Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

psychic sue

Speaking of spiders I have been seeing them all over the place - then yesterday I saw a spider brooch which I had to have. It's a huge orange piece of Citrine for the body with silver legs and head. I wore it for one of my fairs yesterday and I was very tuned in.

Sophie-David

The Wedding Feast

September 23, 2006

Yesterday they gave me some time off for good behaviour (no "big dreams"), so that I had a chance yesterday evening to cast my Spirit Guide Draw for this past week, as well as to focus on this week's vocal lesson. It was in any case difficult to focus because I was full of my news of ordering the riq, and the significance of this as revealed in this dream cycle. But my teacher has given me some helpful new exercises that - as is typical of her intuitive style - tie in strongly with the rest of the creative work I am doing.

There is still a disconnect between head and body, and although both are growing very healthily separately, it is the heart integration that still needs a lot of work. The detachment of my head is still quite evident in my singing style and posture, and this confirms one of the revelations of this week, that the two sacred marriages have both occurred in the head, one at the Third Eye and one at the Throat. It is obviously not quite as simple as that, for these integrations did not occur in isolation - the whole spirit-soul emotive body had to be involved - but nonetheless that is where the focal points occurred.

When I woke early this morning and I had already had a significant but somewhat vague dream. Then I heard Lady Death say, "Come with me to the gates of death - and hell!" And although I agreed with her in principle, I know that my heart was not in it - again the ego has turned down the invitation to die in her arms! Its bloody frustrating! Yes, I know, a process has to be gone through - just venting a little! Yes, and I know what hell is too, simply the blessed inferno of the Sun, and the Solar Plexus, the sun that burns within - is that so difficult? There is a seemingly simple exercise that I do on the bodhrán that I have dubbed the "infernal reel", and I still have trouble with it - either the left brain gets obsessed with the detail and interferes with the fluidity of the playing, or the right brain goes off and does its own thing! I can see now exactly why I have called it "infernal" - it is all to do with egoic balance.

I also notice that in the "This Place Riqs" dream of my wife, "Geri Halliwell", using the Piscean drum to invoke the descent of air to water, that the ego is interested - entertained - but detached from her work. This is unhealthy egoic detachment, the ego tentative and uncommitted in situations in which involvement is appropriate. In fear of being overbearing and abusive (like my father), the ego only seems to know how to be assertive as a role, rather than as an extension of his identity.

Consequent to my refusal of Lady Death's invitation she instead took me on another archetypal dream adventure, a repetition of the earlier dream, but in greater detail, as follows:

I see the woman whom I recognize as Kundalini Shakti: she has dark hair and is currently dressed in luxuriant violets. But even though her form is defined and substantial, I find her almost impossible to describe, for her presence is so all encompassing that her features have become impersonal. She is with her consort, her lover. He is somewhat shadowy and insubstantial, even the colour of his clothing is sepia toned and unremarkable, but he has a smooth, beautiful and angelic face, subtly radiant with a light from within, and above.

Together they sit down at the high altar, a table in the sanctuary at the very front of the church, below the stained glass windows. They are surrounded by golds and reds, and they begin their wedding feast - a lavish setting of meats, breads, fruits and milks. They are quite alone. The dream ends.

This was yet another simple yet extraordinarily beautiful and vivid dream, a vision of something very close to heaven. This is of course the marriage feast of Shiva and Shakti, of spirit and soul, held high in the realm of spirit, at the seat of the human crown. It answers a question that I had, "Where is Shiva?", because although I had seen Shakti descending, it was never with her consort. The dream imagery conveys his presence very creatively, as one who through passion for Shakti, is beginning to change and assume form. My feeling at this point is that Shakti bears Shiva within her, not as a pregnancy but as an indwelling presence.

Sophie-David

Of Spiders and Fire

Milfoil said:
Thankyou David, yet again your insight is well placed.

Balance and creativity seem to be the key words for me right now.

