Haindl Tarot

Catpaw

Has anyone read Rachel Pollack's books on the Haindl Tarot and do you have some advice for me on learning this deck.

I just purchased the deck after attending a seminar conducted by Rachel. the seminara was based on her b ook "The Kabbalah Tree: A Journey of Balance & Growth".

Catpaw

bladeraven

Catpaw said:
Has anyone read Rachel Pollack's books on the Haindl Tarot and do you have some advice for me on learning this deck.

I just purchased the deck after attending a seminar conducted by Rachel. the seminara was based on her b ook "The Kabbalah Tree: A Journey of Balance & Growth".

Catpaw

I think the biggest thing with this deck is to just basically take it slow and keep an open mind......they are definetely very non-traditional decks...I highly recommend Forest of the Souls....I think you'll find it'll expand the way you view the deck more.

Catpaw

Thank you for the reply. I have the Forest of the Souls and it is a favorite book that I use when questioning BIG issues. It inspires me to wonder and ask....I will try it with the Haindl Tarot and also the workbok that Ms. Pollack wrote to go with the deck.

The art work is wonderful with so many hidden items and meanings/interpretations. I am not very versed in the Kabbalah but am proceeding to see many things of interest in this deck and the Tree of Life.

Thanks again.

NightWing

Do Not Delay!

Don't hesitate. Get Rachel Pollack's book(s) on the Haindl Tarot. I have the two volumes, but understand there is a one volume version out there as well (so I've been told but haven't seen it). The deck is wonderful, and her books (one each on Minor and Major Arcanae) allow you to "plumb the depths", as it were. Go for it!

Gardener

Shameless plug

Hi Catpaw,

It's wonderful to see how interest in the Haindl deck seems to have suddenly surged forth again. I also strongly recommend Pollack's two volume set on the deck, the scholarship is amazing and the writing quite accessible. Which, with a deck as complicated and intellectual as this one, is saying something! I took some exceprts from the books as put them in a study group, which you can find at:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34250

If you're waffling about buying the books, you could take a look there.

I did also buy the one volume book, but I don't remember it and I think I lost it. How's that for a recommendation?

Great deck, hope to see you over in the Study Group!

Catpaw

Thankl you all for your posts. I have the two books, I contacted Ms. Pollack directly and she sent them with a nice signed note inside each. The workbook is no longer available from any sites I have tried.

Now the fun begins as I start to study this deck.