Help! My pendulum broke...

Aura Wolf

Thank you webwitch, I was thinking of doing a tarot reading. It just seems so odd to me... I barely got any use out of my dear pendulum, how could it be worn out? Honestly I've only used it a few times and only had it for a little over a year I think. But perhaps you are right...maybe it just wasn't meant to last any longer than that. But I keep remembering, they say a broken crystal is good luck. I wonder where that fits into this situation :D

Edited to ask: If I were to obtain that man-made blue opal pendulum I loved, do you guys think it would work the same as a natural crystal pendulum? I don't really have an opinion yet on the difference between man-made and natural crystals...and I guess it also depends on how a person believes the pendulum works, whether it be your subconscious, energy of the crystal/metal, spirit guides, etc. I tend to lean toward the subconscious (especially since a lot of people make pendulums out of just about anything, even sewing needles and have them work). But if I were to switch the chain for my amethyst beaded one, it would have some natural crystals in the works :D I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Webwitch

Star Spirit

I had one pendulum (I think it was amethyst) that worked for only one month before it cracked and then shattered beyond repair. Whilst I owned it, it worked wonderfully.

I was a little bereft without it.

Then, one day whilst walking through a rather large mind, body spirit fair, I came across a peddlar of crystals, and hanging from one of his many rods was a perfectly shaped quartz crystal. It was exactly how I had always imagined the perfect pendulum to be.

It took time to get used to it - after all I was used to inclusions, cracks, rusty chains, etc. - but now I could not do without it. It even travels with me now (carefully wrapped in silk inside a padded pouch).

I would say give it time. Sometimes crystals absorb the energy (hematite is meant to be particularly prone to this) and then cannot take any more - so I'm told.

Let us know how it all works out for you.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

Aura Wolf

You are right WebWitch....well I feel this may be the pendulum's way of telling me that it's okay for me to purchase another, now that it is broken...I would still like the blue opal pendulum, though I am still wondering how well a man-made crystal would work as opposed to a natural one. Perhaps if you are using it with your heart's intent it doesn't matter what the pendulum is made of...

How does everyone else feel about this?

Emily

If you were really drawn to the pendulum then once you have conditioned it it should work. I fell in love with my brass pendulum through the plastic of the box it was in, I didn't get to touch it until I'd got it home.

I've never had much luck with natural crystals, I have a lovely citrine pendulum but no matter how much time I spend with it, it won't work with me. My brass one just feels so right.

Lots of people can use just about anything for a pendulum so maybe the blue opal would work for you. :)

Aura Wolf

Emily said:
If you were really drawn to the pendulum then once you have conditioned it it should work. I fell in love with my brass pendulum through the plastic of the box it was in, I didn't get to touch it until I'd got it home.

I've never had much luck with natural crystals, I have a lovely citrine pendulum but no matter how much time I spend with it, it won't work with me. My brass one just feels so right.

Lots of people can use just about anything for a pendulum so maybe the blue opal would work for you. :)

Thank you for your input Emily. I think you are right, everyone seems to be drawn to all sorts of different things. My amethyst pendulum worked wonderfully for me, I'm sad that I didn't get to use it more. I forgot to mention that after my pendulum broke....I asked it if it would still work for me and it seemed very confused...it would swing straight for yes for a few seconds and then immediately change direction and swing in a circle for no...and it kept doing this over and over until I stopped it. So I think I do need a new one :(

But I think I will try to call the lady from Earthlight and see if she could mail me the blue opal one :) I would love to combine that with my chain. She had at least two in store and it did seem to call out to me--she even noticed :) I'd still like to hear more from you guys, this is a very interesting topic for me...

By the way, I decided to use a piece of Picasso Jasper for my "male" stone in my lithomancy set--I now have 4 pieces of Jasper in it!

Aura Wolf

Update:

I called that lady back about the opalite pendulum and she said she'd run out (darn) and wasn't sure if she could get more in. I can't find them anywhere on the net, and was looking at some of Dana's (srGoddess's) again...but none of them seemed quite right, and so at the time decided to confer with her about having one custom-made...but then I picked up my pendulum and realized how special it was...so instead I asked her if I could purchase a new amethyst bottom--this pendulum is just so ME :) But I haven't heard back yet, so not sure if it's possible. I hope it all works out for the best though...

Aura Wolf

Thanks for the link, lark. I haven't heard back from Dana yet, which I find odd, so I contacted her through eBay as well, hopefully she'll respond. She still has auctions up so I'm hoping something just went wrong with the e-mail. I like buying from her because I know exactly what I'm getting--the picture she has is the exact one I'm getting, so I know what it looks like. Just me :)

Edit: I guess the e-mail had problems, but Dana got back to me and I am going to mail my pendulum back to her and have her fix it :) So I am happy.