Have you dreamed in the other gender?

Have you dreamed in the other gender?

• Yes. I am a woman and have dreamed from the point of view of a man.

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • Yes. I am a man and have dreamed from the point of view of a woman.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • No. I am a woman and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • No. I am a man and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Sophie

Nevada said:
Interesting question. I recall only once or twice dreaming that I was distinctly male in a dream, but I've also had many dreams where there was a male figure who, on waking, I felt strongly was a manifestation of my masculine side.
Same here. But there is a difference for me. The dreams when I am actually a man are too-fleeting and tantalising. But when I see a man in my dream who later I feel is a part of me, the dream is much stronger, more visual and definite.

Chronata

I have been male in many of my dreams, and in several I have also been androgynous.

I also do experiment often with art and writing in a male perspective.

I also play role playing games, and have played male characters as often...if not more...than female ones.

Some people I know consider this a challenge. For me, it is just as easy to veiw the world through a male perspective as from a female one.

raeanne

Hello,
Yes, I am female and I have had dreams where I was male. I also had a dream once where I was a cat. I loved having a tail. I still remember how it felt to be able to express myself by using my tail. I was a great experience! As for dreaming I am a male, I think it does give me a bit more insight into the male mind-set. This is a very interesting thread!

Sophie-David

SunChariot said:
Have you seen the Faeries' Oracle, my favourite deck now? What you just said sounds a lot like the way to see faeries...:)
Yes, I think I understand what you are suggesting, Bar. I'm afraid I'm in a bit of overload at the moment and can't pursue this just now. :)
Chronata said:
I also do experiment often with art and writing in a male perspective.
I can really identify with this. I think that perhaps the most personally rewarding expression I have done was to write a short story told from the point of view of my first love. I think I must have succeeded fairly well because when my wife read it she could really identify with how the character felt (I should note that my wife was not my first love).
reanne said:
Yes, I am female and I have had dreams where I was male. I also had a dream once where I was a cat. I loved having a tail. I still remember how it felt to be able to express myself by using my tail. I was a great experience! As for dreaming I am a male, I think it does give me a bit more insight into the male mind-set. This is a very interesting thread!
That sounds absolutely delightful, to dream of having a tail and being able to use it for expression - this really made me smile. :)

Yes, this is what makes dreaming in the other gender so wonderful, the chance - at least to some extent - to understand what it means to be that mysterious other!

Ulfdis

I've had a lot of dreams where I was a different person. Different sex, different appearance, different age. I had one about 2 weeks ago where I was a man. An odd note is that in my more aggressive dreams (wrestling with a 7-foot tall blue fairy, cutting out someone's heart and tossing it in the kitchen sink, that sort of thing), I am myself (female). In dreams where I am a man, my actions are not as aggressive or violent.

isthmus nekoi

I have dreamed I was male, but like others, I've been all sorts of ages and what not in dreams. On occasion, I've been animated, actually 2-dimensional :D I have Mars (male planet) conj my ASC and it has always been natural for me to access/express masculine energy. I don't think of myself as masculine though, never was a "tomboy" etc.

zorya

i recall a dream, in which i was a man, loading my horse to go off to battle. my wife and children were there to see me off. i recall having a helmet with bristle like stuff across the top.

i was very concerned about how they would fare without me.

mike gorth

I'm one of the two guys who have never dreamed in the other gender. In fact, i'm lucky if I even dream at all.

Mike Gorth

LittleGoblin

When I was a child, I dreamed in the other gender all the time. Now, as an adult, I am not so sure.

Rusty Neon

As a straight male, I confess that I've dreamed about the other gender. :)