Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Milfoil

The first dream scenario I can definately identify with. I have had several dreams in the past about walking past shops, series of shops, flea markets, food halls etc. These have even extended to kitchen dream scenes of going through cupboards looking for something and finding different items.

For me, it all seems to be about finding something I need; some sort of spiritual or psychological nutrition or tool. Deciphering what I looked at or purchased and making the connection to how I should change or adapt my life is always the difficult bit though. Until I find the key, I keep getting the dreams (like a poke in the back until I get it right)

Your dream about waiting for your Mother I can't identify with from personal experience but seems to indicate that the nurturing aspect of yourself needs to be present and you recognise that it isn't always there. In order to go to the Doctor (make yourself well) you need to nurture yourself too so you can travel that route towards treatment. Does that make sense?

psychic sue

I had a weird dream this morning.

I was back with my ex-husband (which believe me is NEVER going to happen!). We were with the kids and my niece. We were staying in a hotel (again) and we couldn't find the right room. Eventually I found room No 4 - this was where we were staying. It was your standard hotel room, except the doors were beautiful - carved out of oak around the frame and very solid.

We went to the shops (we were in Solihull about 2 miles from where I live). I wanted to race ahead, but the only vehicle was a guide dog (golden retriever) - I knew he was a Guide dog because he had the brace on his back. I hung on to the brace and he got me to the book store before everyone else.

Once inside, I was looking for the spiritual books, but they only sold children's books. I was disappointed but enjoyed picking out books with my niece.

That's all I can remember.

Well, I seem to have found the right door - 4 is a solid number, like the door frame - I think this refers to my strong family support.

Being with my ex - something from that time that I need to go back and understand properly.

The dog - my Guide - trust him and "jump on his back" - let him Guide me.

The bookstore - knowledge - I am trying too hard - there is something almost childlike that I am not getting - or have forgotten.

Any other input would be appreciated.

Sue x

Milfoil

What an interesting dream Sue and you've pretty much covered everything I was thinking so the only thing I can add is that by seeing your guide as a guide dog, I wonder if this is an indication that your other senses (other than sight) are important to develop.

The childrens books often hold parables, fundamental truths - can you remember any of the books? Were they of any particular type or telling any particular story?

psychic sue

Yes Millie! You hit the nail on the head there! I can see them fine - I just have trouble hearing and sensing them!

As for the books - I can't remember any particular one, although the colour pink seems to stick in my memory.

Thanks for your views.

Sue x

Kahlie

Millie,

Thank you for your thoughts. My nurturing part? Hmmm... I do know that I fail sometimes in that yes... I think I'm improving... I haven't had the dream in a while, except for when I was sick in Lisbon. (And a few days before going to the doc).

Sue,

It reminds me of childlike enthusiasm... somewhere, you feel that you aren't progressing enough and/or that you wish to 'mature' and go into the 'adult' range. Right now, spirituality might not seem to be your main focus, or at least, what is good for you. Are you maintaining a healthy balance between Material and Spiritual World? Your efforts to go forward are there, but not in the pace that you would want... yet! the dog brought you there more fast. Are you trusting your Guide enough? Or do you have your own expectations? Seems like you shouldn't push the envelope so hard, and spend some time getting your enthusiasm under control with some healthy dose of perspective!

Kahlie

psychic sue

Yes Khalie that makes sense. I am so impatient. Thanks for your input.

Sue x

mingbop

lol sue !! I can feel them & sense them but canny see them. I think that's even more annoying, like standing on a busy street blindfold...

Sophie-David

That flickering lamp across the sea...

Sophie-David said:
PS. Actually I won't be describing it shortly, because the dream log is at home, and I won't be home for about nine days - whoops!
Here is the "missing" dream and commentary...

In last night's dream, the morning of May 23, 2006, I am at a workplace in the desert. I find that some female workers had broken in to some off-limits metal trailers to take their breaks out of the sun. It is hard to believe that these abandoned and unfurnished buildings could give them much rest. At least if they were buried in the ground they would be a little cooler. I point out to their leader that these places were never meant for human habitation, and indeed for all they knew radioactive barrels of green waste could be stored here, as you might see in the Simpsons.

So I lead them to a technical worksite, like one of our remote sites, give them keys and show them around. At this point the operations manager appears - the technical shop seemed to be attached to a kind of school - and as manager of the school he also wants access. So I also give him keys and show him around. Then both the women, the techs and the operations people gather in the technical area and it is rather like a pub. We began to sing a song which had formerly just been for the technical group, but now the women in particular take ownership of it too:

"That flickering lamp across the sea
Ere was it ever meant for me."

The dream ends.

Well this dream was certainly a puzzle. At first I thought it might be about bring my internal feminine to work in my Coast Guard job. But in all honesty I think that I do, and in shower analysis this didn't feel that it was at all the right answer. Instead I think there is link back to the dream of yesterday, where I was married to a different woman and we lived deep in the ground, in a sterile and dry as dust technological research centre. There is a sense that both light and water could be brought to the dry and dark earthen workplace.

But I think the key is that there needs to be a nurturing of the creative self in the dark places that Scorpio goes. For Sophie this week I watched Dvorak's Rusalka, and for me I saw the Dark City DVD last night. Eirian too needs that nurture. I recall that it was her who was most afraid of the Wheel of Fortune buried deep below the psyche, and like most fears this comes from lack of understanding. I need the feminine vision of darkness, not the vision of the moon, but that of the twilight stars. This is the perfect question to ask my creativity teacher with her Scorpio stellium, and it just happens that I have a voice lesson with her today. I am seeking a creative work, perhaps in film, literature, art or music, that expresses the feminine dark vision - not the emotive one but the creative, like a Biblical prophecy made from a woman's terms.