Last night I met (possibly) another guide in the form of a spider. I was in a smart hotel with lots of other people at a function. In the corner of the room by the bar were a set of shelves and on one shelf was a bowl of fruit in which was a large black/brown spider with long angular legs and a long body. The striking thing about this spider was that it appeared to have a gold or polished brass 'n' shaped feature wrapped right around the rear of its abdomen making it look more like a jewel than a live animal yet it was alive and moving when it jumped onto the guy next to me, sat on his nose as he continued to try to drink his cocktail with it still there!
The spider is an important symbol of maternal energy, the static feminine archetype of nurture through protective containment and enclosure, of development through slow and careful manifestation. Her web is one of holistic interconnectivity, and her desire is to encompass and relate to all of dualistic reality. She is the patient crafter and weaver, balanced and true in the monumental task she has set before herself. She is the Empress, manifesting the many through her love of the one. Her womb is gloriously adorned in gilded fabric, radiantly symbolic of her fertility and fruitfulness - from out of the fruit bowl.

Milfoil said:
A woman who works in the hotel then comes walking through the crowd casually swinging a flaming ladle of alchohol (as you would use with a flambe dish). As she swings this big ladle of fire behind her she catches it on other people, setting them alight then drops it to the ground as though there is no problem with the damage it is doing. I rush over, pick it up and put it on a multi-tiered stand. She insists that I place it to the front so that the temperature does not exceed 33 degrees. The ladle is full of alchohol and when it tips over as I place it in the stand the flames leap up to the ceiling. I tell her that I have done as she said but she is in my face and very angry. I just walk away thinking that she's a bit mad. The fire dies down quickly.
Well, I'm going to play devil's advocate (we've been on rather good terms lately ;)) and suggest that the fire could be viewed as a positive thing, that sometimes people and places need to take light in an abundance of creative energy, that sometimes old forms need to make way for new, that this dynamic masculine archetype of change and destruction balances that of the spider, who is so devoted to maintaining and nurturing the status quo. Thus the fire becomes an agent of Lady Death, so that the creative cycle may be regenerated.

Milfoil said:
On getting to work this morning, there is an enormous spider just sitting there above my monitors. Its big for UK standards, measuring about 3 inches across from leg to leg as it sits there. I'm sure this is more than mere coincidence so I look up the meaning of spiders in dreams and as totem/guides etc. Of course, creativity, balance are the key features so I think I need to listen and accept this spiders wisdom.
I am disappointed that they did not mention that this creativity and balance are inherently feminine and maternal. If we have had an dysfunctional relationship with our mothers that remains unresolved, this energy is seen very negatively, like Tolkien's Shelob, a smothering womb that is a tomb. Your lack of fear shows a healthy adjustment to maternal energy, and bodes well for your creative life.

Milfoil said:
There was more to the dream but I can't remember it all now. The fire seems to relate to problems at work right now, unreasonable customers who seem to be pushing me to loose my temper and over react. Its taking all my reserve to stay calm, not react and try to be peacefull instead of doing what comes naturally which is to retaliate.

Perhaps the spider is also a message to take control not by angry, retaliatory means but showing that even the smallest of measures can produce a significant effect (you should have seen my secretary jump when she saw the big spider in the office this morning HAHAHA - I didn't know she could move THAT fast!!)
Keeping a spider for a pet might be quite stimulating to office productivity! ;)

Milfoil

Thankyou David

Its funny, we all see different animals every day, birds, insects, pets, farm animals etc but somehow, when we see them in an unusual situation we can then take on the message.

I see spiders every day, we have a hardware shop and a timber yard so you can imagine, they are in every dark corner, in the store rooms, hiding amongst the wood and in the dust but yesterday that massive one in the office right there in front of me and then another hanging 8 or 9 feet down from a tree right in front of me as I was about to leave were so prominent and out of place that I have to think twice about them.

I think you're right David, the fire is probably more to do with creative energy and possibly even cleansing or initiation too. The woman getting mad at me could be many things but passionate responses like that would seem to back up any message about energy.

The number 33 seems to be significant too. I've been seeing double numbers all over the place for days now 11:22am or 5:55am etc 22:33 is a common one.

Its funny you should talk about refusing Lady Death's invitation to death and hell. Its almost impossible for us, here and now to knowingly offer ourselves to a fate which we have been conditioned to believe will result in suffering. I say funny because I decided early this morning to journey to meet the spider guide and found myself backing away from her offer to join her within the web. The journey colapsed at this point and I seemed to have failed the test. Too much too soon I guess! I need to know more about what and why before I walk this path. (btw, the spider I met in journeying this morning was WAY bigger, I was the size of a fly and she was a good 16' high so you can probably forgive me for declining her offer just yet!!) ;)

I guess what I'm saying is that its not just fear or ego that stops us, but also concern about being naieve in a dangerous situation.

