Secrets of Lithomancy (stone or crystal divination)

merissa_88

Chronata,

Amazing thread -thanks for sharing all this great information! I cant wait to put my stones together.

I've used stones for divination but most of the time it was not casting them, but pulling them out of a bag. I've use the system with chakra-colored stones or stones representing the five elements. Is this also lithomancy?

I'm going to include a stone or two that I found outside and are shaped like different animals. I hope this brings their qualities into the divination.

Chronata

Thanks Merissa! I'm glad you like the information!

I love the idea of a set to represent the chakras! It seems like it would work really well for health readings!

I have heard lithomancy used to cover any sort of stone/rock or crystal divination.

But as I understand it...

dropping stones...Lithomancy
drawing stones...Sortilege

Of course, sortilege also covers any small objects that have personal meaning when drawn.

and casting (or drop-stone reading) can be used with bones, and other items as well.

Zelmira

Chronata:
I just found this thread and it is wonderful! Thanks for posting all this precious information. I have been directed by Spirit to work with stones and tarot together. One night in my sleep I was given meaning for around 55 different stones. I have my bag with 55 stones, but I am still trying to develop a system. The chart idea is great!
I am going to make some sets following your ideas and others in this thread to see I get going with this beautiful project. Thanks you, again. Peace,

Zelmira

Chronata

Oh! Just saw this Zelmira! Thanks! and I'm glad you found the info helpful!

Wow...55 stones with meanings...that's a lot...but that sounds so awesome!
You could do several divination sets with those!. Even separate sets by color(chakra) or by intuitive concepts...with so many to choose from!

It would be so great to cast with a large group(maybe 20?) but I know it would be hard, unless they were really small.
I bet your bag works great for sotilege readings!

Eyes Wide Open

I attended a psychic fair today and purchased a stone that I don't remember the name of (need to look it up :p) but it has a natural cross on it. I thought it would be good to represent coming to a crossroad/decision :D

Horace

Ha Ha Ha, EWO
You are sooo hooked! :) Hh

Zelmira

EWO:
I think that stone is called Andalusite, and it has another alternative name. Peace,

Zelmira

Zelmira

Actually, Chronata, my set is supposed to be used as a Tarot, the meanings they gave me are tarot like. I am in the process of collecting my set to work according to your great teachings.
I have a question, what stones do you use for the different planets?
Thank you, once again. Peace,
Zelmira

Chronata

EWO...How cool to find a cross stone! I have a Boji that has a natural cross in it, and a ruby with a cross(like a star sapphire, but with only two planes)

I have seen andalucites too..very pretty!

Zelmira...wow...ok tarot meanings make a lot of sense! What a great idea!

I have two different planetary sets, but the one I use the most has the following...

Mercury...Banded Agate
Venus...Jade
Mars...Bloodstone
Jupiter...Amethyst
Saturn...Garnet
Uranus...chrysoberyl(?)
Neptune...Turquoise
Pluto...Onyx
Sun...Amber
Moon...Moonstone

The only one I am not sure of is the Uranus stone...which I have guessed at.
The rest were chosen by traditional planetary associations.

Zelmira

Thank you, Chronata. That helps a lot. I have been trying to get a crysoberyl because that stone was among I was given by Spirit, but I have not been able to get one. When it is time, one will come to me. Peace,

Zelmira