Numerology - "My Role" in this life?

Rogan

Hey Guys ~

Ive never posted in this area of the forums - So "hi" to everyone I dont know...

Must admit - I have no idea about numerology and astrology - Ive never looked into either, and think it all looks quite complicated and intricate...

Discussing "my journey" with a woman in my local spiritual/new age store she asked me my date of birth - 24/04/1981 - She whipped out a piece of paper, did some sums, looked back up to me with a big grin on her face and remarked "Yes... You're meant to be doing this work...."

We had been talking about my recent experiences with intuition and tarot etc - And I just wanna know, from doing a sum with my birthdate - IS it possible for her to just quickly work out if Im prone to psychic ability, or my "role in this life" and what "work" Im supposed to be doing?? - Does numerology actually work like that? Or was she working something out astrologically? Or... was she just being a con-artist?

Whaddya reckn?

Rogan...

Phoenix Rising

Hi Rogan
I take it she added your whole birthday, therefore it would of been 47/11 11 being the master number, which is insight, intuition, sensitivity, illumination. You can find alot of sites about numerology. It would suggest also that your path 11 is a life lesson, so for you to become that potential vibration. 24 is very significant, if not more so than your whole birthdate. So check out 24 in both pythagorean and chaldean methods.

Grigori

There's heaps of stuff about this Rogan :)

The way I know of doing it

24/04/1981

24 +
04 +
--------
--------
2 + 0 + 0 + 9 = 11 so your Personality Card is Justice/Strength.

Reduce again
1 + 1 = 2. Your Soul card is The High Priestess.

This year (24 + 04 + 2006= 2034 = 9) your Year Card is Hermit.

There is a also a Shadow Card possibility, but I forget how it is calculated :|

Sophie

I have a friend who looked at my birth name (which I still bear) and came up with a number she said was relevant. Then from my birthday she got 11. But I have seen two ways of calculating the birth number - one came to 20 /2 (shadow 11); and the other to 11. So I am not sure which is correct. One takes the elements of the birth date separately, the other uses the same method as Similia and the result is not always the same. :confused:

1)
1967 = 23= 5

3+3+5= 11 (that's the method my friend the numerologist used)

2)
3+3+1967=1973=20=2

See the problem?

Re Tarot card correspondence - it changes nothing to my II-Papess soul card, but it does change the personality card (11 or 20) and the shadow (20 or 11).

Phoenix Rising

Hi Helvetica
3+3+1+9+6+7=29/11/2. But your vibration is still 11/2. The chaldean numerology for 29 is interesting, I will have a look for it and post it later. From memory, I think it describes your life quite well. More so than the 20 I think.

I didn't realise you were so young!!! You appear so wise, mature and experienced, I really thought you were in your 40's. Don't be offended, like i don't know what you look like or anything, but honestly, that shocked me.

Runester

the number 11
This number carries hidden trials and the threat of treachery from others. It represents two (2) people or situations. There is a lack of compatibility or interest. Hidden is a third force which must be identified and then a compromise needs to be reached. The conflicting desires of the two people or situations must be united, yet each must remain individual. Imagine a lion, unable to roar because it has a muzzle on it.

the number 2

This number has feminine attributes and number two people are very gentle by nature, imaginative, romantic, and creative, but do not have the forcefulness to carry out their own inventive ideas. They should guard against lack of self-confidence and over sensitivity. This is not a physical vibration, but belongs on the mental plane. Twos should carry out their most important events on the 2nd, 11th, 20th, and 29th day of any month. Twos lucky jewels are pearls, moonstone, pale green stones, and should carry a piece of jade next to their skin at all times.

born on the 3rd
fire is the ruling element
number 3 is the fortune number and all undertakings should be done on a 3, 12, 21. or 30 th day of the month.
number 3`s generally are proud ,ambitious,independant. and don`t like restraints by anyone.number 3`s are not afraid to put the extra hours in if need be. and instead of dictated to are respected and consscientious.
2 is the destiny number and 11 is the karmic influence number.
learn to be loving,peaceful,considerate,understanding patient,gentle.
learn not to be.over sensetive, easily swayed, moody and impressionable.

can go on and on and on

but next up is personal years IE what years have an effect on the 2 person and major change cycles.
possible health problems for a 3 person usually indicate overwork and high tension problems.emotional upsets.skin and foot problems can pop up on occasion. eat more parsnips, clery, nuts of any kind.
career choices..in this case 3 is best adept at being something like an actor, animator, child case worker (this one stuck out),designer of any kind including fashion.gardener, etc etc etc.
number 3`s should only usually get together with a 3,6,9 number as those are most compatable.

