What about the book to the Medieval Scapini Deck?

firemaiden

Do you have it?
Did you learn something from it?
Is it good/useful/interesting/fun?
Do you recommend it?
Does it enhance use of the deck very much?
How did you get ahold of it?
Does Tarotgarden have it?

Umbrae

Yes.
Yes.
Very.
Yes. Highly.
Yes, and all the rest in your collection.
Bookstore.
Tarotgarden only sells decks. Not books.

:smoker:

Cerulean

I've seen it at different bookstores...

but I've had it ever since U.S. Games had it on it's website.

Ronald Decker is as great an author as most of the thoughtful card collectors who love history and card decks in many forms. He probably read through many reviews and all of Scapini's known work, as well as others, to explain the funny and delicious details in that nice tarot deck.

I'm afraid by the time I read Decker's book, I had read lots of other tarot-based texts. So it wasn't new to me in terms of the information, but I enjoyed it. Of course I recommend it!

I've preferred first to read Scapini's own words to his deck designs, but his Medieval booklet was too brief for me.

My own preference for the Scapini commentary and designs in the Romeo and Juliet and Stained Glass Tarot are just choices in comparison. I play with those both decks more often than the Medieval. The Medieval is fine and probably the easiest reading deck. I just have other choices to enjoy and prefer them. In fact, I think the Stained Glass as a reading deck with Scapini's work is my current favorite.

Regards,

Cerulean

tmgrl2

I bought it! I read it! I like it very much...I need to revisit it.

Haven't used the deck, much, but liked the book.

Shall revisit the book now that you have put it back on my radar.

Don't remember where I bought it...or if it came with the deck

terri

kwaw

With a book recommendation from Umbrae I have to have a copy: just ordered it - cost $10 including p&p from abebooks.

Kwaw

Rosanne

I purchased this Book 'Art and Arcana' from the recommendation of Umbraes earlier thread. It has met all expectations. The things I like about it, apart from having the deck- the size is compact so I can read it in bed; I like the colour associations and those of other groups (even when I think differently as in GD); I like Art in Miniature and all the details of the cards explained; the sources list at the back(led me to book that was important to me); it is re -readable without preaching any of the cards meanings, so you can use your intuition with the deck. I give it a 4.5 out of 5. (don't believe in perfect scores :D) I have put the Deck aside to concentrate on another two projects, which in many ways is annoying to me. The deck has been growing in delight for sometime- but I cheat, I have the Book.~Rosanne

firemaiden

With Kwaw saying if Umbrae recommended it he had to have it, I had to have it.