Scary, strange snake dream

Emeraldgirl

Hi all,

I had a really bad dream last night and I am looking for some meaning for it. I am completely petrifired of snakes so it made this dream into a nightmare.

I was driving along through the country and I got really lost so I pulled into this wildlife sanctury/farm. I got out of my car and walked up to this building where I went to open a sliding glass door to go in and ask for directions. to my left in a paddock was a man wrestling a huge crocodile and when I looked back down there was a white snake on the other side of the glass so I stepped away and went to turn back towards my car but between me and my car was a huge corrogated iron round rainwater tank looking thing without a top that was burried in the ground with only about half a meter of it being visable and snakes were coming out of it everywhere and they cut off my way back to my car. I started freaking out as they were coming towards me and this man came up to me. I was yelling at him that the snakes were ment to be in cages behind glass and what were they doing out where they could bite people so he grabbed them all and put them away and gave me directions and walked me to my car. I got in my car and was breathing a sigh if reflief when a huge cobra jumped up from somewhere inside my car and started biting me.

And then I was woken up by a grumpy partner complaining that I was yelling and I woke him up and that it was 4 am so could he please get some sleep so I am not sure happened next.

Free Flight

Hi Emerald Girl

I am not a big fan of snake dreams either...Would have me yelling as well :)

But i would interpret it as such:

The snakes as you are scared of them represent something in your life that really is a big fear..in this case I would think there is a situation you would like to escape from...Work? Something else? Equally I would say that moving out of this situation (as it is a known quantity and therefore feels safe) scares you on some level. It is something that almost overwhelms you.

You are hoping someone out there will do the work for you, try and help you out. But in reality as per the cobra in your dream in the end it has to be you to make the decision and instigate the change

Just my two cents worth :):)

FF

Emeraldgirl

Thanks FF. I am considering leaving a few things behind at the moment and moving interstate although that's not something that I fear but my partner does. I am excited about the possibility of moving (North towards warmth) he's not so impressed as it will mean pay cuts for us both but a better lifestyle so no contest for me.

Simone

Emeraldgirl,

As you have been literally surrounded by those snakes, the idea arose in me that maybe you feel also trapped in a situation where you see no way out? Or at least no viable solution to the issue?

And - I think the snake in the car is important too - the car you considered as a safe place and then... oops - backstabbed by someone familiar and trusted? Or at least you did not get the support you expected?

This also came to my mind with the man - you had to YELL at him before he came and did something - you might feel let down and left to cope with things on your own.

just a few ideas!

Shadesofire

Hi Emeraldgirl

I hope you don't mind my two cents, I don't get allot of opportunities for dream interpretation with others and I really enjoy this whole area.

Snakes in particular represent a powerful energy, mostly masculine and phallic but they're also shedding of the skin. Really, it's a fine representation of all your gusto and preperation to move. To be envenomed is a way of representing that you are being empowered - on a negative side it would be poisoned like such as with worry and set backs.

That could be a way of saying you're good to go but holding yourself back, feeling all disoriented and lost, you kind of 'kill' some great energy to get on the move, shed the old skin for the new stuff. Maybe its all a bit overwhelming, looks huge like Godzilla! hehehe

The glass is particularly interesting, feeling maybe like being out of control, out of the boundaries. You step out of the lines into another world and all that sense of normalcy just goes to pot and kinda left wondering what happened to the side walk? Perhaps there the future projection of what the move is going to be like, the new freedom, leaves you "out of the tank" and in the universe of all the whatevers. Natural fear for the unknown.

You have the ability to put all them snakes back in their place, you have a good guidance there - but ya still got bit! Perhaps you are being envenomated with the empowerment to go forward - into the summer and the south of the medicine wheel if you're familiar with that.

The phobia is something to take in but I don't think it would lessen any of snakes deeper meanings.

It overwhelms you, all this great energy is practically leaking out of your pockets. I dare say you cup spilleth over, or you are at this peak of energy and there's the release of it. I'd almost think you've started your moon time but that's a wild guess.

isthmus nekoi

If the snakes are a recurrent symbol in your dreaming life then I would definetely mark some time off to explore what is stirring about in your unconscious. The glass would represent to me, a barrier b/w the conscious and unconscious mind and the snakes would represent energy trying to integrate itself. The car, which you drive could also be a symbol of how your conscious functioning (I'm thinking this b/c the act of driving represents an act where you are in control, where you direct what's going on - perhaps it means something different to you) has been compromised by the snake energy. The man represents someone (or a different energy) who can mediate b/w you and the snake energy. I would ask for his guidance and aid in dealing w/the snakes should you choose to do so.

I once had snake nightmares too, it is an incredible energy to work with.

zorya

your dream starts with a man wrestling a dangerous animal. this makes me think about 'man wrestling with his animal nature'. is there something that feels instinctual, that you or a man in your life, is trying to keep down? white animals usually represent spirituality.

because they shed skin, snakes often represent renewal. they also represent grounding. with the white snake, it's possible this speaks to spiritual renewal.

i don't know your background, but some may see snakes as representing temptation, based on the adam and eve story.

your snakes were 'supposed' to be confined, but were coming out of their barriers.

depending on how you see snakes, this might be translated as temptations you try to keep at bay, feeling like they are breaking loose.

or it could mean you are going through (spiritual?) changes that confuse and/or upset you, and you would rather they stay neatly in their place.

you want to move forward (car), but the changes or temptations (snakes) are between you and moving on.

but because you fear snakes so strongly, maybe this dream is simply about the dangers, represented by the snakes, of moving.

you felt your fears have been kept at bay (wrestled down and confined). you felt the way has been cleared to move on. but when you get in your car, thinking you're safe, a large snake bites you.

this could just be the fear you do have about moving, that you have been suppressing and not acknowledging.

Emeraldgirl

Thanks everyone for your help. You guys have given me so much to think about.

This move has been in the works for a while and keeps getting delayed by a variety of things so now won't be happening til September/October this year which doesn't really annoy me that much but it would have been nice to escape another melbourne winter for QLD sun.

I have had a lot of energy lately looking for release and have been on a huge cycle of getting all the little things done. Which is great cause i have finished off so many little projects and cooked and worked out and painted and you get the picture..........

And I have been feeling let down by people lately so I have lots of little thoughts to ponder now. Thanks everyone :D

Nevada

Emeraldgirl,

You've gotten such great answers so far there's little for me to add.

But one thing that stood out in my mind was you backed away from that one white snake and ran into a great deal of trouble as a result--the worst of it after accepting someone else's guidance and support.

I think you need to look at this as a call to follow your original plan, what you know is right for you, even if something comes up that looks scary. The alternative you would take to avoid it might turn out even worse. Trust yourself. You're going about this methodically, making positive changes in your life. You're on the right track and it's important not to let a little upset knock you off it or turn you back. Let others wrestle their crocodiles. You have your path to walk.

Nevada

CelticAngel

snakes- they are through to a bad spirit trying to bind itself to u. a black snake especially...think about it...what doors have u opened, conciously and subconciously...did u forget to shut them? be careful please.