Can souls connect while dreaming?

Dutchess

Hello everyone. I have a question that has been on my mind since the occurrance about a year ago.

I dreamt of someone from my past.. a man that I cared for very deeply. I had not seen or spoken to him in nearly 8 full years. In this dream however, when I saw him, he looked SOOOO different from how I remembered him. He was incredibly thin with a shaved head. His glasses were different but were memorable enough that they stuck out in my minds eye. He was so far from the image of him that I had from our last meeting. I hugged him and he hugged me back so tight. I could feel him as if he was truly with me. The feel of his shirt and how lovely he felt to hold. He whispered "I miss you.." And that was all.

Well, we finally started communicating again about a month ago after all this time. He sends me a photo of himself. Lo and behold he looks EXACTLY like my dream... right down to the glasses. I was stunned.

So, do you think its possible for souls to connect while we are asleep even, if in the physical world, we do not communicate?

Tell me your stories...

light2000

Hi Dutchess !!

I belive that our souls can connect while we are sleeping.

I know a beatifull storie of a friend of mine. it´s big but i will try to do it small.

i have a friend tahd had a boyfreind, they broke up and he went to Holland to live there. he borned here at Portugal but his parents are forn there.

There he had a new girlfriend for 7 years.
My friend was depreesive, and she didnt know nothing about him. She dindnt knew that he went to Holland.

And she went to one beach to relax and think on life, is a beatifull beach and unique.

He dreamed for 7 years whith this beach. And never understood that.

At the end of this 7 years, he came back to Porutgal, He said that he didnt like the cold of there.

When he arrived, he found again my friend at that beach.
At the same day, he told her that he dreamed a lot whith taht beach.

She didnt say nothing.

Than they started together again, they went to lived together.
Than she said that everyday she went to that beach to think and relax.

So we think that she connected whith him.

The sad part, they arent together anymore, they stayed together for 3 years but now they broke up.

Al Si'ra

I just wish that it's something possible!!..I want to believe that it can happen...
Why? Because i had so many dreams just like yours...A wonderful feeling that cannot be expressed with words..
Hmm...one of my stories..let me think...There is this friend of mine who is very dear to my heart..He was going through a hard break-up period...he was planning to marry his girlfriend yet she just left him..god..so tough..yet he did not tell anything to me or to any of his friends..he was just saying that he was ok..that he was the one to leave his gf...Then...suddenly i began to see him in my dreams..In those dreams he'd tell me all his hidden sorrows and fears and i'd try to heal him...and this kept going on like 2 months or so,then suddenly one day- he just shouted at me saying " leave me alone- i just feel i'm smothering- i can't get you off my dreams- i don't want to feel your presence every nite"..I was shocked to hear such a thing and asked him what he was talking about..and he said he was sorry but he had this feeling as we were together everynite-sharing feelings..and he told me that he couldn't stand it anymore..i asked him if he's ever had such a dream and he said "not much but it's just a feeling u know?"..and then i told him of my dreams and he confirmed every piece of info. that i've got from him in my dreams..turns out all he told me was the reality itself!! So i guess we were connecting every-nite..and he just felt it although he couldn't explain it..
Another story...
Happened this year ...concerning my boyfriend...At the time;we were just friends; then i learned that he was seeing a person..so we got torn apart because i couldn't stand the truth..for 3 months we did not say a word to eachother..then one night i saw him in my dream...he told me that he was getting rid of the "rubbish" but he asked me to give him time so that he can re-collect the pieces of his life..he told me that he needed to be alone before getting into a serious relationship and told me that i was too "fast" for him..and asked me to calm down and leave him alone....and he also told me that he had problems in the heart chakra (i guess he meant his blocked emotions)
Then after this event we got into contact and i've learned that he quit seeing this other person that he was all available LOL(getting rid of the rubbish!!)..we decided to get together and he ran away from the responsibility just a few days later..(needing time alone)...So the prophecy is fulfilled LOL...
I have loads of experiences just like those...and i find it too good to be true although my dreams have turned out to be somehow accurate...I mean i can't think what would happen if we could use this gift whenever we wish...Things are much softer in astral plane then in physical plane; i mean there are no misunderstandings or so...

