Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Milfoil

psychic sue said:
I was trying to find my way to the right classroom, but every floor looked the same. . . . I couldn't see one I recognised - the door I needed to go through.

ultimately, I have to find my way myself.

Sinchronistic again - in my dream above, I could not find my own room again after going to the bathroom (I went into someone elses room at one point), hence I found myself in the coridoor with a class of people which, although I knew I had paid for, the teacher would not help me. Somehow it was ok for them but not for me, I had to find my own way.

Milfoil

mingbop said:
well I'm not happy. All I dreamed about was that I was cleaning this huge building !!! lol I must be missing work !

Sounds like you are literally clearing away the debris from your life. I remember having such dreams a while back. I was always in some big old warehouse or similar with an overwhelming amount of clearing and cleaning to do.

Take note of what you were cleaning or throwing away, it will have a bearing on what you should be sorting out in waking life.

Milfoil

Well, last night I had another vivid (but not lucid) series of dreams. Each one contained the same basic metaphores and archetypes.

I had just found out that I was newly pregnant (thats not a medical possibility any more)

I had a young boy and a young girl, both aged about 6 or 7 with me.

I was with another woman, trying to find the right path amongst dozens of tracks, paths, bridges, roads, entrances, tunnels etc.

At one point we had walked along the side of a river, we needed to go downstream for some reason but we came to a great area of clear, blue water (like a tropical lagoon in colour) which fed a hydro-electric power plant. Where the placid water narrowed to go into the turbines it had turned into white water, all froth and energy.

I warned the other woman not to touch a smaller turbine which was not working, at that time, and at the moment she pulled away it flipped over and started working again!

I lead them along a concrete gangway then had to choose from many different ways, eventually we ended up in a small house but we could find no way out. I kept having to wait for the little boy. A tall, old, white haired man in a long black coat, carrying a doctors style bag appeared to be following me, I was nervous. He put his bag on the floor then smiled and started to walk away as though he had forgotten it. I went over to it, I wanted to look inside, he didn't try to stop me but then I was disturbed and
fell into another sleep/dream.

I was told/given two numbers 4/2 which I instantly knew (within the dream) to mean 6 months. The first two months something would be preparing, the remaining 4 months I would know and progress.

6 seems to be a recurring theme in my dreams so I tend to take notice.

Sophie-David

Finding the Right Room

psychic sue said:
Last night I was in a college building of some sort. I was trying to find my way to the right classroom, but every floor looked the same. I was trying to get to floor 3 but I was on floor 2 and then floor 4. I was walking down the corridors looking for the right door. Some were modern, some were old (like the wooden doors of an old study) but I couldn't see one I recognised - the door I needed to go through.

There was a concrete staircase (zig-zag type) with metal hand rails and posts. Lots of people were coming up and down them but no-one seemed to be able to help me. They would say "you are on the 4th floor you need the third" so I would go down a floor, and then it would be the 2nd. It was so frustrating.

I am thinking this is about looking for the right spiritual direction (as it was set in a college - a place of learning) - looking at old and new things but not finding the right one for me. Other people try to point me in the right direction, but ultimately, I have to find my way myself.
Yes, Sue, I quite agree on all points!

Interesting that it was the Third Floor that was missing. I would automatically associate the building with the body, and therefore the Third Floor is the Third or Solar Plexus Chakra. This is the fire burning within, the Inner Sun or Ego which too has a vital role to play in the path of growth, life's Great Work. Although equally beautiful and valuable, neither Embracing Relationship in the Fourth (Heart) Chakra nor the Dance of Duality in the Second (Sacral) Chakra can make up for positively energizing the Chariot of the Sun in the Third.

Over a period of many years, I too have had frustrating dreams of attending school or university. I seemed to be perpetually late and looking for the right room. Or looking in vain for the washroom - a creative outlet. These dreams have always been about spiritual growth. It is only in the last few months that I have started to become a teacher as well as a student, reflecting that perhaps I am beginning to understand the process, with the insight to find the right rooms - LOL!

And of course lately I found that Lady Death herself teaches at this school, teaching those young students - myself in fact. There is always so much to learn!

Sophie-David

Dreaming of Sixes

Milfoil said:
I wasn't sure if I should post this dream since I couldn't make sense of it but after reading Sophie-davids last post

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=799778#post799778

there are such similarities and truths there for me personally I felt it was worth posting my dream here.

