Wicca Pack - Nemesis (Lessons)

MareSaturni

Wicca Pack - NEMESIS (Lessons)

We are still having a really interesting discussion at the Serpent thread, but i thought that we could already start another card.

This time a card that, both times i drew a card for an exercise, it showed up: Nemesis. I think she requests some attention from us ;)

NEMESIS

This card shows a woman dressed in a garment that looks like fire. She is in the middle of a forest, standing over a white, shiny Solar Cross. There are flames around it as well.
Nemesis has three eyes and is crowned wit leaves. Above her head a triple symbol floats. She hold an apple in her left hand, and a bowl in her right hand.
There's a raven-looking bird being her.

This card is full of symbolisms. According to the book, Nemesis is related to karma and lessons to be learnt. In my Greek Mythology book, Nemesis is the goddess that punishes those who act evilly and protect the victims and the just people.
Pantheon.org has some info on Nemesis too.

So...any insights?

MareSaturni

Just...bringing the topic back to life :)

~Yuko

Tarotphelia

Is this then the Goddess of Payback ? I like that idea. But then again, that would probably start off a vicious karmic cycle . I get the impression this lady represents a justice force that sooner or later puts a boulder in the path of those who have nothing better to do than screw innocent people over . But perhaps the dark side of this card is that when you least expect it , some energetic pain in the backside could be out to get you ? Is the lesson that we can't we can't escape them and have to learn to overcome or transcend them?

MareSaturni

Dark Inquisitor said:
Is this then the Goddess of Payback ? I like that idea. But then again, that would probably start off a vicious karmic cycle . I get the impression this lady represents a justice force that sooner or later puts a boulder in the path of those who have nothing better to do than screw innocent people over . But perhaps the dark side of this card is that when you least expect it , some energetic pain in the backside could be out to get you ? Is the lesson that we can't we can't escape them and have to learn to overcome or transcend them?

That's pretty much what i think. I don't think it's that cyclething - or else we would never have a chance to evolve. It's the goddess that shows those who screw others over that such things do come back and also the one who shows us the lessons, what we need to overcome, in order to leave this karmic cycle and...go on.

Some people never understand their lessons...we see people that stay forever crying over the same spilled milk, or carrying the same hate in their hearts. Forever bound to a vicious cycle, unless they learn and start a new path.

And the people that insist in being bad to innoent ones...well...i think they will have a hard time at learning anything. They will need harder, probably more painful lessons...none of the paths are easy, but some people just make everything worse.