Dutchess

beautiful stories

Thank you both for sharing. They are truly touching and incredible. I would love to believe that I was 'connected' to this man I loved and our feelings reached into the astral plane.

Any other similar experiences? :)

autumn star

I think that it is possible,

I have had dreams where I have thought that I have connected with people in dreams - but I have never found out for certain mostly because I haven't seen the people again :)

I like to believe that it is possible :)

psychic sue

I often dream about my grandmother and my deceased ex-fiance. I am sure that we do connect with them this way.

I have connected with living people during meditation, and even correctly described people I have never met.

Take comfort from the experience.

Sue x

Vadella

Yes.

My friend and I actually shared a dream together. Although, we had different points of view. She said we were on a train and she was talking to a man. When she would turn to me to ask me what I thought of certain subjects I wouldn't answer her. She said I just sat there like a vegetable. I told her that I was trying to answer her back but she couldn't hear me. lol It was pretty funny.

But, yes we do connect to many different souls in our sleep.

blackroseivy

My answer is an unqualified *yes*! Not long ago, I had one more of many dreams of John Lennon. As in many of my dreams, I had to go back in time to warn/save him; a VERY young JL accompanied me through some deserted building where there was a fence of somekind barring it from the outside; we emerged on the other side, & we were in DC, right where I had lived for 4 years - we were home, it was like 2005 (or so), & my spirits soared when I said we'd made it, we were HOME!! - but then in the blue sky with fluffy clouds, there was something so frightening it woke me up: A MUSHROOM CLOUD. I was saying "No, no, your'e *imagining* it" (pun not intended at the time, but oh how wonderful now!). As this jolted me awake, I could still hear his voice, & he was telling me how this was "every bit of" what he thought would be happeining by now... That was straight out of another mind, it was alien to my pattern of thought - he was there, I'll always believe that part of him has come to me in dreams & other ways to give me wisdom. I am a very strong believer in reincarnation, though, BTW, & there is a certain VERY young man (he was born in July, 1989 in Britain), an EXTREMELY *well-known* young man, who so fits as a development on Jphn's personality that I wasn't at all surprised to hear my ex-boyfriend saying he was "reminding him more & more of John Lennon". Some of you might be curious as to whom it might be: If you really wanna know, I'll consider bringing it up. Otherwise, I'll just hint with his birthday & that he is involved in something far from ordinary! (I'd love to see if anyone else picks up on the same thing...!)

Anyway, that's my dream & other musings about JL: having duly fascinated me from the time I was barely more than a child when it happened (14) & picked up visions of the other Beatles that morning that turned out to be quite accurate... right through my adulthood, much as I have wanted to let him go, he still haunts my dreams.

Does anyone else have any remotely similar experiences?

Dutchess

Thank you everyone for you stories. They are all unique and fascinating and help me truly feel that my experience was much more than I could ever imagine.

I had a dream of my deceased friend a month after she passed. She came to me and was SMILING from ear to ear. She looked amazing... soft and glowing and beautiful. She had LONG dark hair.. hair like I had never seen on her... straight and shiney. She told me that she was so appreciative of my friendship and that she is happy now. (She died of colon/liver cancer). It was very moving. Well, i spoke with her daughters and her daughter told me that she had dreamt of her mother and she looked so beautiful, but her hair was unusual.. dark, long and straight! I was dumbfounded!

I wish we could do this more and be more aware of it.. but I suppose our soul knows where it wants to lead us..

danubhe: Your stories of John Lennon are incredible. Were you a fan of his or did he simply just begin coming to you? I am trying to figure out the young man you are referring to, but I havent figured it out yet. Is he involved in music, acting or arts? Please drop a few more hints.. Id love to compare the two.

Brightest blessings,
Dutchess

Free Flight

I absolutely believe in this yes. I believe the living can connect through dreams. But equally I believe those that have passed come to visit us in our dreams as it is the best time for us to be receptive enough to see and accept this..

the question here Dutchess is this: How many dreams do you have that you remember with such clarity? Such vivid calm? Such peace

I am not sure if you would agree with this but I would imagine you do not remember that many other dreams with such clarity. Often these dreams come through which such a feeling of peace and calm and this lets us know the other person is oK. Often nothing is said you just see them happy and beautiful....

It is a magical dream :) but very very true