so if you did`nt see why i went from 11 and 2...3 is the day of birth and can affect some aspects of the overall chart...this may be an incomplete chart and i am in no way a professional numerologist..but this was just a means to give you an idea -and answer the question. absolutley you could come up with anything just from the numbers.

last note..apologies to helvetica for using your numbers..hopefully i added more then took away so it wasn`t to much personal info splayed out their hehe. my name adds up to a 11, 2 so this info was readily available

i use the chaldean method but have several systems i can use to determine an entity`s deeper personality, characteristics, karma and destiny.

Sophie

Phoenix Rising said:
Hi Helvetica
3+3+1+9+6+7=29/11/2. But your vibration is still 11/2. The chaldean numerology for 29 is interesting, I will have a look for it and post it later. From memory, I think it describes your life quite well. More so than the 20 I think.

I didn't realise you were so young!!! You appear so wise, mature and experienced, I really thought you were in your 40's. Don't be offended, like i don't know what you look like or anything, but honestly, that shocked me.
Thanks Phoenix! That makes sense. Lots of sense! Including the connection 11 - Strength, which is a card that seems to haunt me, encourage and inhabit me; and 11-Justice because Justice is the ideal I try to live by. I'd love to know about the number 29.

Guess the "wisdom" thing is the name I bear (Sophie) - something to live up to. I have recently found out that my surname, meaning hazelnut, also has some relationship with wisdom (hazel is the tree of wisdom, I hear - I always thought it was fertility). I've no idea how names actually influence people but I have always felt mine meant a lot to me and had some influence in some way over my life - a kind of protective force I was given by my parents. I can understand why some people change their names when they don't feel their birth names "fit".

But 38 isn't quite a babe in arms - and I suppose the life I have led has given me some wisdom. I hope it has.

Runester - oh, I have no problem with you using my dates! I posted them after all ;)

One thing I am intrigued about is 11 - I had always heard it to be the visionary number (as someone wrote above) but the definition you give is rather more negative. Also, I had heard that 2 meant some issue over relationships and communication - duality (inner and outer) - which makes sense.

Runester

this is true according to pythagorean numerology,11 is considered a good master number in that regard , but going by chaldean which is rooted with tarot, 11 isn`t generally a good number and should be watched out for in most regards, 11 is a compound number in chaldean and isn`t the outward appearance of a person but a karmic influence more often then not . pythagorean classifies it as a good number and well since chaldean is closer tied to tarot thats the system i`ve come to adopt.

2 is indeed a dual number and has its marking with co-operation and the like.

edited because i really gotta learn to wake up before i type on this infernal thing.

oh and heres a great website for chaldean numerology..
http://www.numerologyforlife.us/index.html

Sophie

aha - actually, Pythgorean numerology is closer to the original Tarot (Italian and TdM) given the knowledge of Pythagoras abounding at the time, and his importance in platonic thought. I had come to believe that other Tarot system - which derive from those two - were rooted in the Pythagorean numerology which informed Hermeticism.

Which Tarot system are you thinking of that uses the Chaldean numerology?

Indigo Rose

Rogan said:
Hey Guys ~
- And I just wanna know, from doing a sum with my birthdate - IS it possible for her to just quickly work out if Im prone to psychic ability, or my "role in this life" and what "work" Im supposed to be doing?? - Does numerology actually work like that? Or was she working something out astrologically? Or... was she just being a con-artist?
Whaddya reckn?
Rogan...

Numerology and astrology are valuable studies to embark on as part of your spiritual journey. The birthdate is said to reveal your life path number. This is said to be a "road map" of your journey. It does reveal certain talents and what you will be drawn to. However, there are 5 core numbers in a numerology profile. The life path is only 1 of 5.

I recommend you study both Numerology and Astrology. However, as these are complex subjects and there are many books out there I would suggest starting with books that give you a broad overview and make it user friendly.

Here are 2 books that are excellent for beginners:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Numerology by Kay Lagerquist and Lisa Lenard

KISS guide to Astrology by Julia and Derek Parker

Learning about Astrology and Numerology can be a great help in the Tarot journey, and in understanding more of yourself and those around you.

One important thing to remember as you begin your studies: YOU have FREE WILL. You choose how to use the energies you have been given.

Blessings,
Indigo Rose :)