Tarot Profile Cards

AutumnMoonfire

I have been over this a couple times and I am still confused.

When I add up my numbers, 12, 3, 1966 I come up with 1981 then with 19, The Sun. then I can get 10, Fortune then 1, the Magician.

So 19 is my personality number, and 1 is my soul number, but what is 10? And how should I work with these cards? I looked up the meanings but I am still scratching my head.

Nighttime, shadow and teacher cards just have my really confused as well. Am I to strive for goals?

I am so lost on this it's downright pathetic...But I can't seem to go on to the next exercise till I work this one out. Thank you for any help you can provide me :LOL:

Melvis

Hi, A.M.!

Are you working with the Tarot for Yourself book? The second book in the series, Tarot Constellations, goes into more detail about the Personality/Soul/Hidden Factor Cards. The 19/10/1 series is a special case, actually. Mary Greer says:

"In some ways all three cards defy categories, but...you can consider The Sun as your Personality Card, The Magician as your Soul Card, and The Wheel of Fortune as your Teacher Card (which is an aspect of the Hidden Factor Card along with the Shadow Card). People with this sequence must learn to communicate their individual creative expression. Their personal identity and sense of self will be inextricably combined with their life and soul purpose."

As the Teacher Card, The Wheel of Fortune does not show the Shadow qualities that other Hidden Factor cards do. MG says that, "you consciously feel that life brings you the experiences you need to achieve your purpose."

I hope this helps!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE
(My own Personality & Soul Card is the Emperor; Hidden Factor cards are Death & the Fool; and I'm a Leo, so that's why I use the Strength icon all the time!)

AutumnMoonfire

That makes a little more sense to me. Does Tarot Constellations spend more time on what each of these cards represent? I can almost understand the artistic thing, I always see art or cartoons in my head but cannot put them on paper.

I guess I am having trouble too with fitting all the cards and their meanings together. I don't know if I just am not seeing the forest for the trees. Would it help if I laid all these cards out like they came in a tarot reading?

Sorry I am so very thick about this, Thank you for your help on my path.

wavebreaker

AutumnMoonfire: I too got confused by all these different cards. I calculated them all and wrote them down and then you end up with nearly 20 cards that are supposed to have a special meaning for you one way or the other... For me, it was too much, so for now I'm just sticking to my personality and soul card (which is the same card in my case) and my year card and I've continued with the next exercise...

AutumnMoonfire

I have been skipping around a bit, but finding the time to "enter a card" has proven tough. I posted a bit in that thread too...

I am trying to work in a logical form so I can atain my goal of looking up lots less while trying to do a reading...This may take a while...

It does help to know others have been aggrevated by this part of the book. Integrating information can be a challenge...

Kaz

autumn and tarotlady,
when we did these exercises we went through the book starting from beginning, but we did not do all exercises, some you don't like or don't seem useful, just don't do them.
we did do the profile cards though, but these posts were lost in forumtransition.
we calculated our cards and posted them, and based on that we formed an idea of what kind of person (qualities, traits, etc) the other was, we posted these ideas as well, this was great to do.

autumn is born on 12th of march 1966, i assume american date notation from your post. (if it's 3rd of december you get different cards).
adding gives as melvis already calculated:
personality: sun
soul: magician
(teacher: wheel)
yearcard: wheel
zodiaccard: moon (your sunsign is pisces)
the numerological lessons and opportunities i don't do it like in the book, if you do, in your case you get all the aces.
instead i calculate a major for this, 12+3=15 : devil
zodiac lessons and opportunities: 8, 9, 10 of cups
destinycard: 10 of cups
your persona cards i don't know coz i need your moonsign and your rising sign as well for that.

hope this helps,

kaz

wavebreaker

Kaz said:
when we did these exercises we went through the book starting from beginning, but we did not do all exercises, some you don't like or don't seem useful, just don't do them.

This is actually how I am going through the book: I keep in mind that most probably not all exercises will be useful for me, or maybe just not at this time. I try to do them all though, because sometimes an exercise may not seem useful, but might turn out very useful after you've completed it. Or I may remember it in the future at a point when it might turn out to be useful for me.

AutumnMoonfire

Actually I was born December 3, 1966. How would I get diffrent numbers though?

Sorry for any confusion. short form US dates go MM/DD/YYYY

The numbers still add up to 1981 then 19 then 10 then 1 or am I totally off the beam?

AutumnMoonfire

So then I guess, looking at your post a second time...My personality card is still the Sun but my soul card is Fortune and my teacher card is Magician(magic)...

My Zodiac card is Temperance/Balance(Goddess Tarot) As I work in I get confused. My rising sign is Aquarius my moon is in Leo. This would give me King of Wands as Inner teacher and my mode of expression is the King of Swords. Or did I louse it up somewhere? (well I did, but I fixed it now)

My Lesson and Opportunity cards are 8,9,10 of wands.

I thank you for your help, I might be very glad to have this done in the future if I get called back to this section of the book down the road...

Kaz

sorry for messing up those dates :)

how would you interpret the cards for yourself?

kaz