• I am not psychic

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 78 44.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters

MoonLitCrystal

I am not anywhere close to having a neon sign on my front porch, or gazing into a crystal ball. I can't sit here and focus on a certain subject, and then tell you exactly what's going to happen. As much as I'd like to know the answers to certain questions in my own life, I can't even do that.

When I was younger, every once in a while I would get little flashes of intuition. I would know when something important was coming in the mail, or I could tell when the phone was about to ring. I kind of brushed this off (as many people do I'm sure) and figured it was a lucky guess.

Ever since last summer, it's like something clicked. I can sense when something terrible is going to happen. I almost had a panick attack and knew something was wrong the night our neighbor committed suicide. I kept getting a bad feeling about my friend (who I had lost touch with so I had no clue what was going on in her life) right before she called to tell me that her mom passed away.

I can also sense when some big plans are about to be made. I usually do all of my cleaning over the weekend, so when I get this strong urge to clean during the week I know that something will occupy my time that weekend. Once my parents called me up at the last minute to see if I'd go to Atlantic City NJ ( a 3 hour drive from my house) with them on a Sunday. Another time I got the cleaning urge plus a little bit of a bad feeling, and it turned out that our best friend's mom was badly injured at work. We spent all day Sunday at the hospital with her.

It's funny because like I said before, I couldn't predict things about myself to save my life. It's just random things that pop up and say, "Here I am! Pay attention to me!" I can't even really tell what the criteria is. 3 out of 4 times I predicted something, it was a bad thing. But I can't say that I can only predict bad things, because the trip with my parents was great. I suppose I could say that all of these things were life-altering for someone. (The Atlantic City trip was life-altering, because seeing a psychic there is what got my mom, aunt, and I into Tarot!)

I voted "not sure" because I honestly don't know if what I am is psychic. Hopefully I will continue to grow in my talents though :)

stella01904

(Sigh)..we are all psychic. Just not as developed as John Edward or James van Praaugh. So practice!

garfield

of course we are all psychic. Its just a matter of believing in it and learning more

FaerieStorm

Forgive me if someone has already stated this (I didn't take the time to read all 10 pages of responses).

First we must DEFINE what being psychic is. What is psychic awareness? What effects psychic awareness (internally and externally). Once these questions are answered, how can any of us answer this question?

Sorry, I took too many argumentation classes =) Define define define...

-FS-

stella01904

I'm going with "knowing something that can't be known by means of the physical senses." This is a simple and tidy definition that eliminates "chunking". ("Chunking" is subconsciously picking up subtle physical clues and arriving at a conscious realisation. It can FEEL like a psychic experience, but it's not.)

NightQueen

I am psychic/clairvoyant since about the age of 3 thats how far back i can remember, first my experineces began with dreams as i got older i had "visions" which look like a movie going in slow motion sort of like watching a projector movie some spirits will speak some dont they just show actions, I know of my ability as my dreams always came true and when i do either clarvoyant readings or combine with tarot all of my cleints have confirmed people that i have spoken of, when a spirit comes through its either with a message or they show me things they did in this lifetime what they most enjoyed doing, eating, wearing, any special things they said etc etc however everyday im still discovering my self more and more

Disa

I feel everyone is psychic but at different levels of development or awareness.

celticnoodle

like most of the others who have posted here, I have to say I'm not sure. I know most of my family members have psychic abilities, and I've had some crazy things happen to make me think I could be. I've had some luck reading the tarot and predicting things to happen that do come to be. I've had dreams of deceased loved ones telling me things that turn out to be accurate. I've even had some experiences with out of body travels - visiting w/loved ones elsewhere, and turned out I knew exactly what they were doing/saying when I was 'with them'. I've also had the experience of holding a metal object belonging to someone I did not know, and being able to tell this person all about herself---accurately. I've had a variety of experiences like this, but unfortunately, I cannot make them happen when I want them too- so, I'm not sure what it is.

Ffortiwn

I got very excited when I misread the thread title as Psychic Surgery. I look forward to starting or participating in such a discussion one day.

Red Emma

Psychic survey

celticnoodle said:
... I've also had the experience of holding a metal object belonging to someone I did not know, and being able to tell this person all about herself---accurately.

This is something which is kind of easy to do. I belonged to a small group of women who were developing spiritual awareness as well as their spirit life.

A friend of one of the women who attended one of our meetings showed us how to do a number of things, most of which I've forgotten. This one stuck with me. We'd each put a piece of jewelry in a bag, then take turns picking out one piece. If we held it, take a few deep breaths then closed our eyes, we'd be able to get feelings from, or a vision of something which represented the owner of the piece. Mostly it was quite accurate.

Actually it didn't have to be metal. One week one of the women brought some stones she and her mother had used in redesigning their garden. We each chose one stone then carried it around with us until the next meeting. These stones also had psychic imprints of the women who'd lived with them for a month.

Fascinating stuff.

By the way, celtic noodle, I like your name. Welcome to our group.

Blessings,

Red Emma