Have you dreamed in the other gender?

Have you dreamed in the other gender?

• Yes. I am a woman and have dreamed from the point of view of a man.

Votes: 49 57.6%
  • Yes. I am a man and have dreamed from the point of view of a woman.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • No. I am a woman and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • No. I am a man and do not remember dreaming this way.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Sophie-David

Hello Marina

Thank you for explaining this. I have very little knowledge of past life work, although as I mentioned I strongly suspect that the internal entities I deal with today may well have represented the core of the self in previous incarnations. The furthest I have gone back to is moments before my birth, and from then through into delivery.

Your intentional method, in which you enter a dream like state to work on past life material, sounds very like the methods I used for exploring my Self in a series of meditations on the Major Arcana last October. Like your experiences, these sessions were very intense and emotional. Jung would suggest that this work used "active imagination" techniques. I see them more as a form of Shamanism - they can be equally unsettling and dangerous too. On the other hand I experienced perhaps the highest and purest contact with reality that I have known. Some of the sequences too, were full of joy.

In none of these meditations did I experience consciousness in the other gender - that has occured only in significant dreams.

Deep Blessings - David

mythical sword

Yes i have

I am male and have dreamed on occasion of the "I" in my dreams as being a girl... the most recent of which seemed to be a feminie alter ego of myself who was helping another girl (presumably her best friend) find her way around some unknown rather large city.

The positve thing about this dreamis that it inspired creativity in my writing and helped me boost the female perspective in a story i had been writing, In which the i of my dream and her friend were the main characters. Thanks to the dream i am now able to view my characters in more vivid detail. I hope this info was helpful to you in some way.

Sophie-David

Writing from the Other Gender

Hi Mythical Sword

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been away at a Wisdom School for a week - welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing how you were able to use your experience of dreaming in the other gender in creative expression.

Following the union with my inner feminine (you will find details at my web site), one of the major quests I needed to do was to write about the experience of my first love from her point of view. Although the setting was completely changed, it seems that I was successful in this and two of my female friends said that I had exactly captured what falling in love is like for them. It became a rather long short story set in Algeria which actually presented itself as the first chapter of a novel which still begs to be written. But this will have to wait a bit, for my first book must be about the experience of the Inner Beloved, and I am still gathering resources and processing ideas towards this.

Namaste - David