Who here does Reiki??

Fairyheart

Hi all,

I'm very interested in doing a Reiki course and was wondering if someone here could tell me a little bit more about Reiki?

Moonbow

Hi Fairyheart

This is not a subject for the Talking Tarot so will probably be moved (perhaps to Spirituality which is a subscriber forum).

The best information about Reiki is probably on the internet. But my advise would be to find a Master Teacher who you connect with. The school where I was taught do monthly sharing circles for people to attend and find out more before signing up and parting with any money. Perhaps you could find a school in your area which does the same.

Here are a few links to sites that should tell you more about Reiki and what to expect:

http://reiki.7gen.com/

http://www.reiki.org/

huredriel

I'm waiting to do this too, but the person who is going to do it has asked me to wait until she gets someone else to pair up with me :(

Sulis

Hi Fairyheart,

As Moonbow* has pointed out, this is not really a subject suitable for the Talking Tarot forum so it will be moved to Spirituality in 24 hours.

Sulis - co-moderator - Talking Tarot

Webwitch

Reiki is a system of energy transference. It can be used for healing.

I have done both western lineage (Dr. Chujiro Hayashi/Hawayo Takata/Dr. Barbara Weber Ray, Beth Gray and Phyllis Furumoto) and eastern lineage (Dr. Chujiro Hayashi/Chiyoko Yamaguchi/Tadao Yamaguchi), I prefer the eastern lineage (Jikiden) as a method of working, but the most common is the western lineage.

Investigate both and see which you would prefer.

If you can find Reiki exchange groups, do join them as it will enhance your experience. I often use Reiki in place of meditation - and pets love it, too.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

December Fairy

I have been initiated into all three levels. My daughter was initiated into Reiki I when she was 5, 10 years ago. I would just say do a search and read everything you can about it. You will get a better feel to know if it's something you really want to do.
We have lived in several places. I loved my New Mexico Reiki experiences. There was a wonderful Reiki community there. If you can find a weekly Reiki group to meet with, I say go for it. You will get lots of practice and you will also receive and learn even more.

Alta

I will comment that as Fairyheart is not a subscriber, she can't read this or respond.

HOLMES

thanks marion

i will email her the necessary files, links , pictures, and make myself aviable :)