Anyone working with Lenormand or Kippercards?

catlin

Hi there,

anyone working with either one or both of the above mentioned decks? I used to work with them a lot about 10 years ago but then I found tarot much deeper and richer in expression but now I wanted to give either Kipper or Lenormand cards another try.

redfairy

hi catlin

catlin said:
Hi there,

anyone working with either one or both of the above mentioned decks? I used to work with them a lot about 10 years ago but then I found tarot much deeper and richer in expression but now I wanted to give either Kipper or Lenormand cards another try.

Hi
I'm wanting to start working with Lenormand...but i'm waiting for the LWB(!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!)
no, actually, i am waiting for the deck first, then i want to do the readings intuitively since it's so difficult to find english books on this system!
see ya around!
red

MareSaturni

Yes, i work with Lenormand...i'm a begginner (just an year of practice) but always willing to learn more :)

michellemd

me too

looking forward to joining in... i want to learn the lenormand method...raring to go!!!

BrightEye

catlin,

When I was at home in Germany this summer I bought a little deck called 'Mystisches Lenormand'. Have you come across these? They are (I think) the original L cards reimagined, with fairytale-like scenes. They are gorgeous, but I know almost nothing about them. They are very small too and I haven't done many readings with them. The readings I did seemed somewhat flat. Glad to exchange notes though if you want to pursue this.

catlin

Mystisches Lenormand

Hi there,
The Mystisches Lenormand was released last year. It is by Regula Fieger (text) and U. Tröscher (artist). I think it is the nicest Lenormand clone currently available. As far as I know it is only available in German.

I am normally not so fond of Lenormand any more but have developed a new taste for the cards thanks to this deck.

Elven

Yah!! Found the thread catlin ;) thankyou!!

I have just started a study book on the cards in which I read the LWB, and it suggested, to write down all the cards and my first impressions from the cards.
I did this and in all but two cards i had at least one keyword i had intuitively chosen. In some I had 4 & 5! I was surprised - but the illustrations help alot!!! They are easy to connect with as far as picking up what they are representing.

I then did a full deck spread and loved the way the cards are dealt from the bottom of the deck. (I love using the bottom cards to outlay spreads instead of the top cards :))

I really enjoyed doing the study and using the spread and outlay methods. It took me a bit of time to realize how to read the horizontals, verticals, and diagonals - but i think with a bit of practise - I'll get it!!

I was pleased to read (in the LWB) it sometimes took Mdme Lenormand a day to interpret a spread properly :bugeyed: I dont feel bad at all not getting the reading interpretation happening straight off LOL!!! :D

Apparently there is also a larger book which comes with these cards 280 pages - which explains the combinations of cards. But the shop didnt have it in stock :( Im sure this would be a great help with these cards.

I also read that there is also a deck being done by the same author and artist - Mystical Kipper - these would be interesting too!

This deck is a great introduction to Mdme lenormand cards!! (INHO) :D

Im not sure Id like to post up a 36 card spread though!! LOL!!! ;)

Many Blessings
Elven x

catlin

Hi Elven,
Thanks for sharing with us. I don't know if there is an English translation of the book for the Mystisches Lenorman already out. I still have not seen the Mystische Kipperkarten (just the normal ones) as far as I know they are still in progress.

Elven

Hi catlin :)

Thats a pity! I was going to look around for the book in the next week :(
Possibly, its why the cards are so inexpensive here?

Would another Mdme Lenormand book do - do you think?

Blessings
Elven x

catlin

Hi Elven,
Of course you can use any other Lenormand book for the Mystische L.