"The dark lord" - volume of the forbidden tarot

catlin

Hi there,
Just saw this one at my local book seller. Seems to be some kind of novel about or around a tarot deck, does anyone know more about it?

Edit: Oops, I just discovered that the thread is in the wrong section (guess tarot books & media would be more appropriate, so feel free to move it).

ShekinahMoon

I just saw it on Amazon.com and it is added to my long wish list :)

WolfSpirit

Here is an older thread with some info about it. I don't have it yet, but it might be an interesting read for the winter nights :) thanks for reminding me !

ShekinahMoon

Ok, I just read this part about the story line.

Rae is further rattled when a psychic who knew Michael's father tells her that he was killed by supernatural causes—and Rae's souvenir from her Egyptian vacation may have something to do with it. The Forbidden Tarot, Rae is told, is a deck of tarot with the ability to summon demons when looked upon. And Rae's sister had opened the deck and stared at the disturbing image of the snake, Typhon, the Devil. . .

*raising eyebrow*

I don't know. Does anybody know how Tarot as a subject is treated in this book?

catlin

Thanks guys for your input. I still have not picked up the book so I cannot say how tarot is treated in this novel.

Grigori

There was some unfriendly reviews for this book on Amazon, particularly relating to the way it discusses tarot :(

Mabuse

similia said:
There was some unfriendly reviews for this book on Amazon, particularly relating to the way it discusses tarot :(

I wouldn't be too surprised. The premise sounds a bit corny to me.