Can souls connect while dreaming?

blackroseivy

Often, they just act as though they are friends - they will be like they are really old friends or even lovers. Dunno! More men than women, but women too.

Dutchess

Sungoddess....

OMG sungoddess...

Your post made me cry. You described everything that I feel about my lost love. I feel so connected with him still after all this time... i dont know how to purge myself of those feelings. How could I when I feel that he is my mirror?

I am so lost, too. I hope things work out for you better than they have me. My heart aches after 10 long years apart.

What do you do when your other half lies asleep so far away... beyond your reach?

crystaleyes

Ms K said:
Oh yes.

I have also had dreams where my husband and I are carrying on a conversation. And the next morning, I find out that he was having the same dream, and we were carrying on the same conversation in his dream, as well.

I too have had a similar experience to this. My ex and i both had the same dream, we were together in the dream making love, and we both finished each others sentences when we woke up telling each other about it right down to the last detail. This dream has HAUNTED me for years and I kept asking him how it was possible. It was so real and so beautiful. I often wonder if souls meeting in dreams is an indication of soul mates. I actually have been to scared to even talk about this because I REALLY thought people would think I am crazy or lying because to me it just seemed to impossible, my rational mind still has troubles believing it.

crystaleyes

then

Here is another dream that tears me up.....My little brother died when I was young and ever since the day he was buried I have never been back to the cemetary where he was buried. I have begged my mom over and over to take me there or tell me how to get there(it's in the country) anyways a year and a half ago, i had this dream: I got onto a bus and sat down in the first row. I asked the bus driver How's he been? He turned around and looked at me and said my name, and is that reallly you. It was my brothers dad. Then he started driving the bus (full of people) and said there is somewhere we must go. As we pulled up to a cemetary, I recognized it immediately, except it was all dirt and trees except in 1 spot on a hill. It was so green and beautiful. We got off the bus and walked over to the green gravesite. He told me I know you have been needing to come here for so long but please forgive your mom, she is not strong enough to bring you here. I looked at the bus and all the people were staring patiently, so patiently it ws unbelievable. Then he took off in a red sports car with some woman and i woke up.
Ever since that dream I have been at total peace with my brothers death. I still haven't been to the grave site physically BUT I have been there.

psychicbody

Yes, this is all possible and can happen quite often. The esoteric term for such "meetings" is called dreamwalking, which is a phenomenon that can be linked to astral projection and telepathy. What I do to confirm, is simply tell the person I had a dream about them and ask if something simmiler happened.
If this is between the living and the dead, then a little more discretion should be used, because it is not uncommon to generate such images, when someone feels a profound loss.
Dr. Carl Jung believed we are all connected, through a vast Collective Unconscious, although some of this claims to that where more abstract than simply sharing dreams.

Juddcatsgirl

I read thought this topic a few weeks ago, and was going to reply, but didn't get the chance.

A few months back I made a post in regards to two people sharing the same dream only having different points of view. This happened when my best friend and I were fourteen and I've always considered her to be one of my soul mates (not in the sexual sense but in the sense that she'll always be with me in other lives and we'll always come back to each other whatever happens). However, the dream also made me aware of a man who saved my life in the dream and it was only looking back through old dream journals that I realised the man in my dream of many years ago was indeed my ex. Anyways, to cut a long story short, I believe that he and I have been destined to be in previous lives other than this one and we keep coming back to each other.

Our relationship in this life ended a little over a year ago and there's some bad blood between us at the moment. Especially as he turned up out of the blue one night when I was out with my girlfriends and he decided to tell one of them that he wanted nothing to do with me and that he felt like I was stalking him.

Now, in fairness - I did write him a letter back in April after I had a civilised chat with him, asking him if he wanted me then he had to make it known and I'd get the answer I desired if he contacted me or not. He chose not, but that was fine cause I managed to get my head sorted. But since April I've been having some really intense dreams about him, so much so that I can even smell his aftershave in them. This made me wonder if I'm actually connecting with his soul while I'm sleeping and he could feel this and it made him uncomfortable. The strangest thing is, it's like he can tell that I'm over him or getting over him cause when I am, he turns up and messes me up again. Could I be sending out messages to his soul telling him that I'm ready to move on from him and in return his soul is seeking me out in reality and not letting me.

