The Empress when does it mean "Mother"?

Sienna

Fellow Taraholics!

I am trying to get pregnant at the moment, my last three Celtic Cross readings have resulted in the final outcome card being the Empress! However I am not pregnant yet. I also had the other fertility cards such as The Sun, The Star, Ace of Wands and Page of Cups which all refer to children in the spreads! (I wonder if I am losing it!)

Also how often does one perform a Celtic Cross spread? I have been told that its strictly for a six month reading, however, as I am taraholic I usually perform one once a week!

Also I have been told by my Grandmother and my mother that "its bad luck" to do your own readings! Is this just a Romany superstition?

Sorry to bombard you all with questions, but its just so great to be able to talk tarot!

Look forward to some clarity!
Siennax

Thirteen

It is not bad luck to do your own readings--but many readers find it hard to be objective enough to do their own readings. You are, after all, bias--that is, in this case, you WANT the cards to say you'll be pregnant, and so you see that in your readings. But are you being objective or prejudicial?

Remember that the cards predict the future up to around 30-60 days. You're not pregnant now, but you may be in 30-60 days.

As for how many times you can do a spread--you can certainly do a major spread, like the CC, weekly (with a single daily card for daily advise if you like). But you need to ask a different question if you're going to do it weekly. If you keep asking the same question, then you're taxing the poor cards. They've answered--give them at least a month before you ask again and, er, don't stop trying ;)

Azarial

I believe that it all depends on the context of your question as to how long the particular spread you do would last.

I believe that you can do 50 celtic cross spreads a day just so it's a different question for each spread. If you continue to ask the same question over and over again, you tend to get muddled results.

It's perfectly fine to read for yourself so long as you can be nonobjective about the reading. I think it's great experience to help develop your skills as a reader.

~Azarial~

WalesWoman

Sienna,
You know how hard it is to read your own cards, especially when you are obsessing a bit about something? It's the same way when it comes to getting pregnant... the more anxious you are... the less likely it will happen. Instead of trying to get pregnant, maybe try not to and then get careless one night, tell yourself, I'm safe... it worked for me every time.

And it doesn't matter how often you do spreads about getting pregnant, it takes more than doing spreads ... I mean readings, to become the Empress.

Good luck, I hear it's beneficial for guys to wear loose fitting underware, like boxer shorts and loose jeans/pants and to avoid alcohol and marijuana... that those make sperm counts lower.

Perhaps what the Empress was trying to tell you, is to do things to create a fertile, nurturing enviroment, making your body a lush place to grow... stressing and obsessing is not one of them.

PlatinumDove

I agree with Waleswoman's interpretation. Look at how the Empress is sitting, she's relaxed, she's calm...she's not stressing. Remember, pregnancy and pre-pregnancy is about not stressing! Stress has such adverse reactions on your body.

I wish I could be that way, nice, and calm, waiting the last few weeks till Jaidyn's appearance into the world. The Empress knows that everything is happening just as it is meant to.

Grizabella

The "Empresses" here have given you great advice and maybe that's what the cards actually were indicating for you------that these ladies here were going to be of help to you. Stress, tension and anxiety cause many changes in the hormones and enzymes in your body and that can make getting pregnant harder . I'm a grandmother who had four kids and now has a bunch of grandkids. One thing I know for sure is that God/Goddess sends his little bundles of joy when the time is right------not our time but His/Hers. Relax and know that when the exact time is right, that little one is going to come to reside with you. And the little one will be born at just the exact time and place that's ordained for him or her (or them?) to be born, too---it's all a beautiful miracle.

Sienna

Thanks to one and all!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Just for further clarification I did do a general reading with no specific question and again the Empress came out in the final position! So I guess they are trying tell me something!! But its great to have everyone's views especially about the "Bad Luck" thing - I come from a very superstitious family.

Take care and I wish you all Clarity.

Siennax

FaerieSage

Sienna said:
Fellow Taraholics!

I am trying to get pregnant at the moment, my last three Celtic Cross readings have resulted in the final outcome card being the Empress! However I am not pregnant yet. I also had the other fertility cards such as The Sun, The Star, Ace of Wands and Page of Cups which all refer to children in the spreads! (I wonder if I am losing it!)

Also how often does one perform a Celtic Cross spread? I have been told that its strictly for a six month reading, however, as I am taraholic I usually perform one once a week!

Also I have been told by my Grandmother and my mother that "its bad luck" to do your own readings! Is this just a Romany superstition?

Sorry to bombard you all with questions, but its just so great to be able to talk tarot!

Look forward to some clarity!
Siennax

Perhaps you're not losing it, but instead being too literal. Perhaps you are to start a very special creative project. As opposed to baby in the human literal sense, you will have a baby in the figurative sense of a loved project (i.e. This book is my baby). Not that you couldn't be getting pregnant in the near future, but it seems that if you're not pregnant, look at new projects that you've either started or are going to.

As for the bad luck part, I'd heard that too. I also had once heard to have a deck for reading for you and have one for reading for others. I never adhered to either, but it can be "bad luck" to read for oneself if you cannot separate yourself from the question. If you can separate you the reader from you the querent, there shouldn't be a problem. But if I have an especially sensitive question, I ask someone else to read for me.

Dulcimer

You didn't mention exactly what question you asked. The Final Outcome position in the CC refers to the outcome of the cycle determined by your question. In this case the cycle would be "getting pregnant". Not knowing what the positions the other cards you mentioned fall into - and possibly more telling would be those cards not involved in fertility - it would be difficult to give advice on the reading. However, The Empress appearing twice in the Final Outcome (for the same question?) I think is a dead giveaway that the cards are saying that you will become pregnant in due course - as the cycle of your question resolves itself. I would watch for The Empress appearing in either the Near Future, or better still, in the Present Situation position as an indication of an actual pregnancy.
A point to consider about doing readings daily or even weekly is that the interpretations will become weakened. Especially of the "what will happen to me today" variety. For example, The Lightning Struck Tower frequently appearing in a daily reading is unlikely to refer to the same devastating experience as one appearing in a less frequent reading. But how could you tell? Perhaps that is why it is "unlucky" to do more than one reading a day.