm a male other times female.
Sometimes I dream of being more then one person having differend tasks to do.
I'm always doing things or working on a project or I'm at school again (making me the oldest in the class) when I dream.
One time I had a dream I was 15 - 18 people both male and female with differend skills and aditudes.
It felt like I was in a place I just had died and saw and talked to all of my former selves.
That was realy weird.

Good luck on this Sophie-David

Elven

Brilliant question David!
I have dreamt in a male form. I cant remember the dream properly but I remember being naked and having a male attributes. My body was shining green though, and when I looked inside body, there was a shining bright yellow light. :)

Good luck with your research David.

Blessings
Elven x

firemaiden

I have dreamt from the point of view of a male (or male anatomy, or partially, LOL) but only very rarely indeed.

Free Flight

Only happened to me once i had a dream I was a male priest. It was like a medieval setting and I was wearing purple flowing robes. I got the impression I was not a nice man at all

psychic sue

In one of my "war" dreams that I seem to be experiencing lately, I caught sight of myself - there seemed to be some reflective material on a fence - and I was a man. It was a strange feeling, but I assumed it was my a glimpse of my "masculine side".

Sue x

FaeryGodmother

I have dreamt that I was male. It certainly gave me a deeper understanding of why men think about sex so much. :D

FGM

Grigori

I've not dreamed of being a woman, but I have dreamed of being a female friend of mine. I think it was more like I was watching than being though (later in the dream we were seperate individuals). Does that count?

Its an interesting question SD.

Sophie-David

Hi Similia

Yes, if you felt that you were the woman in the dream, even if the perspective was from outside of her, from my point of view that would count. :) What I'm looking for is a shift in dream consciousness to the other gender. Thank you for responding!

David