Who's on the Tractor?

Phoenix Rising

My mum lives on her parents farm, both her parents have died, her father nearly a year ago now. So mum and dad have taken over the daily running of the farm, although they only have a few cows and calfs to worry about.

A couple of months ago my father bought 2 tractors. One old dungy looking one, which is the one he uses mostly, ,mainly because he doesn't want the newer looking one to get dirty...my dad has a thing about vehicles, he owns 4, and would buy more if he could.

Last week mum heard what she thought was the "Water pump" and then went outside to take a look and the tractor had started on it's own? A few days later, my cousin was outside having a cigarette, looking into the paddock where the tractor was, and it started on it's own again, they both of course were a bit stunned. Unless there is a very good explanation for this happening. My mum and cousin both looked after my grandfather before he died.

Another thing is 6 months ago a stray homing pigeon adopted itself to my mum. She is even able to go and touch and hold it. A few weeks ago before going to Sydney for a week she went to visit her fathers gravesite 15km from her home, as it was the first time she had left NZ, so I guess she just wanted to ask "Watch over me while I'm away" When she came back to her car, the pigeon was sitting on the car. She left the gravesite and when she got home the pigeon was sitting there waiting. Even days after my grandfather died, there was a "Bird" that would fly into his bedroom every morning.

Not only that, my brother also bought home a stray puppy a week before my grandfather died and that Dog is so protective of my mum. My dad was in Iraq alot of the time, so she had her Dog to watch over her as well.

The Dog tried many times to chase the Pigeon away, Bird doesn't have a cage, but the pigeon is not fussed by the Dog at all, so the Dog has given up on it now.

So I think my Grandfather is looking over her and making sure the farmwork gets done, by starting the Tractor...lol! :laugh:

Moongold

What a beautiful story.

Self-starting tractors are not at all common. It is probably your Grandfather. There is probably no more distinct way he could pass on the message.

The Pigeon also. I think my cats over the years ( I have only had two) have also been little Guardians from the spirit world.

Thanks for sharing that PR. :)

Kate

Rosanne

Hi Phoenix Rising! Well talk about imprints on Cards! You grandad sure left his imprint on the Farm. He was probally telling your dad to bleed the the Motor lol. There must be something that needs doing, that he has been trying to get across to everyone and that was the most obvious way to do it. I Bet it gave everyone a start. Your dad sounds as if he was an Engineer Corp man hehe all those vehicles :party: I gather from my friends the only bird that you should be worried about is the Fantail- not pigeons. Interesting if there is a ring on its leg- but if it is a woodpigeon- get a photo and sell it to the New Zealand National Geographic. My great Aunt who was a spinster seems to hang around the place- and quite often unclogs my sewing machine for me, so protective family memebers are no surprise. I enjoyed your story. ~Rosanne