Sophie-David

Weighing the Costs

Milfoil said:
The number 33 seems to be significant too. I've been seeing double numbers all over the place for days now 11:22am or 5:55am etc 22:33 is a common one.
These double numbers seem to suggest parity and balance. I think there is definitely a spiritual awakening going on Millie, when you look up and things "just happen" to be in some particular pattern, over and over.
Milfoil said:
Its funny you should talk about refusing Lady Death's invitation to death and hell. Its almost impossible for us, here and now to knowingly offer ourselves to a fate which we have been conditioned to believe will result in suffering. I say funny because I decided early this morning to journey to meet the spider guide and found myself backing away from her offer to join her within the web. The journey colapsed at this point and I seemed to have failed the test. Too much too soon I guess! I need to know more about what and why before I walk this path. (btw, the spider I met in journeying this morning was WAY bigger, I was the size of a fly and she was a good 16' high so you can probably forgive me for declining her offer just yet!!) ;)
Yes indeed!
Milfoil said:
I guess what I'm saying is that its not just fear or ego that stops us, but also concern about being naieve in a dangerous situation.
Yes, you are quite right to be concerned about real danger. You need to be clear on what the stakes are and what you are risking. In my shamanic journey through the Majors two years ago there was a very real risk of personal psychic damage, but I weighed the risks and the rewards and chose to proceed. There may have been a safer way, I do not know, but I felt that was the proper path at the time. I do not regret my choice.

In everything we do there are risks, big or small, and it is false wisdom to ignore them - in fact it is the height of egoic arrogance to do so. On the other hand, having assessed the risks, and decided on a course, I believe we need to undertake it wholeheartedly, still with awareness that there could be a sudden change in the situation, but without letting fear control the outcome.

In my heart of hearts I know that the only danger in Lady Death is an egoic one, not a psychic one. Surrender to her truly is my heart's desire - I have lately recognized that this has been so for decades - but egoic fear restrains me. I also realize that she knew very well what my reaction would be, but in showing me the fear that is still controlling me, she is helping me both to understand the issues and to set a new goal for further growth - giving me a landmark, as it were.

The fact that she rewarded me in any event with a most beautiful and inspiring dream is proof enough of her compassion. Lady Death does not ask for this sacrifice arbitrarily, but only because it is the only way that transformation can happen. And I know that it didn't come across in how I wrote up the dream, because I was writing it from the ego's point of view, but her invitation was offered seriously but with great tenderness, truly as a lover would becken her beloved to bed.

There is also a sense that she did in any event show me "the gates of death - and hell", but in a sublimely subtle form that I could accept at this point in the journey. For in the union of Shiva and Shakti, there is in each one a dying of the self, a release of their inherent natures for the sake of love. And love indeed becomes the third person in their relationship, they surrender not so much to each other, but to love. In the whole cosmos, there is nothing more frightening than love.

psychic sue

David - remember when I used to listen to Radhe Shyam? Maybe you could try meditating with that?

The medication I am on, sadly, robs me of my dreams (well the rememberance anyway) - but I do remember snatches from a dream this morning.

I had a large, modern, expensive looking house. It was decorated and furnished tastefully and well. My nephew was left in the house alone. When I returned he had made such a mess. He had used things and left them where he had finished with them (he does do this in real life and it drives me crazy!). There was an area on the carpet where there were rocks and crystals and some sort of measuring device. "What have you been doing here?" I said. "My crystal readings" he replied. In reality this would NEVER happen he is far too worried about women at the moment to concentrate on anything spiritual!

I sighed and thought "I must clear up all this mess. But where do I start?" a voice in my head said "a bit at a time - clear away the mess stage by stage".

Then I was outside. An old woman (no-one I knew just the archetypical "old woman") came up to me and was crying. I knew instantly that she had left her husband and another man wanted to be with her - but she was unsure of this man. "What shall I do?" she said.

I told her to take the new man out of the equation completely - just think about her husband. Was there anything worth salvaging in that relationship? Did she love him? (I actually gave this advice to someone the other day).

She said she was sure she wanted to leave her husband - even without the other guy on the scene - and was going to see this other man.

