Hallowquest Lesson 19

Aerin

Spear Maiden, Spear 2 and Spear 3 - first read through descriptions at start of Lesson!!! As previously, have posted questions, tasks and meditation outline for easy reference when *embarrased cough* posting ones findings. I am away again this weekend (work) so will probably catch up on my posts next week (having carefully planned my week, see Task 2).

Questions:

1. Which areas of your life are seriously devita;lised? Bring your findings to the Spear Maiden and ask for guidance

2. Focus on one factor in your life that requires unblocking: what personal resources can you bring to this task?

3. How can you bring your personal skills together in a dynamic synthesis?

4. What do you find most easy about meditation?

Tasks:

1. Noon day dedication, to reconnect with the Spear

2. Plan for the coming week efficiently.... Also be prepared for the unexpected

Meditation:

From Spear Castle, to Spear Maiden, and then to Spear 2 and then Spear 3.

Aerin

Aerin

1. Which areas of your life are seriously devita;lised? Bring your findings to the Spear Maiden and ask for guidance. - Organising my inner and outer worlds. I want to bring more energy to this, and release my tendency to disorganise myself as a way of avoiding boredom - fitting more in instead. The Spear Maiden's advice is 'one step at a time: don't try and do it all at once'

2. Focus on one factor in your life that requires unblocking: what personal resources can you bring to this task? See above. My knowledge of 'how' to do it.

3. How can you bring your personal skills together in a dynamic synthesis? By focusing more.

4. What do you find most easy about meditation? Entering a dream like meditative state, being able to visualise and let go.

Tasks:

1. Noon day dedication, to reconnect with the Spear. Have done this occassionally, it does help to focus

2. Plan for the coming week efficiently.... Also be prepared for the unexpected. Clears throat. OK, didn't manage this as well as I would have liked for last week, I'm still being overambitious with how much I'll get done: I will add it into this week.

Aerin

witchychris

Questions

1) Which areas of your life are seriously devitalised? My work life feels pretty devitalised at present. I seem to be always at work but this area of my life feels like it is stagnating. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut but don't know how to get out. Or, maybe I just need to find a fresh perspective so that the rut eases.
Getting organised and stopping procrastinating will help clear the decks and get rid of the feeling of drowning under everything. Maybe this would ease the problem or at least give some breething space to see the wood for the trees.

2) Focus on one factor in your life that requires unblocking: what personal resources can you bring to this task? See above. My admin skills to achieve the above but also draw on the help that my wife would be more that happy to give in doing this.

3) How can you bring your personal skills together in a dynamic synthesis? Get back the feeling that took me down this life path in the first place. Remember why I used to enjoy it so much. Get my enthusiasm back. In short get my mojo back.

4) What do you find easiest about meditation? Difficult question to answer. I can probably identify what I find hardest much more easily and that is shutting out disctractions (cars driving past, people talking outside etc. etc)

Planning the week has helped a lot but I still have more work to do on this.

PathWalker

Spear Maiden, Spear Two and Spear Three - Pathwalker

1. Which areas of your life are seriously devitalised? Bring your findings to the Spear Maiden and ask for guidance.

Weight and exercise
Study
Stitching

2. Focus on one factor in your life that requires unblocking: what personal resources can you bring to this task?

My first thought is about being physically more active, so I'm following this...
I have very recently started taking more walking exercise. I think I could set up a alarm on my 'phone to make me get up at a certain time every week day. I'm logging my exercise on a site that accurately measures your routes.
I'm being more concsious of ALL that I eat, and trying to recognise the reasons that I sometimes eat.
I could go out on the evening dog walks mnore often.
*I think being more active would have other beneficial effects mental as well as physical.

3. How can you bring your personal skills together in a dynamic synthesis?
Do what???? :bugeyed:

4. What do you find most easy about meditation?

I find I can speak out loud, as if it was a story unfloding - but I don't have a voice recorder, which might be helpful. I do also have plenty of time in which I could (but often don't) meditate.

Tasks:

1. Noon day dedication, to reconnect with the Spear

2. Plan for the coming week efficiently.... Also be prepared for the unexpected

Meditation:

From Spear Castle, to Spear Maiden, and then to Spear 2 and then Spear 3.

ETA - The meditation was quite fun, what a freindly, bubbly character I found the Spear Maiden :) Some of the points raised suprised me or have me puzzling; the re-emergence of an old symbol which I was never sure I understood when it came up before (as in, before I started the Hallowquest study) but I'm now primed with a couple of other things to read to try and cast light on the matter, and have a simple solution to try in the meantime (in case I'm over analysing).

Onwards...