Poor Ouija Board

Daizdy

Netzach said:
I think the most important thing when you are trying to "get in touch" with unseen entities - whether via a ouija board or in some other way - is to make sure that you have protected yourself. There ARE nasty energies out there and it makes sense to ensure that they can't get at you. Start your session by lighting candles, visualise yourself and anyone else present - and the board itself - cocooned in white light and dedicate the session to the highest good of all concerned. Then you are likely to get good advice and help from gentle energies, angels, guides or whatever you like to call them.
Ouija boards fascinate me but like many others I would be terrified to use one. I'm just curious, has anyone ever taken every possible precaution against attracting nasty spirits but have been bothered after using one anyway?

Emily

I know that ouija boards do get bad press - I'm resisting the urge to call it 'Spirit Board' but to me thats what it is a board for contacting the spirits. I don't think that these should be sold as toys, I wouldn't have one in my house, and I wouldn't let my son use one.

Mediums are trained to deal with spirits, but you get no training whatsoever to use a spirit board, you could be inviting god-knows what into your house, and it could also impact on whoever is living in your house with you and knows nothing of what you are doing. I know that you could say protection prayers, if they work, but what if they don't?

I've seen people who use a spirit board as part of their everyday work life and they have no problems but then again when they do get problems they know how to deal with them. I've also seen younger people who have been traumatised by what they've been told from a Spirit Board given as a present.

I like my tarot cards but I don't invoke any help from anyone else, in spirit or not, to help me read them and if I had to, I wouldn't use them.

leftovercrizack

I am a meduim but I dont like ouija boards.

psychic sue

I have to agree, that although I have had some weird experiences with the Ouija, I do tend to come down on the side of it being the sub-conscious. Any Divination tool can be dangerous - you should always cast a circle of protection or say a protecting prayer before you attempt any kind of Divination. Whether this works because you are actually protecting yourself or whether it is a kind of placebo effect, I am not sure about, but it does seem to work anyway.

Sue x

December Fairy

This weekend I went to a concert with my daughter and the band had new merchandise. One thing being a new bag/purse that has the print of an Ouija board on the front. Instead of the alphabet it has the band name, the rest is just like an Ouija board. Numbers, yes or now, good-bye, even the corner designs.

catlin

I think most of the bad press concerning ouija boards is purely hollywood. I never encountered an evil or any other spirit using my witch board.

If you feel good using it, then use it, if not, leave it. I don't think that sleeping unwell has something to do with the board, I think this feeling was triggered by the fuss your neighbours made about the ouija board.

psychic sue

My friend told me a story about some young girls who used to live next door to her when she was a teenager. They had been playing with a Ouija Board, whilst their parents were out. One of the girls had run around to my friends house and was banging on the door like crazy. My friend's mom answered and the girls begged her to come back to their house with them because "something horrible is going on". My friend went too.

She says they made their way to the bottom of the staircase and my friend SWEARS this is true (and I have no reason to disblieve her, she is a very truthful person) - one of the girls was levitated a couple of inches off the landing. Everyone was screaming, and the girl suddenly slumped to the floor.

My friend's mom told her to go home straight away, and when the mom came back eventually, she never said what had happened and refused to talk about it.

Of course, this could have been the collective energy of a bunch of very frightened girls going through puberty - it was pretty scary anyway.

BlueLotus

I guess when someone puts their own fate and future in the hands of some unknown entities, they become quite vulnerable, particularly if they strongly believe in these entities to be in much command .

Thus even when they are not playing with the Ouija at the time, their subconscious mind keeps telling them that there are outside forces that can shape their lives. Thus fear is planted.

I have conducted Ouija sessions when I was both confident, and courageous and when I didn't particularly feel so, and found that in the latter case at times I felt that I was being followed around by someone and actually heard scary noises that came from nowhere, not to mention doors banging and other scary phenomenon.

My point, is that if you are to consult the Ouija at all, do it either in a playful spirit ( like that of the devil's play card in the Voyager's deck ), with friends, and/or in broad daylight or in a bright room. Better yet, say a prayer before and after each session. Bid the entity goodbye when you wish to leave the session .

In all cases, you could have bought yourself a new board, which is not expensive, and do not allow anyone else to be its master/mistress except yourself.

Those were my 2 cents. . .

memries

I used to use the Quija Board for years in the late 70's and 80'. Nothing ever happened to me. I used to say the Lord's Prayer before I started, always and still do for many things. I don't remember why I stopped, I guess I went on to other things. And don't remember anything too much from doing it.
No one thinks anything of automatic writing so I do not really see the difference. You can make little alphabet papers and use an upside down wine glass on the table and it will move and work.
Usually the questions people ask are fairly mundane.

Cerulean

I've read different threads on this, there's a museum too

Kind of hard to choose from so many threads on this, but here's some earlier discussion, as well, if this topic interests you:

1. Museum site:
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

2. May 2005 discussion
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=37037&page=1&pp=30&highlight=ouija+board

3. Older thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=41918&highlight=ouija+board

Hope that adds interest if you have time.

Best regards,

Cerulean