I go to sleep with the single thought that I want to learn about my path in life.

I know I dreamed way more than this but the earliest bit I remember fully is being in an airport terminal waiting to leave. I am alone, happy and surrounded by other travellers. While waiting, there are a litter of puppies (all black labradors) which come running around us, sniffing and playing. My thought is to leave them until one chooses to come to me. 3 come over to me, I pet them then they run off. Finally a white pup with longer, curly fur (not like a labrador at all, more like an odd mongrel) comes to me, jumps up on my chair, on my knee and won't leave me. I feel the love and return it by petting and loving the little dog. (btw I don't own a dog)[/url] This is a wonderfully archetypal dream, and indeed there seems to be a lot of synchronicity going on lately. Neptune is now in retrograde for several months, and the dream world is likely going to continue to be very powerful.

The presence of the little dog is really synchronistic. At the time you posted this dream I had not added my note to the SG Encounters thread about the little dog in Clarissa's story. In the story, the dog represented the instinctual nature of the male suitor. To me, the airport with the other travellers suggests this ATF community.

Milfoil said:
Next, I have arrived at the other airport and the dog is still with me, no lead, it just follows me and stays with me. I seem to have brought a black bag with me which belongs to another woman. I give it to her but she doesn't even acknowledge me or thank me so I leave her and sit down.
The theme of the black bag shows up again in your next dream. It appears that it belongs to another woman, but I would suggest that the other woman is in fact an aspect of yourself. Perhaps ask the Tarot what the black bag represents, and what may be found within it. I think this item is quite important, especially since it recurrs.

Milfoil said:
Finally I arrive at a sort of school/hotel. It is a single story, new building set high up on a hill top and surrounded by beautiful gardens, trees etc. From my room I can see out of the window there is a massive (20 or 30 feet across) black disc, sort of like a big archery target but all black and with the number 6 pinned to it.
This is a wonderful image of a place of spiritual learning, like a temple set on high, a place of ascent. I can't help but think that this recurring six reflects on the Lovers. Not only does the Lovers refer to relationship and sexual intimacy, but to personal beliefs and values.

Milfoil said:
There are graves to the front of the building, each of these has a little black flag with the number 6 on it, some have several. I undress to take a shower and walk down the empty corridoor in my underwear to the bathroom but I can't remember if I showered or not - the bathroom was beautiful though.
What could the graves be? Things that have died, perhaps now shadows in your psyche? By wearing only your underwear there seems to be a sign that you are willing to be vulnerable, to risk and explore as part of your journey.

Milfoil said:
A class is now going on in the corridoor and a woman teacher is showing students how to paint little pot figurines (pixies etc). Still in my underwear but seemingly not bothered, I mention that I have already paid for this class but she doesn't give me anything to do so I wander off to the front of the building which is all glass.
I think that in any event you got your money's worth.

Milfoil said:
The view would be spectacular but for another of these massive round black discs with 6's pinned to it. Around the side of it I can see what looks like a Northern European or possibly Canadian landscape of hills, mountains and mist in the valleys. I have the feeling that these discs and the '6' flags are part of a ritual or anual event that the school observs so possibly something to do with regular observance on my part. (I've been slacking lately)
This seems to be another vision of wildness, the wilderness being a place of trial and transformation. But these sixes seem to be blocking it. Perhaps there is an issue or some work that needs to be done - in connection with the sixes - before you can continue.

Deep Blessings - David

Milfoil

Thankyou David (again) :)

I think the airports are about the journey I am on - distant places (break from the norm) etc

The group of women, I must admit, I had already thought could be our group of ATF friends (within the dream I think!!) but I can't remember for sure.

The black bag - not sure still but I think it has to do with balance as do the 6s

Every tarot reading I have done lately is about balance, temperance, two of swords, knight of swords etc - all about clear thinking and balance. One thing that became very significant though reading via a different deck from norm, is knowing what to tell and what to keep; what is visible and what should remain hidden - this is something I need to work on as I have always been one to wear my heart on my sleeve (as Mia Dolan also told me!!) but till now I have seen this as my willingness to be open, however its not always appropriate is it?

The dog, I am sure represents compassion, faithfullness and unconditional love. Areas I already have been working on, hence the dog walks with me without being asked but I still need to be reminded that this is a life long commitment.

