Healing by A shaman, is that fake?

Gracey

Hi,

Didn't know where to post this. I had a Shaman do a healing session for me. They do something called "soul retreival". Not sure if it worked. She told me a lot of far-out soul stuff about myself. Really kinda scary. I guess enlightening too. I was impressed. Then she went on to prescribe some interesting rituals for me to do, like place certain pictures around my room, give thanks to the spirits who are healing me etc... It all made sense.

I am not clear of the symptom I went to the Shaman for though. Still have the health issue. It could just take more time. OR I wonder if maybe it didn't work at all.

I hate to think a spiritual person would do that! I am a trusting person though, I usually assume everyone is honest. So I thought I would post here to see what you thought.

Hopefully someone has comments on this subject.

Blessings and Thank you!!

Gracey :)

Sophie

I have a couple of questions:

1. was she a real shaman, or a lady who practices shamanistic techniques? Not the same thing. Generally accepted now that real shamans are from traditional cultures. Shamanistic techniques tend to be adapted for Western consumption - depending on the practitioner, they can be very helpful.

I had some healing done that way, which has proved invaluable (by a woman who trained in shamanistic techniques with traditional shamans in Latin America and Africa, and adapted their learning to her own psychological/astrological background). I also had to perform some symbolic acts. I have found that the healing has gone on with time - as though it needed that time to deploy itself in me. It's not a miracle cure, I still have issues, but I am getting better in the areas I was blocked in.

2. Have you any idea what drew you there, or was it an experiment? Did you go for physical or psychological symptoms? Have any of the symptoms you do know about healed, or are getting better?

I'm not an expert, but I do know that any kind of healing depends on suspension of disbelief, and on openness - this kind of healing most of all. I participated in a small (3 people) workshop. One of the 3 was very resistant, and she naturally got less out of it than I did, or the other participant.

TheOld

there's not black and white, work or didn't work, there's degree everywhere so don't assume that it will have cure complettly after the single session, times is need.
Also Shamanism is an holistic view so the Spiritual self need to be heal and sometimes it take times, you have to do your part cause the shaman is only a helper...
and Yes the Trust/faith is verry important cause if you have an intervention with a closed mind it can't work, there's will be block that will prevent the healing.

I also suggest that you recontact the Shaman in question to explain him your view/fear/doubt cause there's a process in work with him and in doing so you will open yourself to him; that will give you more possibilities to heal.

Openning, Allow, Receiving is a big key in healing
Omeada

Elven

hI :)

Im just underlining what Helvetica and TheOld have said about believing and being open to Healing.
I believe we can heal ourselves, but sometimes its more difficult to remove the blockages that allow our own mechanisms and process' to take place.
Fear and doubt can be blockages which act like obsticles to healing.
A Shaman has your best interests in mind at all times. They are guided to your ailment and know which 'medicine' is the most appropriate for you, they are aware of blockages, part of their healing initiation and training relys on their ability to pierce and go beyond the veil of what prevents you from being totally healthy and aligned naturally.

Gracey said:
I am not clear of the symptom I went to the Shaman for though. Still have the health issue. It could just take more time. OR I wonder if maybe it didn't work at all.

It may be worthwhile to speak to the Shaman again, to clarify your questions. Asking what type of results you might expect - changes you may experience and the time it might take for the process to occur. Just as you might ask anyone working on your mind, body, spirit.

Trust in yourself, and you can be guided to the right person for your healing 'activation'. Did you feel that that - (without 'doubt or fear') was the right person?

Have you been doing the rituals which were given to you? Have you 'felt' results? Sometimes these things maybe hard to gauge, maybe keeping a journal of this experience may help the process also.

My experiences have been varied - but also amazing - but results weren't instantanious. Depending on what needed attention, especially if they were emotional and not just physical - a situation of sorts had to be 'enacted' for me to 'see' that a healing had taken place. Life may bring a situation to you in which you are 'tested'. If you are healed its obvious to you, a change has taken place, you feel this healing on a deeper level. You change internally, emotionally, as well as there being a physical adjustment as well (but not necessarily always).

Once, I travelled from Australia to Equador to find a Shaman to help me. A very significant part of the process was in the 'journey' to find him. In the initial stages, I never thought I could find the right person. Blockages kept me under the impression that this was 'tedious' and that I'll just know who to go to. It took me several attempts to realize I was my own worst enemy - my blockages were quite happy to stay where they were and allow me to stay stuck in my life guiding me to people who (for me) I actually 'didnt' feel 100% right going to see! The 'journey' was a realization in itself. If you feel that what you've experienced hasnt 'worked' for you, seek more answers, look within first to find out why and ask lots of questions!! :) Keep seeking for the right 'medicine' you need. When you find it you'll know for sure :)

Best of luck on your healing journey! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Gracey

Hello,

Thank you so much!!

No, I think she is not a real shaman, just a woman practicing shamanistic techniques.

