A little Stage Play- Pixies Pikau

Rosanne

I discovered something about Pixies Cards some years ago. Although It may be old hat news to you, it was a revelation to me. I thought I had decrypted the Rosetta Stone :D If you can add any insights or even your own Rosetta Stone I would appreciate your contribution.
(By the by- a Pikau is a swag or a pack(He he pun here!!) It is only a swag if it has something inside- so Pixies deck is always a Pikau)
Some of the cards look like they are set on a stage- some do not. If you look at the 'stage' cards you will see something interesting. Take the 4 Pentacles for example. If you should withhold knowledge or money it might result with what is depicted in 5 Pentacles -Poverty of Body and Spirit. So look at the cards before and after a 'stage ' card and see if you see the connections. I always think she was a very clever lady, Pamela Colman Smith- Don't you agree?-Rosanne

Cerulean

This listing may be of interest...

http://www.brynmawr.edu/library/speccoll/guides/smith.shtml

There's a second page, also.

I didn't absorb it until now, but she did a Shakesperean alphabet for kids...oh golly, gee....I'm editing--I thought someone wrote about Shakespere and Tarot in this forum.

I checked the net and there's additional links to her theatre friend Ellen Terry and a bit on PCS' family--is this of interest to your thread?

http://www.controverscial.com/Pamela%20Colman.htm#Emanuel%20Swedenborg%20(1688-1772)%A0

If not, I'll delete and add to another, earlier thread of stage settings and PCS' work...which doesn't contain these links. It was a Rosetta stone for me how immersed she was in history and stagecraft before she painted the deck images. I researched it when I had Green Sheaf images earlier.

(I'm sorry, I think I mixed up PCS with Shakespere and my Luigi Scapini and Doreen Ashkroft Norwicki decks---which do use a kind of stage settings and the Bard's works for their deck themes. Sorry! Probably no relationship other than my imagination..)

Cerulean

Rosanne

Cerulean said:
It was a Rosetta stone for me ho...se saw the 'stage' card connections. ~Rosanne

Fulgour

To see for myself I got out my Colman Smith Tarot
and began looking through the Wands cards...

III IV and V presented my imagination with a vision
of Odysseus ~ in III longing to return to his home,
and Odyssey does mean homecoming after all...
which we see in IV with a happy welcoming, but
of course that had to wait until he slew the suitors,
presented in the V of Wands ~ in a way, but nicely so.

IV is the "stage" card in this tableau ~ just as you said.

Rosanne

Yahoo Fulgour, that is exactly what I meant- how clever is that and I am glad others can see her brilliance as well. I am constantly in awe of Pamela Colman Smith. It has helped me to see a pattern throughout the cards and translate that within a reading. ~Rosanne