I followed her. She opened a door and skipped down a set of wooden stairs into a basement. I tried to follow but the stairs were rickety and covered in rubbish - it looked like someone had left all their old junk down there. Old socks, books, photos, things of the past.

I could hear her talking to this man as I picked my way gingerly down the stairs.

That's all I can remember.

If houses and basements represent our inner psyche I am pretty screwed up at the moment! The woman - I thought of "the crone" - and yet I was giving her knowledge?

I do have this really nice guy interested in me at the moment and I admit I am PETRIFIED of getting involved. We are going on a date on Friday. Could this be connected?

Milfoil

Most definately Sue, its the first thing that sprang to mind to be honest.

It looks like you already know that you have a lot of psychological rubbish to clear out regardless of anyone else coming into your life.

Your beautiful new house is what you know you really have but the child who makes a mess is you and this is the message I have been getting too of late. We have to be child-like NOT childish! Its the balance between living a life of conviction and purpose as a mature adult but still seeing and accepting life with the wonder and fearless joy of a child.

When you tidy up after yourself but still allow yourself to make a creative mess now and again, thats when it will all start to fit together. (advice I badly need to take myself).

psychic sue

Ah thanks Milly that is very clear now. I understand what you are saying about being child-like but mature. It's kind of like the Fool isn't it?

I am going to give it a go with this guy anyway - just see where it leads. But you are right, I have got some psychological clearing up to do.

Many thanks,

Sue x

Milfoil

Spider message

I thought I'd do some more looking into spider medicine and this really stood out:

sayahda.com said:
The Spider

Many stories exist about the weaver, Grandmother spider. She carried on her back the gift of fire in a basket that she wove and presented it to the people. In another story it is said that her web bound all things together and formed the foundation of earth..

These legends give the spider a link to the past and the future, birth and creation. When the spider crawls into our awareness it is asking us to rebuild the web of our life in accordance with the design the creator gave us.

Spiders differ from insects in having eight legs rather than six and in having the body divided into two parts rather than three. The number eight laid on its side is the symbol for infinity. The number two implies the union of two forces joined together. Together they equal ten. Drop the zero and you are back to the starting point of one. The hidden message of spider is unity. The study of numerology is beneficial for those who hold this medicine.

The construction of a web is linked to the geometry of creation. In the construction of an orb web the spider releases a sticky silken thread into the wind. If the breeze carries the thread to a spot where it sticks the first bridge is formed. Spider cautiously crosses the line reinforcing it with a second. This process continues until a frame is constructed in which the web can secure itself. Bridges serve as a link tying all things together and remind us of our interconnectedness to all life.

The spider shows us that the past, the present and the future are all interwoven. It awakens our intuitive creative senses and encourages us to design the fabric of our lives from our souls original intention. If you see a spider in its web, or creating a new one, pay attention. It symbolizes where you are in the weaving of your own destiny. A study of the medicine wheel and the four directions is helpful.

Because spiders are actually very delicate they embody the energy of gentleness. Spiders are not usually aggressive unless they are defending their lives. Moving forward in all situations with a gentle strength is a skill that often needs to be learned for those with this totem. In man, the bite of a poisonous spider symbolizes a death, rebirth process. Poison enters the nervous system and the body either transmutes it or falls victim to its venom and dies.

The spider signifies the tapestry of life. The web we weave is the reality we experience. Choosing the appropriate path is one of the lessons associated with this

The first paragraph especially caught me by surprise. The spider Grandmother who carried fire on her back in a basket she wove and gave it to people - if that isn't a direct corrolation to my dream I don't know what is.

Last night I had fragments of dreams, one was about either having or being given two ongons (spirit homes) for my altar, neither were finished but I awoke wondering about the typically Christian view of not bowing down to a graven image. Immediately I knew that this mean worship rather than honour or respect. A big difference.

Then there was a dirty old barn in which a court case was about to be conducted and I was waiting to hear when I would be called in, the other party was already there but being sued by someone else . . .

Then there was the insect (could have been another spider, I don't know) with a bright purple 'V' on its abdomen (like the spider in the last dream had the 'n' shape in polished brass), I considered this to mean spiritual/psychic victory yet the 'V' was (to my view) upside down (like an arrow point) so as long I take notice and work on this message, I will be moving forward.

psychic sue

Milly - thank you for posting this information on the spider. They have been popping up in my life a lot lately and now I know why! What an amazing dream you had.

Sue x