Past Life and Tarot

bladeraven

I've never done this and was interested in doiing this due to dreams and just day to day issues...but how effective is Tarot with unveiling past life and how would one get started???

zorya

you might want to try a search for thirteen's old threads on konraad's past life spread. it's awesome for past life readings. time and space consuming, but awesome :D

Cerulean

Suggestion, perhaps...

1. Good review:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/past-life-karmic-tarot/

2. Good link from the review to Amazon.com...you can look inside the book for a sample page/spread:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=073870508X/ref=nosim/aeclectic/102-0619825-9170543

3. Llewellyn link to article by Edain McCoy. There's other articles of 'past life' on this site...but this link leads you to the book/author interview:

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/book.php?pn=J508

4. In the book, Edain McCoy uses the Robin Wood Tarot. I think the readings work best with a good tarot of your own choice.

I tend to think of the readings as helping you sift through information that comes to you now, no matter what the source--the fact that you want to decipher the information now and are interested in positive awareness is a good goal. My idea is one is sifting through inner thoughts so that future acting/correcting/helping efforts can result...

Best regards!

Cerulean

bladeraven

Oh My! Zorya and Cerulean thank you for the leads! Amazon has a used copy on sale so I think I'm going to grab that...not a bad price...Interesting about past lives and the job..something I hadn't never really thought about there...

psychic sue

Speaking of past lives and jobs , I had a weird experience when I was younger.

I went to Crete on Holiday when I was just "opening up" and as soon as I arrived there I felt strange. I had weird dreams and my consciousness was altered the whole time I was there. In one dream I was standing on a cliff looking out to sea. There were children all around me, grabbing at my legs an the white robe I was wearing. As we watched, a HUGE tidal wave suddenly appeared and headed towards us. My only thought was for the children. How could I protect them?

About ten years later, achaeologists discovered that a huge tsunami wiped out the Minoan civilisation about 3,000 years ago.

I am not sure whether this was a past life, or whether it was my Guide (who was a Cretan priest) showing me his death - but guess what area I work in now? Child Protection.

sharpchick

There's a pretty good past life/karma spread in the Llewellen's 2006 Tarot Reader.

Alta

I agree that it can, but I think it must take much practice and no small amount of insight. Thirteen did one for me which I have gradually worked with in the intervening time and, confirmed by my guides strongly, I am sure that I have the whole picture of that life now. Dark electric also did one which I have had less luck in confirming, but past lives is an elusive area.
I find myself very uncertan when I do it myself.

autumn star

I have done a couple of past life reading's, using different spreads. I have found them very hard to interpret ... they have given me ideas, but I can't say that I have got anything substantial from them. It's interesting though, because in the spreads that I have done there are a number of reoccuring cards. The reason why I have found them hard to interpret is because you can't really get any confirmation if you are on the right track or not. Good luck with your future past - life readings bladeraven ... I'm sure that the book will be useful ... I suppose I should ahve thought about doing some research on the topic before I leapt in and started reading :)

bladeraven

One of the things about doing a past life with the Tarot that actually crossed my mind was the possibilty of imposing what I want to see in the cards?? Keeping objective and neutral is something I think about when doing readings...

Dreaming_One

Hmm. . .I have no idea how one would go about doing a past life reading, although I doubt it would work best if you did it yourself, because of that objectivity thing.

Oh, and Psychic Sue, that is an awesome story! It must have been rather unnerving at the time, though. Fits in nicely with my theory that the best way to discover information about possible past lives is to travel far and wide and often. ;)

~May