Meditating with the goddess'

moonlight

I am trying to bring meditation into my everyday routine.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any music which would help me meet the goddess' that are guiding me through life, during meditation.

Thanks in advance

Moonlight

Shade

Anything by Jennifer Berezen but specifically Returning. The main body of the cd is a repetition of "returning to the mother of us all" but other chants to the goddess are intersperesed throughout including Vodun, Native American, and Indian invocations to the Goddess.

Also anything by Vas.

Sophie-David

Hi Moonlight

Its neat to see that several of us, myself included, are taking up meditation as a part of daily life. You might find some further helpful suggestions on goddess oriented music in Gardener's interesting thread, Music for meditation. Of course your own musical tastes are going to have a large influence on which music you find most helpful. For me the all time best music for encountering goddess energy has been Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major.

If I am interpreting correctly, you are interested in imaginal or visionary encounters with the goddess during meditation, so this will also influence your choice of music, making it more charged and coloured. If you were meditating solely to empty your mind then you would likely want more neutral music, or none at all.

Namaste - David

moonlight

Shade - Thank you for the suggestion! I will have a look on Amazon and see if there is a sample which I can listen to. Hopefully it will end up on my wish List! (not that it needs to get any longer!).

ophie-David - Thanks so much for the thread on meditation musc :). I will also check out Violin Concerto in D Major. One of my favorite instruments to listen to is the violine :).

Oh, and does anyone know of any music which features both the violine and some kind of flute? Something not too slow, but not too fast...

Moonlight

Sophie-David

Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune

Hi Moonlight

I have been searching for violin and flute music, and my thought was that you were looking for something in which the two have parity. There are several flute concertos which are of course accompanied by strings, but I could not find any in which a solo violin soared equally with a flute. Mozart and Vivaldi have some particularly lyrical works for accompanied flute.

But I think a work which you might interest you for meditational work is the Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune (or Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun) by Claude Debussy. I have just discovered that this is, unfortunately, one of the pieces which I used to have on vinyl and have never replaced with CD, but I am pretty sure that it would work well with meditations. It flows with a gorgeously liquid flute solo.

In the meantime, I see that you have very successfully used Loreena McKennit's The Mask and Mirror, one of my favourites also. I think that if you just let yourself be naturally led on from this work to others, as you continue in your meditational work, you will not go wrong...

Deep Blessings - David

moonlight

Sophie-David, hello! I had a listen to Violine concerto, and it just isn't for me. I couldn't meditate to it, lol!

Will let you know how i go with the flute suggestion though :D.

moonlight

I just downloaded Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune and It's perfect! It is so beautiful!

I will let you know how the meditation goes when I get a chance to try it out :D.

moonlight

Sophie-David

Oh please do Moonlight, I'm envious... ;)