I had a feeling that the graves were about putting things into perspective. Although gone, not forgotten, balancing their memory with their actual place in the scheme of things etc.

The following dream seemed to be all about possibilites (pregnancy, energy etc) but last night, each dream was about bathing, cleansing etc. Things are happening quickly which is fine but I can't help feeling that I'm not seeing the whole picture. Maybe thats how its supposed to be???

Sophie-David

Milfoil said:
I think the airports are about the journey I am on - distant places (break from the norm) etc
I remember that in a dream last year I was piloting a large passenger aircraft taking off. All the usual psychic crew were there (Inu, Inner Beloveds, etc.). It was very exhilarating, although the destination was unknown. And indeed this dream marked the beginning of a new stage of transition.
Milfoil said:
Every tarot reading I have done lately is about balance, temperance, two of swords, knight of swords etc - all about clear thinking and balance. One thing that became very significant though reading via a different deck from norm, is knowing what to tell and what to keep; what is visible and what should remain hidden - this is something I need to work on as I have always been one to wear my heart on my sleeve (as Mia Dolan also told me!!) but till now I have seen this as my willingness to be open, however its not always appropriate is it?
I hope you don't mind me giving a little advice and asking some questions this morning. I'm sure you realize this, but I would caution you to try to be as open as possible to the process, considering options but suspending judgement. The left brain is always so quick to come up with a definition, which cuts off the inner debate and naturally tends to limit growth. While indeed you are probably working on balance, I do think there are other levels that are attempting to emerge. For example, what are you trying to balance? And what's in that damn black bag? :)

Yes, the openness of compassion, that takes a lot of courage! In these passages I have just read from Estés she talks about innocence as opposed to naiveté:
"Ignorance is not knowing anything but being attracted to the good. Innocence is knowing everything, and still being attracted to the good"... To return to alert innocence is not so much an effort, like moving a pile of bricks from here to there, as it is standing still long enough to let the spirit find you... There is wariness that is real, when danger is near, and wariness that is unwarranted and that comes from having been wounded in the past.
I think your willingness to be open is a precious thing. Yes, there are times when it may not be appropriate, but in most cases the world would be a better place if we were each more open with our feelings, expressing ourselves freely from a heart of love.

Milfoil said:
The following dream seemed to be all about possibilities (pregnancy, energy etc) but last night, each dream was about bathing, cleansing etc. Things are happening quickly which is fine but I can't help feeling that I'm not seeing the whole picture. Maybe that's how its supposed to be???
Yes, I agree. If you feel you know all the answers about a dream then you probably haven't looked at it closely enough. You could literally spend the next six months exploring an archetypal dream such as yours and not come to the bottom of it. Realistically most of us don't have that kind of time, but I do have faith that when we are earnest and open to growth then it will come to us in any event. If you don't realize a new thing right away, pretty soon the unconscious will come along and hit you over the head with it! ;)

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
I hope you don't mind me giving a little advice and asking some questions this morning. I'm sure you realize this, but I would caution you to try to be as open as possible to the process, considering options but suspending judgement. The left brain is always so quick to come up with a definition, which cuts off the inner debate and naturally tends to limit growth. While indeed you are probably working on balance, I do think there are other levels that are attempting to emerge. For example, what are you trying to balance? And what's in that damn black bag? :)

LOL, I never mind advice and I think you are right. I've been so close to all this for so long now I think I may not be able to see the wood for the trees as the saying goes. I am slowly beginning to learn what it is I have to balance but its going to be a long process. The damn black bag (hahahaha) seems to be excess luggage - something I didn't want or need but carried with me. No wonder there were no thanks for it.

The pregnancy, gift, nurturing theme has been carried forward in last night's dreams of babys needing milk, me needing new clothes, shopping, having no top on in public!! and returning to my Grandmothers house to look through her kitchen cupboards where all the ingredients are present etc.

I also dreamed of needing to attend a new year party but had no nice clothes (hence the topless shopping expedition!! LOL). This seems to be a time of change and transition on many levels but its very complex putting it all together.