I found her over the internet because I am interested in past lives effects on my health because I have been ill since birth. Over the course of my life I have done all kinds of rituals, ancient diets, fasts, cleanses, etc... My house looks like a medical/health library. So it wasn't really an experiment, it is a desperate need to curre myself that caused me to try her.

The stories she told me were amazing and scary. They make sense though.

I did not finish all my 'homework' from her, maybe that is whay It has not helped yet.

I will do that today. I need to get some pictures of elephants, get some oak and willow leaves, meditate on certain things, use neem oil on my joints, and feed the spirits. Wow. Lot to do!!

I did email her again. I said I was still in the same condition, but that I hadn't finished the tasks yet. So I just received a CD of the reading today, so maybe she is giving me sometime alone to allow the healings to take effect and listen to her CD before she responds.

I dunno. I hope it works.

Thank you for all your help!!
Gracey :)

Umbrae

Sometimes you go to the doctor, or the hospital. They hook you up to all kinds of instruments, and perhaps if you’re lucky – even the machine that goes “Beep.”

Sometimes they cut you open – rearrange your body parts. Sometimes they don’t even put back everything that was there in the first place! “Hey, look at this gall-bladder – she won’t be needing this…” Sometimes they do this with really bad music playing in the background.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes you die.

Sometimes it’s amazing and scary (“okay, you’re going to feel some discomfort…”).

Sometimes our lives are out of balance…
Elven said:
Once, I travelled from Australia to Equador to find a Shaman to help me. A very significant part of the process was in the 'journey' to find him. In the initial stages, I never thought I could find the right person. Blockages kept me under the impression that this was 'tedious' and that I'll just know who to go to. It took me several attempts to realize I was my own worst enemy - my blockages were quite happy to stay where they were and allow me to stay stuck in my life guiding me to people who (for me) I actually 'didnt' feel 100% right going to see! The 'journey' was a realization in itself.
There is much wisdom in Elven’s words.

zorya

your shamanic healer was most likely certified by michael harner's foundation.

the reason i say this, is she used the phrase 'soul retrieval'.

while shamanic healers have been retrieving souls for, more than likely, thousands of years, harner's foundation have gotten the phrase 'soul retrieval' trademarked, so only those who've taken their classes and have been certified by them, may legally use it.

i think it wise to express your concerns to her, both for yourself and for her sake

i would certainly try doing her 'homework'. to grossly simplify, it's important to take part in your own healing as well. healing requires energy to flow. just receiving causes energy to sit and stagnate.

imho, one who does shamanic healing is simply a 'go between' between the person needing healing and the powers-that-be/great spirit/god(ess)/spirit healers. the one on the shamanic journey can travel between realities and.. for lack of better words... channels the healing.

generally speaking, it's the powers-that-be that decide what happens and what needs healing, and even perhaps, what is best not healed right now.

zorya

because this topic is not about crystals and herbs, this thread will be moved to the spirituality board.

the spirituality board is accessible to subscribers only, so i will leave the thread here for 24 hours so our non-subscribers may read the replies.

bright blessings,
zorya

Netzach

Gracey said:
I am interested in past lives effects on my health because I have been ill since birth. Over the course of my life I have done all kinds of rituals, ancient diets, fasts, cleanses, etc... My house looks like a medical/health library. So it wasn't really an experiment, it is a desperate need to curre myself that caused me to try her.

This is the most important point. You have been ill for a long time and you have tried all sorts of cures. So you cannot expect this therapy - no matter how effective - to work overnight. Be patient. If you feel that it's helping, stick with it. My husband's a homoeopath and homoeopaths tell patients that, for a complete cure, you may need up to one month of treatment for every year of illness. These things take time and your body has to get used to functioning normally in a way that will prevent it from relapsing again.

As far as your faith in the therapy is concerned, it's not really that important. It's my experience (as a therapist) that patients can usually pick out the therapy that's going to help them - but that doesn't mean that they've got to believe in something in order for it to work. Both my husband and I are healers and sometimes we'll offer healing to someone we've met who's suffering from a migraine or backache or whatever. And sometimes they'll say "I don't believe in that". To which we reply "That doesn't matter - we're the one's who have to believe in it!" And, nine times out of ten, they'll respond to the healing, despite their scepticism. So as long as you're not actively blocking the treatment (willing it not to work, consciously or unconsciously) it doesn't matter whether you deeply believe.

Your description of the treatment you've had so far suggests that you are benefitting from it in some ways. Remember that the symptoms and the problems that you've had longest will be the last to go. Give it time.

I wish you luck - and good health

TheOld

zorya said:
your shamanic healer was most likely certified by michael harner's foundation.

the reason i say this, is she used the phrase 'soul retrieval'.

while shamanic healers have been retrieving souls for, more than likely, thousands of years, harner's foundation have gotten the phrase 'soul retrieval' trademarked, so only those who've taken their classes and have been certified by them, may legally use it.

Soul retrieval is a phrase i use a lot in shamanic work and i'm sure other shaman do it also. and there's a special place on my body where i put all the trademarked LOL...
never take anything granted whitout real solid proof !!!!
Omeada