Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Two

psychic sue

I dreamed of the UFO's last night - well, in a way.

I was in an "ordinary" dream (not lucid) and I saw the red light behind the clouds - but, (and this has never happened before) I became lucid within the dream! I thought to myself "the UFO lights are here so I am in a dream - OK UFO's bring it on! And of course the lights faded and the dream shifted and I went back into a normal dream. I think this is a tequnique to become lucid on that dream website - I'll have to go back and take a look.

I also dreamed I was looking at photographs but they weren't ordinary photos. They were a kiind of negative, and when you held them up to the light, more unseen things became visible in them. It was strange.

I was also looking back through my dream notes yesterday - remember Nigel Braithewaite? I had written next to his name "Artist" and "Orange Tree" - why did I not post that here? Ego again? Hurry up back David!

rcb30872

Hi Sue

I know David is not here, and I won't be able to do a good as job as he, but I would like to have a go at this. First of all I would like to say, I have no idea what UFOs signify in dreams.

I saw the red light behind the clouds
The clouds in the dream signifies that you are not paying enough attention to practical details and realities. The fact that you have seen the lights through the clouds indicates awareness and that you are "switched on" to things, as in intuition and spirituality (well that bit is obvious!! :D). The fact that the colour of the light is red means that you need to heed a warning, about what I don't know, but it really wanted you to notice it, and you did.

I also dreamed I was looking at photographs but they weren't ordinary photos. They were a kiind of negative, and when you held them up to the light, more unseen things became visible in them. It was strange.
Photographs could represent your memories in dreams. But by the fact that they were possibly negatives could possibly indicate that these memories are from you subconscious and not your conscious. The fact that when the photos showed more things when subjected to light may indicate that there are more things hidden in your subconscious that you are gradually unveiling.

That's all I could offer at the moment, still learning!!

Bec

psychic sue

Oh Bec! I didn't mean to imply that I only listen to David! I was thinking about the ego aspect, and I know he has his own model that he works from. Your thoughts are just as valid, as are everyone's in our group. We are all learning here, and we will never progress if we don't use each other as Guinea Pigs!

The UFO's do have a personal meaning for me, but I think I have finally defeated them. I was just pondering really on the fact that you can put a "trigger" symbol in your dream to make it lucid.

As for the photographs, yes I agree with your interpretation, makes sense.

Thanks for your input Bec,

Sue x

psychic sue

This is all I have managed to find on the Orange Tree. The other obvious link is Florida - although again, I have no link to Florida, nor is it ever in my conscious thoughts.

"Orange trees and their blossoms are symbolic of purity, chastity and generosity. More rarely, an orange tree is used to represent the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in Paradise."

rcb30872

Thanks Sue,

What I had said, and what I meant, were 2 completely different things. I didn't mean for it to sound like I took offence at what you had said, as I didn't.

I have been thinking about a dream that I had a long, long, time ago, and it kind of reminded me a mixture of what I dreamt a few weeks ago, and the one of the dreams David had which he thought was in relation to me (Pooh Bear and Eyeore I think, on reflection, PB are both my parents initials!!) This can be found in the closed thread of the spirit guid group dreams if you are interested. Well, this is what I have dreamt and interpreted:

This dream is very old, and still very fresh in my mind. It must have been at least 20 years ago that I had this dream. I’m not sure if we were in Australia or in England at the time of the dream, but this dream was about while I was living in England, which was 24 years ago!!

In this dream I was running away from this man but at the same time I was looking for this woman, who in real life was our house cleaner. The man was someone I didn’t know in real life. The whole time during the dream I was terrified. I was running, then came to a lighthouse. I went in the lighthouse and climbed the stairs to get to the top. About half way up I came across this woman and her two children (which this woman in real life was a friend of the family, and the two children were two of her sons – there were three in total). They just stood there, watching me climb the stairs, their faces were pretty expressionless, but for some reason I can remember seeing the look in her eyes and it was either just an evil look or something like hatred. So anyway, when I get to the top, I find the woman (who was our house cleaner in real life) tied to a bed in the middle of the room at the top of the lighthouse. At this point I looked around, and the man was hiding behind the door, I just thought that the man was evil. That’s when I woke up.

