Robert M. Place's New Book!!!

blackroseivy

ANyone here a big fan of the "Alchemical Tarot", too? Well, his beautiful illustrations are available in book-form with "The Tarot", which I have ordered - it's back-ordered, I'd snap up a copy if I were you (that is, assuming you are in love with his artwork like I am!! Hehe!), because this one promises to be another collector's item in no time!

http://thealchemicalegg.com/Main.html

Here is his website! :D

blackroseivy

One more weird thing:

My dentist shares his name! :D

lunakasha

I am borderline *obsessed* with this deck and his artwork....LOL!!! })

So in the meantime, until I can get my very own Alchemical deck, this book sounds like a nice alternative. :)

Is it fully illustrated.....in color??? *drools*

And may I ask where you ordered it from???

Thanks!!!

:) Luna

PS: LOOOOVE the Alchemical Egg website too!!!

Phantom Goddess

you can get this book from Amazon.com for less than $7.00 and it ships in 24 hours. :)

Alta

The book is softcover. The illustrations are not in colour nor does it have all the cards of the Alchemical. In fact, to my surprise the card meanings are illustrated with the RWS images. The image on the cover is from his new deck, the 7-fold mystery.

The book is excellent! One of the best books that I have read on tarot.

His ideas for three and 9 cards spreads is so good that I have been trying it out in REx for the past few weeks.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=29560

Phantom Goddess

I going to purchase this book soon, I just haven't had the $$$.

lunakasha

Thanks for the information, Marion....:)

That book has been in my amazon shopping cart for awhile now, and I hear it is excellent, but after reading danubhe's post I thought there was ANOTHER book available with color photos of the Alchemical, and I wouldn't want to miss out on that one!

(Which reminds me: there is an amazon bookseller asking $99.00 for the Alchemical book only, NO CARDS. Unbelievable....)

Elizabeth Genco

My goodness -- why is the Place book so inexpensive? I hope this isn't a bad sign. That book is the best on Tarot to come along in a while, and deserves wide readership.

lunakasha

Elizabeth Genco said:
My goodness -- why is the Place book so inexpensive? I hope this isn't a bad sign. That book is the best on Tarot to come along in a while, and deserves wide readership.

Maybe it is just a way to *balance* out the ridiculously high prices being asked for the OOP Alchemical??? ;) (by greedy sellers, not the author or publisher) hehehe

I would rather not question why it is so inexpensive, and just be thankful!

Elizabeth Genco

Someone needs to give the Alchemical Tarot a home.