dreaming

slinky_jo

Yeah, I always dream in colour too!

Also, I find that all my other senses are heightened as well - I can smell, taste, hear and feel/touch things more vividly in my dreams that I can in reality!! Freaky...!!!

I also find that my feelings/emotions/fears are quite powerful in my dreams - most nights my dreams are scary and frightning - nightmares, I guess. But I would rather experience that than to never dream again...

joya250

hey Chunkypuffs -- I dream in color too..... I do remember hearing that same thing about most people dreaming in black in white. interesting... I wonder how they determined that.... cause it seems like most people around here dream in color.... why wouldn't we dream in color?... we live in color... hmmmmmm

:) sweet dreams!

jonesy

joy,
i'm surpeised you could ask such a question after reading those tangent thingys ;-O ;-} got yur message. thanks
love jonesy

Pollux

I dream in colors most of the times, but sometimes also in Greyscale.
And it also happened in other colors, for example I had this recurrent dream of buying a certain brand of sweets for my granny, and it was in sort of purple-and-orange-scale.

And slinky_jo, I'm with you too. Often I'm crying when I wake up, andI sweat so much at other times!

destinyawaitsme

I thought everyone dreamed in color too...hmm

At least I do.

aciddragon

Color. I've hear all kind of different thing about why some people dreams in color verses black and white. The big one was IQ which I don't believe. Another thing the varies is the view in which people see there dreams. I see my dream as in first person view. (as if I was look thur my own eyes) I never see my own body. But went I do dream, there are times that I have to sit and think for 20 mins or longer, if that was actually happened or not. Cause they seem so real. One of my neatist sp? dreams was... I was in a stone chamber with a throne. The walls were solid rock but molted hot. I walked over and touch the wall with my hand then watch my hand melt away like wax. I didn't feel any pain in the dream nor did it scare me seeing my hand melt. I just remember being amazed by it and by how hot the walls must be to do that to my hand. Crazy huh? 8)

jade

hmm, perhaps people that are 'open' dream in colour since we all do.....perhaps try asking some of your friends and family that don't read tarot and crystals etc. you know, "mainstream" people and see what they say.

hmmm
jade

Aerin

Colour.

I really don't know where they got that stat. from, does it say? What was their sample, and what specifically did they ask? I've asked lots of people over the years, and most people seem to do it in colour most of the time - apart from the occassional stand-out monochromatic/ dichromatic experience.

Here's a paper which reckons researchers have come up with figures from 14% up to 71% http://www.emory.edu/COLLEGE/HYBRIDVIGOR/colorpsych.htm

And here's another site which says most dreams are in colour

http://www.asdreams.org/commque.html

Aerin