So by the fact that I thought that this man was evil, then I would imagine that this indicates that I was running away from my dark/shadow hidden self, which had grown to a huge proportion and causes terror and a feeling of being a victim. So by the fact that I was running away from the man in the dream and looking for someone at the same time, but at the end finding both makes me a bit confused. So part of me, by running away and finding what I was looking for suggests that I will overcome what is hindering my progress. But at the end, despite all this I still felt helpless in the end as the man was standing behind the door means that I have to reassess the steps that I was taking to address my fear. Again the stranger signifies a part of myself that I am unaware of. Running away symbolises our desire to avoid problems, emotions or sexuality, considering that I was only a child when I had this dream I would say that this probably more than likely indicates emotions. But at the same time I am running towards something, which means that a certain object or situation that I wish to reach, but at the same time could mean that I run into danger, as the man that I was running away from was there when I found the woman. The lighthouse symbolises the emotional difficulties that lie ahead. The light guided me by helping me to see what danger is ahead so that it can be avoided. The stairs symbolises the efforts that need to be taken to achieve certain goal or reach a state of greater enlightenment. The fact that I have passed though a door in a dream is a sign that I was ready to tackle my inhibitions, or make progress in respect to a certain area in my life. I guess that must mean that I was ready to face my shadow/dark hidden self as he was hiding behind the door, and that I saw him, at the end of the dream. Oh, one more thing, the appearance of the friend of the family and her two boys more than likely represents my own mother an my two brothers, again another dream (a lot older than the other one, mind you) with them in it.

Even though this is quite old, I think it is still relevant, otherwise I wouldn't still be able to remember it after all these years.

Bec

rcb30872

Oh, I have just read through this again, and I think that I may have missed out a few important things:

In regards to the fact that I thought the friend of the family was in reflection to me, anyway, my mum and brothers. The mother represents the nuturing and protective aspects of ourselves, how we relate to people in any relatioship is symbolised by this figure *oh dear, doesn't look very good for me, does it??*. I think that this is saying that I need to acknowledge the negative aspects (in the dream could indicate that the mother figure would come across as being possessive, jealous and lacking in emotional bonding) and integrate them for a more balanced outcome.

I think that the woman was tied to the bed could indicate that in a sense that she was kidnapped which symbolises loss of control and dependency. The dream expresses insecurity, it may also represent that I feared that something precious to me was at risk of being lost or taken away from me, whether that thing is a relationship, a talent or on occupation (the occupation I don't think would apply, considering how young I must have been when I had the dream!!)

Bec

squeakmo9

rcb30872 said:
In this dream I was running away... at the same time... was looking for... in real life was... cleaner.

Hi Bec, I hope you don't think I'm stalking you by following your threads...sorry...anyway funny how you can recall a dream after so many years unless it has some relevance to the present. Something must have been troubling you when you first recalled this dream as a kid. Perhaps the cleaning lady is a play on words. Something needed cleaning up and you were in a great hurry to have closure, chasing her and all. Probably things in waking life "appeared" to be "cleaner". In youth there seems to be a simple approach that never wavers. Good/bad, black/white, yes/no, no grey areas. But life has a way of twisting and testing what we have learned.

rcb30872 said:
The man was someone I didn’t know... The whole time during the dream I was terrified.
I agree this seems like a shadow side of yourself. Like what Sacredashes said, a side that you have not yet recognized in yourself and manifests in other people or circumstances until integrated.

rcb30872 said:
came to a lighthouse... climbed the stairs to get to the top.
I think enlightenment/self-improvement is hard work. At least you're going up the stairs as oppose to down.

rcb30872 said:
About half way up I came across this woman and her two children... just stood there, watching me... their faces were pretty expressionless, seeing the look in her eyes... just something like hatred.
Sometimes one encounters opposition from people and things that should be for you not against you. The "rational" mind demands that there be an order to things. Still in spite of or because of this pressure, we seem to reach a higher plateau.