I then posted the thread How to Nurture the Deep Feminine, and found that the answer at this time was a return to reading Women Who Run with the Wolves.

Then on May 23 and 24 I did some Tarot readings to expand on this dream, using the Victoria Regina.

Who were the women working in the desert? My creativity mentor pointed out that since they were poorly defined, they may represent either newly arising feminine energies, and/or those that has been repressed.

Woman One (the Leader who broke into the metal sheds): King of Wands - represented in this deck by Benjamin Disraeli, policitician and novelist, looks somewhat feminine, exotic, flambuoyant and showy. Ambitious, passionate, creative, stylish, inventive, may lack tolerance. My impression is that this character is not unlike the Empress operating in less than ideal conditions.

What does she need? Five of Wands Rx - the end of conflict and game playing

Woman Two: Temperance Reversed - the female alchemist, but delayed, will follow after Death [I wrote this before knowing that I would soon pull the Death card and encounter Lady Death], out of balance

What does she need? Eight of Wands Rx - going slow, rebalancing

Woman Three: Seven of Swords Rx - stealth, Scorpio energy, but blocked

What does she need? Two of Cups Rx - work in the shadow to resolve incompatiblity

What did the Sun in the dream of the women in the desert represent? King of Wands Rx - misused authority, arrogance, overbearing fire. This relates back to the dream of leaving the Heartland with the hart: the cultivated fields were reflected in the Sun Rx: overbearing egoic energy and repression.

How would it be best to nurture the women? Four of Coins Rx - their nurture requires risk, release and change, a letting go of control.
Elaborate on that (explain)? Seven of Cups - you need to make a choice guided by your emotions, but seeing through illusion and distraction

What do the women need? Ace of Coins Rx - detachment, taking things more lightly

What work were the women doing? Nine of Wands - defending themselves, even as they were being entrapped.

What work is appropriate for them? Queen of Coins Rx - that which makes them worthy instead of being debased

My creativity mentor pointed out that inviting them to the pub was not nurturing them, but was in fact the typical patriarchal ploy of forcing the feminine to fit into the system by joining the old boys club. I agree with this analysis.

The verse itself, "The flickering lamp across the sea, Ere was it ever meant for me", in combination with the pub setting, seems to imply a surrender of transcendent dreams in favour of distant and weakened illusion: the negative aspects of immersion in Neptune's Cups. There are also possible word plays, such as Ere meaning "Err" for error, or "Ere was it ever" as a corruption of Eirian's name. On face value, there is a clear astrological reference to natal Venus trine with Neptune in Scorpio, conjunct with the fire of Vesta in Libra - but unfortunately expressed as a flickering and faint hope rather than a transforming fire.

So having spent quite a bit of time on processing this dream, I realized that immediate action was necessary, and particularly that the ego needed putting in his place. The prescription proved to be Women Who Run With the Wolves which led to the transforming and egoically frightening encounter with Lady Death, an encounter that the ego did his best to deny had happened at all, and then tried to forget. The ego's fears were well founded, as the emancipation of these women proved very threatening to continuing existence on his terms. Even though he avoided dying in Lady Death's arms, he is now on the run, and she will inevitably overtake him. ;)

psychic sue

Thank you for sharing with us David - I learn so much from your dream interpretations.

I had a weird one again this morning.

I was in a religious building - it wasn't a church but neither was is a Mosque or anything else I would recognise. We had three booklets to work through the service with.

I was with a work colleague (a nice one!), but he didn't seem to be taking part in the service. The whole building was full.

The first booklet had Ganesh (I think) on the cover.

The religious leader was reading the prayers in a sing-song voice in a language which I didn't understand, but which I was joining in with.

The first section finished and I felt satisfied - but then - no! I had lost the other two booklets. The dream ended with me frantically looking for them under the seats.

I can't see the wood for the trees with this one. Can anyone help?

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
The verse itself, "The flickering lamp across the sea, Ere was it ever meant for me", in combination with the pub setting, seems to imply a surrender of transcendent dreams in favour of distant and weakened illusion: the negative aspects of immersion in Neptune's Cups. There are also possible word plays, such as Ere meaning "Err" for error, or "Ere was it ever" as a corruption of Eirian's name. On face value, there is a clear astrological reference to natal Venus trine with Neptune in Scorpio, conjunct with the fire of Vesta in Libra - but unfortunately expressed as a flickering and faint hope rather than a transforming fire.

So having spent quite a bit of time on processing this dream, I realized that immediate action was necessary, and particularly that the ego needed putting in his place. The prescription proved to be Women Who Run With the Wolves which led to the transforming and egoically frightening encounter with Lady Death, an encounter that the ego did his best to deny had happened at all, and then tried to forget. The ego's fears were well founded, as the emancipation of these women proved very threatening to continuing existence on his terms. Even though he avoided dying in Lady Death's arms, he is now on the run, and she will inevitably overtake him. ;)

I don't mind admitting that I've struggled a little with some of this. I'm not suggesting for one minute that there is anything wrong but it is my lack of indepth understanding that has been the stumbling block. I think I am finally beginning to understand what you really mean and are looking for.

Do you think that the ego has to be lost completely when facing Lady Death? Or rather give in, surrender and transcend such a death or even that it is just a meeting of egos? (Femme fatale meets Homme fatale ;) )

I find the research and more detailed understanding of how the archetypes affect us personally to be fascinating and engaging.

Did you get anywhere with George Eliot? Certainly some of her characters Rosamund Vincey from Middlemarch for example would most likely qualify as the Scorpio Feminine.