Study group -- Celtic Wisdom Tarot

Leo62

(((Fireraven))) - I do hope you feel better soon. And yes - don't overdo it when you're feeling "high"! :)

Moonbow - thanks for starting the index :)

How do we want to do this? Work through the major arcana and then minor in order, or just post on a card when the inspiration comes. Personally I'd prefer a combination of both. We could start with the majors, or one of the suits, then if one of us has a card that's particularly bugging us, or that keeps coming up in readings, or whatever, we can post on it. From my (limited) experience with the Legend study group, I've found that it does help to post on a card that's "around" for you at a particular moment...

What do y'all think? Anyone fancy going first? ;)

FireRaven

Great idea

Leo,

Thanks for the hug, and the great idea. I like the idea of working through the Majors and Minors in order, but also bringing up cards that bug us or keep coming up in readings. I've been using this deck and my Revelations deck as a more "traditional" deck for comparison exclusively for reading, and I'm getting more comfortable with the deck on an intuitive level even though I HAVE to go search out the myths when they're presented.

I think linking the cards that come up regularly or just needle us with the Majors we're studying provides a great foundation for "linking" the cards together with their positions in a reading.

I also want to really look at the introductory material underpinning the cards, because that's what made my head swirl when I got this deck...and it still does.

-FireRaven

Leo62

FireRaven said:
I also want to really look at the introductory material underpinning the cards, because that's what made my head swirl when I got this deck...and it still does.
Heheh - I've been using this deck for oh, must be nearly 5 years, and that stuff still makes my head swirl! ;)

Moonbow

Just a thought to get things going. :)

You can also start more than one card at a time. Maybe one each?

Or some people do a daily card and then use that to start their thread. (obvioulsy check that it's not already been started).

You don't have to wait for each other, just get stuck in :D

Sulis

I've just added FireRaven's thread 'The Soul / Birch and Yew Trees/ Augury of Art' to the index.

Love

Sulis xx

Mi-Shell

Are you stil alive??

Hi Everyone!
Is this study group still going??
I fell for the deck today, got so inspiered I even wrote a poem!
If yes, I would love to learn with you!
MI-Shell
( new on AT)

Moonbow

Hello Mi-Shell,

Welcome to Aeclectic.

Although this study group may have been inactive for a while feel free to start posting in it.

You will find existing threads about the deck here, which you can add to. Or you can start a new thread for other cards not already covered.

Sometimes by re-opening a study group, other people are encouraged to join in.

Moonbow*

Bat Chicken

I just broke down and got this deck.... I'll be joining you here as soon as the Druidcraft has run it's course....!;)
Celtic obsession!

Jannelientje

I have just biught the CWT and I would enjoy some of my comments on this deck. Shal we revive this study group?

Mi-Shell

Hi Jannelientje!
I would be "in" and I am pretty sure Bat chicken would be too!
But let's not do the one card a week thing but post anything going on our minds about any card or subject concerning the deck, otherwise this dies yet again.