To be honest, I think that we need to set each other free, but I can't see this happening any time soon; particularly because whenever I see him he watches me like a hawk and I refuse to play his mind games any longer. So, I ask this - if Lucid Dreaming allows you to control your dreams and deep mediation can help contact your angels and spirit guides, could mediation allow you to call another soul and speak to them heart to heart through dream?

BLFO

Here is my situation. I have been thinking about someone for 15 years. I met him once and 4 years ago, I wrote to him because he is a musician now and everytime I would write to him, i was hoping that it would bring us together and it never did. But i have been dreaming about him 4-10 times a year since I first wrote to him. In the dreams, we are usually a couple with children, a newly couple (dating) or just starting to get to know each other.

I find it frustrating that things are not coming through and we are not in a relationship because for years he felt like he already IS, not will be, my husband. I think because he is a musician, he takes my letters as being a fan...although I do enjoy his music. I never expressed my love for him because knowing that he is a musician he might think that is groupie-ish an odd. I have been trying to play it cool but him not "paying any attention" to me and seeing him have girlfriends hurt me.

I don't know if I should write a love letter and add a photo (becuase I doubt that he has remembered my face 15 years ago. I don't think men remember things like that as women do.)

I think about him daily all day. I feel depressed not being with him. I don't know, I might do a relationship reading. But I don't think relationship readings are appropiate when you don't know a person too well.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

westsidegirlygirl

Not only can you connect while dreaming, but a dreaming person can connect with a person who is not even asleep. My mother used to have these psychic storm nightmares once in a while (that's how I think of them), that would bring neighbors banging on the door in a panic that something bad had happened. She did it to me, once, when I had gone to a movie. I was convinced that I had to get to her right away, and had a panic attack - but I was young, couldn't drive - in the morning I went to her house (I was living at my father's) and my stepfather told me about the horrible night he had passed, with my mother completely flipped out in a half dream state. She remembered only having nightmares, or else she was refusing to own up.

westside

westsidegirlygirl

BLFO, this is just my opinion, but I'll give you my take on the situation. You probably are dreaming about your husband - but it's probably not this guy. This guy gave you all of the visual cues that lined up - so his likeness is serving as an avatar, untill you see your real husband and can know his real likeness. It's handy to have a visual, and your psyche has provided you with one - but the image of the guy and the actual guy may be two different people.

westside

BLFO

Wha sucks is I dreamt of this guy again this morning! It is so odd, I can't interpet it.

The dream started off with me an haute couture fashion show of Japanese designer called Issey Miyake. For some reason the fashion show appeared only in black and white not color. This frustrated me because I wanted to see it in color. When the fashion show was over, everything became in color and I looked at my hand which had a fashion magazine like Vogue or Elle which had lots of photos of the fashion show I just attended.

When I looked up from the magazine, I noticed that I was in a private air plane flying away from Paris. The man that I liked was in this dream and it appeared to be his plane? In this plane, all of his work/business associates were there. And we had a conversation that confirmed that we did indeed came from a fashion show in Paris because we were talking about type of fabrics we liked.

Then this man got on his PowerPoint to show a DVD of artwork of his album. The last DVD page of the Album had a "subliminal" message for me to know about and the rest of the people in the room didn't pick it up.

The "subliminal" message was a digitial cartoon character of a man. The cartoon represented this man. The cartoon had a beating red heart on his chest. I tried to look away from the cartoon, because recently in my awakening life, I had a horrible arguement with this man on the internet. I don't believe now that we will ever become an item anymore. The chance feels as if it is ruined now. So the beating heart of the cartoon figure made me upset therefore I looked away from it. It made me upset because it appeared as if the cartoon man represented his feelings for being hurt like I hurt is feelings or that he still wants me? This man got mad that I was ignoring to look at the cartoon therefore, he walked up to the PowerPoint image on the screen and pointed his finger at the cartoon figure. He took the PowerPoint remote and made the cartoon animate.

The cartoon man is now wearing a matador uniform holding a red cloth (to entice the bull), he turns around and a bull appears. Funny thing is, this man in real life is a Taurus. I felt like the bull represented his zodiac sign. The dream ends with me looking at this man point to the animated figure with the beating red heart.