Robert M. Place's New Book!!!

tmgrl2

I'm about half way through the book...quite readable and very well organized historical information...I'm up to the discussion of the cards.

terri

Thordia

Oooh, I have this book ordered at amazon UK and now I am even more excited about it's arrival! I have read some glowing reviews, and it is certainly nice to see such a good quality tarot book at such an affordable price :)

blackroseivy

I'm mad about the fact that my bookclub is rippin' me off BIIIIG-time!! >:p I can't believe it, I'm prolly paying 2x the price at Amazon. Oh well, at least I get the book (I didn't know it had any illustrations of the Alchemical in it, sorry for the mixup - just the 7-Fold Mystery, which I WISH I knew when it would be published!!! - & not even in color - >:p) anyway, & I fulfill 1/2 my obligation to the stupid club!

Now off to seek "7FM"!!

Ukkonen

I bought my Alchemical pack with the (Alchemical Tarot) book - in a nice box set. The book is soft cover and has only B&W illustrations...a very good book nevertheless. As seems to be everything done by Mr. Place ;-)
Just got my copy of "The Tarot" and I must say it appears to be one of the "big" tarot books published in recent years...very coherent. Would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.

jackdaw*

I bought my copy at an independent bookstore in NS, and paid about $25 Canadian. I kind of choked on that at the counter, :) but once I got it home I found it is worth every penny! Amazing book, great history, and so well written.

From there I followed up on Mr. Place's website, and the images from his new (and hopefully coming to a mail-order website near you) deck in progress. I am blown away! Particularly by Temperance. Although Strength is the Major that usually resonates with me interpretation-wise, I am always drawn to Temperance in a new deck, and this was no exception.

But I digress. I found this book to be wonderful, and I highly recommend it.