Incense

Kyrielle

I found a brand called Triloka that seems pretty good. Right on the packages it says "no dipping" and - best news - "no headaches". It does not smell strongly fake like some brands I smelled.

I am trying some rose-scented cones and some sandalwood, lavender, green tea, and lotus-scented sticks. The cones came packaged with a tiny ceramic dish to put one in when you light it.

No one seems to be able to make a jasmine incense that smells adequate to me. All the brands I've smelled in the stores smell like the air fresheners they put in the bathrooms at highway rest stops.

The cones you apparently use like the sticks - light the end, blow it out, and it smokes - only it's a different shape.

Kyrielle

paradoxx

classic brands:

moodstar
gonesh
nag champa

each can be purchased online

kinds to avoid:
floresense, it's not horrible but if you are going to buy incense for less than a dollar, go to Target instead of wal-mart, that would go for certain candles too.

Cones don't seem to last as long, and may have a thicker smoke to them, you will need a tray-an clean ashtray would work well here.

both will leave a good deal of ash and you might end up smelling like sandlewood when you go to work.

as for jasmine incense, I found a company called SAI (saiincense.com) that provides a rather strong product, it may not be what you are looking for, you might try a floral boquet if your looking for a strong fragance.

Webwitch

I make my own incense for burning in a censer. I use Agrippa for correspondences that I am not sure of and blend accordingly.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

poivre

There is a bookstore that I go to and she uses nag champa.
The smell also stays in the decks and books I buy there, for a while
after you purchase them. You can walk out of the store with a buzz on. I asked her one day what she used and if she ever got a headache and she said no.
She uses it just because she likes the smell.
Is it addictive to her?

I like the smell of good incense but I don't use it myself.
If I go anywhere that uses it I do feel different.

Incense is an interesting object! :)

floracove

Personally, I perfer stick over cone.

Now to the good stuff...

I've been collecting herbs by trading.
I have a good list of stuff now, though not great big amounts, but that's ok too, cause i'm tickled to have them.

Favorite's:
Patcholii
Damiana (i could just crawl up in the bag and be happy forever!)
Sandlewood

So far I haven't got a 'proper' container for burning herbs, but...
I've used those enamel coated metal bowls, and ceramic bowls.
You fill the bottom with sand, or with smooth rocks, that helps to keep the heat from busting. (works well)