Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Your Altar

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Spirituality

Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

It's lovely Carla, elegant and balanced.
Top   #81
Citizen

Winterchild 
Writing Slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfoil View Post
A writing slope:

http://www.georgekidner.co.uk/auctio...77/large/3.jpg

They fold up to make a box and were portable writing desks in the 18th and 19th C.

I still use mine on my larger alter, it had no internal writing area when I found it so works well for storing lots of my bits a pieces in.
That looks very much like ours... does yours have the secret compartments?
Top   #82
The last in line

Disa 

Here's my Altar
Attached Images

Top   #83
Citizen

Bhavana 

Here is my bedroom altar, it's on the top of a small dresser. In the close up photo, the tiny shell to the left of the brass bell was sent to me from Hawaii by Debra, and the lotus flower is made of shells also. The framed print in the background is a vintage tinted photo of a monastery in California. There is also a shelf above, but up there I just have a plant...and some of my rosaries hanging down. The owl drawing to the left was just given to me by one of my nieces. I also keep some of my bigger crystals here. The kids rearrange things all the time...

Sometimes I think it is too colorful, and I need to tone things down, calm it down a little...but no matter how hard I try to be more neutral, color has a way of seeping into my life. I am thinking of setting up a meditation/yoga area in my bedroom, and will move the altar to a lower table I have that is made from a ship hatchcover. I'd also like to get a stone buddha, maybe one that is a little bigger.

ETA - the salt rock candle holder was given to me by a member here that lives close by me - I love it so much!
Attached Images

Top   #84
The last in line

Disa 

It's beautiful, Bhavana. I don't think it's too colorful at all. It's very peaceful.
Top   #85
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 

Oh, Bhavana, your altar is so pretty! I wish I could lay out some crystals like that but my cats would use them as toys.
Top   #86
Citizen

Carla 

Bhavana, it is beautiful!! I want to increase my crystal collection. But my altar space is very small, I don't have much space to display things, and I can't abide an overcrowded display (for me personally). Yours is lovely.
Top   #87
Citizen

Winterchild 
Crystals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Owl View Post
Oh, Bhavana, your altar is so pretty! I wish I could lay out some crystals like that but my cats would use them as toys.
My cats do this.... I must take photos of my reading space and altar.... I found my camera this morning (in my 11 year old daughters room..... *nothing* is sacred!!)

Loving the photo's....
Top   #88
Citizen

Bhavana 

I have one of those very strange cats who does not climb up on counters or tables. But if something drops onto the floor, it becomes her toy.

Carla, I don't like crowded or cluttered spaces either! I just love clean clear zen like spaces....I'd love nothing more than to eliminate 95% of my "stuff" and make my home more serene visually. Not easy to do, though. And since I never know where to start, and have such a hard time deciding what to let go, I just do nothing.....(((sigh)))....and the stuff just keeps piling up.
Top   #89
Citizen

Bhavana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa View Post
Here's my Altar
I must have missed this post when I was on last night -
very nice! Love the native american touches, and that altar cloth is beautiful!
Top   #90

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.