Professional Readers - Reading at parties and events

biddy9

I am currently an online reader with a well-established business. However, I am now considering venturing into the party / events market and would love some advice from other readers who may have done something similar.

Generally, what do I need to take into consideration setting up this type of business? Where are some good places to advertise and how can I get my name / serive out there? (I'm in Melbourne, Australia)

As I work full-time, I would only be seeking to read at weekend/evening events (i.e. hen's parties, corporate events, birthday parties, etc.). What other events might be suited to this timeframe?

Any ideas to help me set up would be much, much appreciated!

tarotbear

If you are an online reader with a well-established business you should not have any problems getting into the 'Tarot Party' route; it's the exact same steps that you have already taken --> putting the word out, doing some advertizing, and whatever you have already done to make your online business successful.

Do you have a website? Hand out lots of business cards? Advertize in 'free' newspapers? Have a group of people you already read for who would like to have you do a 'tarot party' in their home? All you have to do is add 'I do home tarot parties for groups of four or larger' with a phone number or email address to the bottom of your page, card, or ad.

minotaur

sources of parties

Entertainment agents are a source of bookings...just remember with agents their only issue is price. To them psychic A = psychic B.

You also got to be a bit careful with agents...there are a lot of them who are too dishonest for politics. If you never allow them to owe you it is the best thing. If they have "problems" getting you money from one party be cautious...when they owe you for two its a bad sign.

Also, find out how much they are charging the party...agents will often double your fee (or more) and just not tell you.

MAKE SURE YOU USE CONTRACTS WITH AGENTS.

Emeraldgirl

Hi,

Not sure what part of Melbourne you are in but local new age stores are a great place to advertise. Most are happy for you to leave business cards in the store and may even help you get business by forwarding clients on to you. Also word of mouth is great. Tap into friends and family. I have just started doing party readings in the last few months and most of my clients are friends of friends. This is a great time of year cause there are a lot of christmas parties. Advertise on the board at your local Safeway or on the Uni and TAFE boards. If you don't charge too much uni students will usually pool their money together and get you out for a party. Also clubs and pubs that have ladies nights may be interested although ladies nights are usually weeknights.

Emeraldgirl

Oh and most of all good luck and have fun :D :D :D :D