Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

What about growing it in a vine or red creeper which would change colour with the seasons? The craft (no pun intended) of making a wicker framework to train the plant around and the tending of the plant would make this living symbol quite wonderful.

Just a thought.
Top   #71
Citizen

sharpchick 

How creative. . . I could make a frame of sorts, perhaps of grapevine and tack it up, allowing a vine planted next spring to cling to it.

What a marvelous idea. . . I'll ponder on this one.
Top   #72
ravenator

ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpchick
Here's a photo of my garden altar, which faces east. You can't tell it in the photo, but directly over the altar is a clearing in the pine trees, which are 30' to 40' tall. When the moon is full, there is about a 20 minute period of time when a shaft of moonlight cascades down on the altar.
I like that, it reminds me of one here, although much larger (built for a festival) We put in wood uprights like your quarters but put large polished slabs of marble and granite on top (got them as off cuts from kitchen bench place - about $20 each).

I LOVE pine trees, the shape, noise, smell ! I can imagine looking up and seeing the moon thru the pine shadows.
Top   #73
ravenator

ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfoil
What about growing it in a vine or red creeper which would change colour with the seasons? The craft (no pun intended) of making a wicker framework to train the plant around and the tending of the plant would make this living symbol quite wonderful.

Just a thought.
A great thought!

The connection to nature, the colour in the rite, the natural incense of the bloom. I am imagining some amazing weaving of special shapes in that frame.

Several years ago in our large outdoor circle we made a central mound, this was devided into the four quarters and plants were planted with a flower the color of that elemental quarter. In the very centre was a raised flat part planted with lawn camomile and devided from the four quarters with upright river stones like a min-stonehenge.
Top   #74
Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

All this has made me start to think more carefully about my own little outside space.

Hmmmm . . .
Top   #75
Citizen

AJ 

Milfoil, do you still use your little slope desk as an altar? It is beautiful.
Top   #76
Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

Yes, it has pride of place on my altar and holds all those special things which come to me. It can be taken with me if I need to and always reminds me of those first steps towards making the sacred visible in my home.
Top   #77
Citizen

Bhavana 

What is a little "slope" desk? I have a Queen Anne desk that has the wood front that drops down for writing on, behind it all the little slots and crevices, I guess for storing writing supplies...
Top   #78
Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

A writing slope:

http://www.georgekidner.co.uk/auctio...77/large/3.jpg

They fold up to make a box and were portable writing desks in the 18th and 19th C.

I still use mine on my larger alter, it had no internal writing area when I found it so works well for storing lots of my bits a pieces in.
Top   #79
Citizen

Carla 

This is my altar.
Attached Images

Top   #80
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.