I Ching Study Group

Moonbow

Any chance of starting a thread for basic questions for newbies to YiJing :)) yours truely :)).

I'm sure I will be coming up with questions while reading what you experts have written, and I don't want to interrupt the flow of the threads on the Hexagrams (or do you want me to post any questions there?)

Alta

That's a fine idea. Why not just open one? shandar could add it to her index. great idea!

Moonbow

Thanks Marion,

I've posted a new thread, I'll let Shander know. :)

zorya

roppo said:
Mind if I join in?

I Ching or Ijing, I don't care; I always pronounce it "eki-kyo" which is the sound for 易経 in Japanese. (by the way can you recognize two ideographs for I Ching between for and in? My Window XP Japansese edition shows them correctly, but I'm not sure if other OSs could do it)

I use six coins for reading I Ching. I'm good at classical Chinese so I don't use translations. I say without hesitation that some knowledges and skills about Chinese letters or "kanji" gives you much illumination on I Ching.
welcome roppo!

glad to have you with us. :D yes, i can see the ideographs on my computer.

shandar

Hi Roppo and Brad

So happy to have you here. I hope that as we go forward you will feel free to provide us with your insight into the Oracle. If you have time, please comment on our first hexagramme, taken from LiSe Heyboer's site.

shandar

Moving On

Anyone interested in doing Hex 2 Kun?

Fulgour

27 & 28

What about the mysterious 27 & 28 hexagrams?
They reverse as themselves, but are not from the
8 "family" trigrams, where Qian, Kun, Kan, and Li
are the same reversed. I've often wondered why
these weren't placed in the "center" of the 64...

shandar

Good Idea

Sounds great. Let's mix it up a bit.