"Who's Who" for Aeclectic personae

tarotbear

Since this was suggested by another thread - if you are presently a published tarot author or published Tarot deck creator - list your accomplishments here!

If you have a book or deck in progress - list your unfinished piece here!

Except for some who use their real names, most of us chose to have a screen name and consequently, people don't know who we are!

Show us the company that you keep!

tarotbear

I'll start! (modesty was never a strong point of mine!) :smoker:

My real name is John Mangiapane. I published my first Tarot book in May 2004 through Sterling Press, which is a division of Barnes & Noble. The title of my book is 'It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy', ISBN 1-4027-0986-2. It is available online if your bookstore does not have it.

I also have a second manuscript for mens-centered tarot readings in acquisitions at a few publishers and in queries at many more. Wish me luck!

baba-prague

Good idea, but I think people here mostly know who I am (I've been coming to AT forever I think). But anyway, I'll start off and we can get on to the revelations/surprises/hidden identities later! I wonder if anyone has to go into a phone box and come out transformed? Fun!

This is us (I and my partner Alex founded our design and publishing company about two years ago now):

http://www.magic-realism.com

We aren't saying much about the new decks as yet (not quite ready to - although I will say that someone who is an AT member is busily working on the companion book for one of them - possibly even as we speak?) But on the other hand as our distributors and Amazon list everything many months ahead of time the work in progress isn't exactly a big secret.

Decks already out are of course on my signature :)

Kiama

My real name is Kim Huggens. I write lots of reviews for www.tarotpassages.com and have written reviews for Aeclectic in the past.

I have a deck in progress called the God Tarot (although the actual name is being kept secret for now) and the title is fairly self-explanatory. This Summer I'll be working on in solidly to get it finished. It's a joint venture between myself and my best friend.

And I have a book in progress - again, something I want to keep under wraps til it's closer to completion. Let's just say it involes Tarot spreads!

I organized and contributed to the Cardiff Uni pagan Society collaborative deck, which you can see here:

http://cardiffpagan.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

So, watch this space...

Kiama

ArcanoMáximo

"(modesty was never a strong point of mine!)"
how to be with all that done?
Congratulations!

Lee

Lee Bursten here...

I was the creator and author of the Gay Tarot (art by Antonella Platano).

I've written the book which will be included on the accompanying CD for Ciro Marchetti's Tarot of Dreams.

I have a new deck under consideration by Lo Scarabeo.

I've written many reviews for Tarot Passages, and I contributed two articles to the forthcoming Llewellyn Tarot Reader 2006.

-- Lee

cormac

yes indeed -- very impressive -- congrats

ArcanoMáximo

"chappeau"

I cannot read and stop to add something more, it is not only obvious that you SHOULD be proud of your works, as much as we grateful, but rather besides you have the HUMILITY of the biggest when placing your posts here and to discuss with the rest. Really ADMIRABLE! ... As frenchs say: "Chappeau"for all of you!
I wish to be like you when i “grow up”!

Teheuti

I'm Mary Greer. I've just begun posting here recently. It's a great way to procrastinate while finishing my latest book (mailed off today!).

I'm the author of six previous books on the tarot beginning with _Tarot for Your Self_, lots of articles, and a couple of other books.

The forthcoming book (available next summer) will be called _21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card_ - unless the publisher changes it.

I'm off to teach at the Omega Institute in New York and then am leaving for the International Tarot Conference in Melbourne so I won't be posting here much until I get back in mid-July.

Mary

rainwolf

Oh its so interesting to hear from authors I've only read about!

Can't wait to hear the rest!