Sophie-David said:
Yes, I agree. If you feel you know all the answers about a dream then you probably haven't looked at it closely enough. You could literally spend the next six months exploring an archetypal dream such as yours and not come to the bottom of it. Realistically most of us don't have that kind of time, but I do have faith that when we are earnest and open to growth then it will come to us in any event. If you don't realize a new thing right away, pretty soon the unconscious will come along and hit you over the head with it! ;)

Thankyou David, I must admit I am getting a bit bruised with all this hitting over the head (joke) but I know what you mean. You struggle with a symbol or a concept that doesn't seem to fit the nice, tidy left side brain explanation then WHAM why didn't I see it before . . . One message I get repeatedly is to sit back and just let things happen. Now this is completely alien to me and I have great difficulty just letting things happen, I feel that I am not being effective if I don't research or read or follow new leads etc (in all areas of life) so another thing to balance.

Everything is happening so quickly now, rather like the calm, blue pond before the froth of the turbines . . . I'm going down the plug hole but its one hell of a ride . . . . .

Sophie-David

Lessons from Lady Death

Milfoil said:
Everything is happening so quickly now, rather like the calm, blue pond before the froth of the turbines . . . I'm going down the plug hole but its one hell of a ride . . . . .
LOL, Milfoil, I think I'm in the same boat! Another very Canadian and particularly British Columbian image, the "hydro" (hydro-electric) dam - have you ever been to Canada? Anyway, I think I must be crazy to let myself be courted by Lady Death!

I have begun to have dreams that I feel are guided by her. Not that I have seen her since the encounter on the weekend ("Laying with the Wild Woman") - I am probably not ready for another such encounter and indeed am probably learning more because of the way things are evolving. If I did meet her again in that form today I don't think my reaction could be any different, I would still not be able to die in her arms.

It is likely that her role as teacher is to prepare me, letting my old heart die so that a new one can grow in its place. Last year, Eirian's "Training Videos" were about courage and assertion. It would seem that this year Lady Death teaches how to love more deeply, in a way that does not possess but lets go. Interestingly enough my latest album from Deva Premal is Love is Space. And the theme song of my encounter on Saturday was Leonard Cohen's "Dance Me to the End of Love", as sung by Madeleine Peyroux - i.e. that was playing in the background (of course I then had to have the album ;)).

Two nights ago, in some seemingly random television viewing I watched Murdoch Mysteries. I have not seen this before - I watch very little television - but it seemed a very realistic potrayal of Toronto in the nineteenth century. In fascinated horror I witnessed the depiction of the murder of a prostitute, very disturbing with its cold and calculated malice. In last night's dream I first witnessed my father dragging my mother around a grocery store, in a callous and brutal way. This is part of the infection of the heart that must be brought to death. Then the scene replayed and this time I was helping my mother around the store. I was able to be loving and intimate with her in a healthy way, whereas in my past life experiences I was afraid of her touch. This was another very healing dream, a death of the old and a rebirth of a beautiful new way of relating.

Last night the dreams were vague, but I remember that my mother was playing with a dog - a beautiful, happy and buoyant black labrador - and then she complained that the dog was out of control and unfairly disciplined it. She had great difficulty in dealing with the instinctual self - and in that again I recognized an old infection in my own heart. And too, a repression from her of my old wild nature.

I will be offline until Sunday this week. This evening Lynn and I will be staying in a Catholic retreat centre, attending a Reiki healing session tomorrow, and then taking our Reiki Two on the weekend. :)

Bon Voyage Milfoil! ;)

Kahlie

Dear People,

Lately I've had problems sleeping so I didn't dream anything memorable... I have been thinking a lot about two dream settings/dream scenario's that seem to recurr quite often.

In one I'm on a fair/market. This is always a mix of nicknacks and food. Always. Sometimes I find things I need in the food department sometimes I find things I need that you would find on a flea market. Sometimes I'm with my bf, sometimes alone. Sometimes in London, sometimes in a place I don't know. Usually, it's held in a building, with several floors.

This seems to be a poignant dreamsetting for me to learn and get information on what is necessary for me. I wondered if somebody had a similar dream setting or something to say on this?

The other dream scenario is when I'm at the old house where I lived between 6-16. We moved there for my health reasons. I'm always waiting for my mother. She's late, but I can only leave the house untill she's there. As soon as she is there, I leave for a doctors appointment. It's not always the same doc. I'm worried because of my tardiness and stressed. I always take the same kind of transportation (an electric/tram). I always wake up before reaching the destination.

This is quite a curious dream scenario. I hadn't noticed how often it reoccured untill I checked my dream journal. I don't know why it's so important to wait for my mother. It's quite strange, since I haven't lived with her since my 18th...

I'm interested in any opinions!

Kahlie