DIY pendulum

calligirl

Well, duh on me! The pencil is wood therefore try a wooden one next time! Ths is why I come to these boards. Nobody laughs at me, they just gently set me straight...muchos gracias (which I probably spelled wrong but you can let me know that too! :))

Emily

Hi Calligirl,

I used to use a needle too but wanted to use something that was prettier, took me a while to figure out that if crystal pendulums wouldn't work for me why not try a metal one. :)

My SO said my brass pendulum looks just like a plumb bob lol - I don't care just as long as it works for me. :D

bluebetween

I made one out of a glass bead and I made another one out of a metal thing and a glass bead. They work great! I think you could use anything you liked to make one. You can see them if you like on my web journal. http://bluebetween.livejournal.com/15369.html

Here is a trick I've learned to using it... drop your question and intention into your gut, get it out of your head and put it down in your gut - if I'm stuck, I remind myself to do that and it starts working right away.

Here is a great link too.

http://www.lovesedona.com/08.htm

Have fun :)

wizzle

old jewelry

Old jewelry is nice for making pendants and a great way to use those single earrings we've all got. Most pierced earrings are pretty light, so the weight is right too.

I had a scrap bit of silver chain (the jump rings were lost) and I attached an earring that has a very tiny quartz crystal. Works fine.

calligirl

In thinking about it, another reason why I don't have luck with a pendulum is that I don't care for jewelry. I don't like handling it or wearing jewelry for some reason I've never understood. Maybe I should ask the Tarot...

SunChariot

TarotGirlJess said:
If i make a pendulum out of thread and a bead it would still work correct? since what makes it work is me it shouldnt matter right? what have you all made pendulums from? i would eventually like a pretty quartz one but alas today is not the day. so lets here some ideas.
TarotGirl Jess

Yes it should perfectly work if it were balanced, and the weight and string length were aligned.

I have never made one but I have bought some beauties. I have 3 now.
Here is my favourite site for them:

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=201

I have these 2:
http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=283

and

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=259

Which is a dreamkeeper pendy, which I think is a seriously cool concept.

"Intend for the Dream Keeper to catch your nightly dreams, with the idea that your next penduling session will spell out, or confirm their meaning for you. Leave the round locket open on your nightstand before drifitng off to sleep, and close in the morning. :) Open your mind, and your heart to the possibilitites. "

Bar

Juddcatsgirl

I've used a pendulum a couple of times to help me make decisions. I find that when asking a yes answer, swings in a circle and when asking a no question it swings back and forth - I usually write yes or no on a piece of paper and then let my pendulum find it's own way to the answer and then let it do it's stuff. I don't use anything fancy, just a silver/Cubic Zirconia cross pendent and silver chain that I've had for some years, which I wear all the time. I believe that because it's something that I never hardly take off it captures my vibes and my emotions, especially during the really hard times and helps me see the way forward.

I've tried this with other chains and pendents but they've never felt right, and it seems that my cross doesn't like being worn by any other person. A friend of mine wore it to a party and when she gave it back to me she told me that it felt really weird and heavy, yet it felt fine to me.

Little Baron

I have found this thread really interesting. There are some beautiful attatchments.

I have not used my 'home-made' pendulum much but here it is, all the same.

Would wearing it be a good way of connecting and bonding?
LB

Attachments

• pendulum.jpg
    pendulum.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 80

Juddcatsgirl

LittleBuddha said:
I have found this thread really interesting. There are some beautiful attatchments.

I have not used my 'home-made' pendulum much but here it is, all the same.

Would wearing it be a good way of connecting and bonding?
LB

That's really pretty. :) I like to think that my pendent is connected to me and that's why I get the answers I not necessarily want but the ones I needs. I find that it's like using the Tarot. The more you handle your cards, the more in tune with your intuition you become.

Ankou

bugger!!!!

I've just started a homemade rune stave set, and now I'm gonna have to make a pendulum!!! :D They sound terribly useful, I had no idea so many people used them! Thanks for all the pics too. I'm really happy to see all the variations going on.

(Emily- I've been seriously lusting over my SOs antique plumb bob, so your post made me giggle :) )

Love and Light,

Ankou