Messages from the Dead spread (haha!)

blackroseivy

I had to wing this one, as there was nothing that addressed this particular need that I could come up with. Here it is:

-----1---------2-------
----------5------------
-----3---------4-------

1 = Where was the deceased at the time of death?
2 = Where was the deceased immediately after death?
3 = Where is the deceased now?
4 = Where will the deceased soon be?
5 = Feelings toward/message to the querent

Hope others find this useful!

a_shikhs

cool

hey dis spread sounds really cool.... i'll definately give it a shot... thanx

blackroseivy

Glad to hear it! ;)

Tarotphelia

But what if the answer to numbers 2, 3, or 4 end up being The Devil ? What do we say to the querent then ? eek ! })

PlatinumDove

How about that the spirit is tied to the material world, unable to move on to the higher spiritual realm? :p

Grizabella

I once did a 7-card layout without any meanings for the positions. The question I asked was "What would my husband say to me if he could send me a message?" and I got the most amazing message that I couldn't mistake came directly from him! I think if I were to do something similar for a querent, I'd do it exactly the same way I did mine. It leaves room for interpretation that's much more flexible and doesn't encounter the problems I can see might pop up in a spread with specific questions asigned to the positions.

However, I don't mean this as a criticism of your spread, by any means. I'm just recounting what I did and what I'd do in the future if it were me. Thank you for sharing your spread. I can see you've thought it out and tried to be thorough with what you've asked. It's an interesting spread and one I may try myself in the future.

Elven

Aha! Perfect spread to try and find my uncle who was aboard the lost ship HMAS Sydney! I just posted the thread!! I will add this to the reading when I try to find out where the ship is located! May have to change question 4 though - hmmm?

Thanks Danubhe!! :)

Lyric - I like your idea too - I'll try that as well!! :)

Blessings
Elven x

stonepsycho

This sounds like an interesting spread :D Thanks for sharing

blackroseivy

Glad people found it interesting. What I'm doing is getting in touch with the deceased for clients; I needed something concise that would give some focus to the readings. I can't see doing it in the other way, myself - since it isn't for me, but for a stranger, I need to be able to have something specific to say. If it were for me, though, I would definitely try the other way. Overall, however, I find I do best with focused definition to the spread.

On the last card: I use it as a springboard. I am clairaudient to an extent, & the messages just flow from there; it has nothing to do with the definition of the card per se. I half-scry when reading anyway. So, folks, try using that last card in this way - you'll be surprised at the results! +, you can always draw more cards on it.

Tarotphelia

I would suggest asking the client what they want to know, and what questions they want to ask . They are bound to have specific things they really want to know.