rcb30872 said:
I get to the top, I find the woman tied to a bed in the middle of the room at the top of the lighthouse.
It's unsettling when we loose control like you said Bec, feeling helpless, a victim.

rcb30872 said:
At this point I looked around, and the man was hiding behind the door...
But what's more shocking is when we realize that much of the circumstance was within our grasp and for whatever reason we are forced to face it and respond.

rcb30872 said:
That’s when I woke up.
Well that's my take on it :)
Squeakmo9

rcb30872

Thanks squeakmo9,

No, I appreciate your assistance. If I was slightly paranoid, I would think, yes, that I have been stalked. But no, I have a tendency in this forum to constantly bump into the same people, or take interest in what someone posts. If I was even more paranoid, I would start to think that you are indeed the man from my dreams, ROFLMAO :p :p :p :p

You are right, I don't have any comments on it at the moment. But I have a bit of a *beer haze* going on at the moment, I went to lunch with my mum, she insisted, for my birthday.

Bec

psychic sue

Just a flying visit with a quick dream I had last night.

I remember being briefly lucid, flying.

Then I was with Stephen Fry (see link http://www.stephenfry.com/) and he was my boyfriend. He was being incredibly tender, holding my hands, attentive etc, and I felt wonderful! We then had to go down into the vaults of this large mansion. All the books were very very old and I picked one up - it had a blue cover, but I couldn't read anything in it (as usual in dreams). It's pages were crumbling. We were with a man who was like a kind of tour guide - but I knew he was a professor, and he was incredibly wise. The smell in the cellar library was damp and musty. Then we were in a ballroom, and I was kissing Mr. Fry feeling very happy and a little bit silly that a woman of my age could be acting this way. The whole dream had a kind of Harry Potter feel to it. I think Stephen Fry had a small part in a Harry Potter movie - I'm not sure.

It's interesting I chose Stephen Fry as my Prince Charming. I do find him incredibly attractive - not because of the way he looks, although he is not unsightly by any means - but because he is so intelligent and witty and charming. A real old fashioned Englishman - he is also gay which makes him totally unobtainable (I mean in my mind, of course he is unobtainable to me anyway!) and so, safe. The books and cellar I see as part of my mind yet to be explored, something which has been forgotten about and neglected.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Sue x

Sophie-David

A Date with Stephen Fry

Hi Sue

This is quite a fascinating dream. I knew absolutely nothing about Stephen Fry, so I had a good rake around at the web site. His résumé does not list any credits for Harry Potter, but does show that he appeared as Hatchison in A Fish Called Wanda which I have on DVD, so I'll have to check it out. Stephen seems very much a renaissance man: a script writer, novelist, director and actor, as well as an environmental activist. Your points about him being "totally unobtainable" are a good indicator that his appearance in your dream is purely symbolic, that he represents a part of you and not himself at all. And his perfect behaviour in your dream, his "incredible" tenderness and attentiveness, and how he made you feel "wonderful", "very happy", "a little bit silly", with "Harry Potter" magic, give him a numinous perfection which it is unlikely any physical man could ever match. In particular, your interesting comment, "a little bit silly that a woman of my age", suggests that his love was rejuvenating and energizing - and I note that Stephen the celebrity is a little older than you so it wasn't his relative age which was causing this feeling. In short, Sue, I believe you have met your animus.

Stephen took you to see the books in the cellar, your subconscious I would suggest. But unlike your dream a few months ago where you visited the underground room of filing cabinets in a place like your office, this journey into the underworld was by no means unpleasant, the protective and tender love of the animus conveyed you there without fear. And through his mediumship, you met the wise old man of your soul, a higher self like my James the Hermit, a teacher, and perhaps a healer and prophet. The blue colour of the book evokes the spiritual, and the crumbling and unreadable pages suggest spiritual wisdom which cannot be fixed into words.

Do you remember any details of the ballroom: its shape, size, colour or decoration? Did you dance with Stephen? What were you both wearing?

You may have had to wait a while for another dream since your boat journey towards the underworld, but it would seem its been well worth the wait! And if this is the underworld its a very nice one indeed. ;)

Deep Blessings - David